+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

rmpatel11

Mar 4, 2015
my husband submitted his open work permit application at vfs Ahmedabad on 29th june but I haven't received any updates.normal processing time is 9weeks.

Rohit11111

Aug 31, 2017
Hello everyone,

Situation: I am on PGWP valid until 2020 and I joined a company in April in Toronto right after my graduation and applied for my SOWP as my spouse work permit was expiring in September 2017 and she got refused yesterday for her SOWP.

Reason: According to the Immigration officer I do not fall under the NOC 0, A, or B tho job title does fall in B but the salary, duties, and responsibilities made him make this decision.

Question: As I don't want to have any more confusion in job title so I am looking for another job and I will switch soon but now I have to apply for her permit again else she has to fly back before the end of September.

Option 1: I have an another job prospect and if I join it before the end of September should I apply for SOWP again as I will not be having pay stubs in that case ( i don't know how much they matter ) only offer letter.

Option 2: I apply for her Visitor Visa before current status expires which will take 104 days and during that period I can easily change the job and prepare all documents to apply for a work permit after she gets her visitor visa.

Problem: Either situation if we get denied again she will fall under restoration period of and I don't know how is it going to affect the PR process in future.

I need suggestions, Please Help !

I am not sure if I posted this on right place ..... if I am wrong please correct me, thanks guys.

Last edited:

ranjanv88

Jul 2, 2017
Hello everyone,

Situation: I am on PGWP valid until 2020 and I joined a company in April in Toronto right after my graduation and applied for my SOWP as my spouse work permit was expiring in September 2017 and she got refused yesterday for her SOWP.

Reason: According to the Immigration officer I do not fall under the NOC 0, A, or B tho job title does fall in B but the salary, duties, and responsibilities made him make this decision.

Question: As I don't want to have any more confusion in job title so I am looking for another job and I will switch soon but now I have to apply for her permit again else she has to fly back before the end of September.

Option 1: I have an another job prospect and if I join it before the end of September should I apply for SOWP again as I will not be having pay stubs in that case ( i don't know how much they matter ) only offer letter.

Option 2: I apply for her Visitor Visa before current status expires which will take 104 days and during that period I can easily change the job and prepare all documents to apply for a work permit after she gets her visitor visa.

Problem: Either situation if we get denied again she will fall under restoration period of and I don't know how is it going to affect the PR process in future.

I need suggestions, Please Help !

I am not sure if I posted this on right place ..... if I am wrong please correct me, thanks guys.
If you apply for visitor visa also, there are high chances of rejection. If i was in your place, i would have waited for my next job and then applied for work permit.

ranjanv88

Jul 2, 2017
Finally. My wife got approved today!!

Timeline:

Application: 1st April
Biometrics: 3rd April
Medical call: 23rd August
Medical pass: 27th August
Passport request and status changed to approved: 30th August

So much patience but got the end result. Best of luck to everyone out there!!
Congrats. If i am not wrong, you'd applied in singapore isn't it ?

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
IT is not necessary to show funds in your bank if you work in O A or B category.
My job falls under category B but the payment is low. Does it make any risk to get the visa rejected. When i approached an immigration lawyer he said thats not an issue.

Gurnav

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Co
Finally. My wife got approved today!!

Timeline:

Application: 1st April
Biometrics: 3rd April
Medical call: 23rd August
Medical pass: 27th August
Passport request and status changed to approved: 30th August

So much patience but got the end result. Best of luck to everyone out there!!
ng

Buggs Bunnie

Jun 20, 2016
UPDATING here:
APplication submitted from india online (delhi): June 19
Med req- Aug 12
Med completed- Aug 16
Med passed- Aug 21
Passport requested- Sep 01
Hoping for ppsitive now!

Flywheel

Sep 1, 2017
Hello Everyone .
Following is my time line for SOWP for my Wife:
Applied : Online on June 24,2017 (Chandigarh)
Acknowledgement : June 26,2017

There has been no update yet and it has been more than 9 weeks. I have sent an email regarding the same and haven't heard back from CIC yet. I guess we can't do anything but wait..

Last edited:

Gurnav

Star Member
May 17, 2017
M al
Hello Everyone .
Following is my time line for SOWP for my Wife:
Applied : Online on June 24,2016 (Chandigarh)
Acknowledgement : June 26,2016

There has been no update yet and it has been more than 9 weeks. I have sent an email regarding the same and haven't heard back from CIC yet. I guess we can't do anything but wait..
M also apply chandigarh 3rd may but no updates but i applied on paper base

Fayezharb

Sep 1, 2017
Dears,
I need some advice for my situation. I have a multiple entry visa to Canada and my wife is a full time university student. I will apply for an open work permit from outside Canada, but I am confused which form should I fill IMM5710 for change condition or IMM1295 for new work permit since I will apply at VFS office in Lebanon as it will take less time to proceed by my application.

Buggs Bunnie

Jun 20, 2016
Then u ll get it in a week or Sep 1st week
Update me
UPDATING here:
APplication submitted from india online (delhi): June 19
Med req- Aug 12
Med completed- Aug 16
Med passed- Aug 21
Passport requested- Sep 01
Hoping for positive results now!