+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

amechmike

Jun 13, 2017
Hello everyone! I need advise Please! Here is my story, I came to Canada with a visitors visa and my fiance and I got married on 8 of September 2016, and then applied for a PR and work permit under spousal sponsor on the 27th October 2016. Then on 6th December 2016 they sent an acknowledgment letter confirming that IRCC received my application on 10/11/2016. Then on April 10 2017 I got this letter below

Jun 20th 2017 I submitted the following as requested in the letter below: A clean Police certificate from my country of origin also Finger print and a clean Police report from RCMP.

I am wondering if this is how long it takes to get the (work permit) when you apply together with PR. it is approximately 8months plus now and am still waiting

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada class.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an
application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and
must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Subsection 21(1) of the Act states that a foreign national becomes a permanent resident if an officer is
satisfied that the foreign national has applied for that status, has met the obligations set out in
paragraph 20(1)(a) and subsection 20(2) and is not inadmissible.
In preparation for the processing your application, we require additional documents/information to
assess your eligibility and admissibility to Canada.
In order to avoid delays in the processing of your application you must only send one submission in
response to this request. That submission should contain all requested documents. Alternatively, if
you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they
are not available, in the same submission where you submit all of the documents that you have
prepared/that were requested.
If you have not yet submitted the following documents, you must submit them to this office:

Police Certificate(s)
The principal applicant (and all family members 18 years or older) is required to submit a police
certificate(s) from the:

•"

milanelo

Aug 8, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have a question: I have an open work permit witch starts on 28th of august. I found a job opportunity, but my employer wont me to start 2 weeks before 28th of august as a training period. I just want to make sure if it really allowed to do like this?

jisanmahfuz

Jul 20, 2017
Thanks for your reply..Her TRV was rejected because the VO was not convinced that she will go back to Bangladesh,
1.In the application there is a section for TRV, should I have to fill up and submit that form too or I will do that after getting the Work permit?
2.What should I write on my explanation letter, is there any sample letter, need your precious guidance on the letter because its very important

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply..Her TRV was rejected because the VO was not convinced that she will go back to Bangladesh,
1.In the application there is a section for TRV, should I have to fill up and submit that form too or I will do that after getting the Work permit?
2.What should I write on my explanation letter, is there any sample letter, need your precious guidance on the letter because its very important
When did you apply for her TRV? I applied for my wife's SWOP on the 1st of April but still did not get any updates yet. Singapore VO is very slow.

Aug 1, 2016
Hey guys...
I am in a bit of trouble... my wife applied for her p.r (me included) in feb and aor was issued in april..... she was nominated by province of manitoba... her work permit was about to expire in august so she applied for a bowp and i applied for a sowp... my sowp was granted on july 10th... later on our p.r file was returned on 26th july stating that pnp certificate was missing ( which i think was misplaced by cic because if it was not there from the starting then how was the application number issued). Due to this her bowp was rejected on 2nd august....she is in winnipeg and i am in india... i was about to visit her on 1st week of September.. now i am in a bit of confusion whether at the port of entry i will be allowed to enter canada or not as our p.r file was returned and my wife's bowp was rejected. I was granted sowp on their basis. So will it affect me at the time of my landing.

Although she will b applying for restoration of her status and new p.r file again but still have this doubt cz i dont want to get shattered there at port of entery if they declare me inadmissible

Pls reply

mbnl

Aug 12, 2017
Hey guys...
I am in a bit of trouble... my wife applied for her p.r (me included) in feb and aor was issued in april..... she was nominated by province of manitoba... her work permit was about to expire in august so she applied for a bowp and i applied for a sowp... my sowp was granted on july 10th... later on our p.r file was returned on 26th july stating that pnp certificate was missing ( which i think was misplaced by cic because if it was not there from the starting then how was the application number issued). Due to this her bowp was rejected on 2nd august....she is in winnipeg and i am in india... i was about to visit her on 1st week of September.. now i am in a bit of confusion whether at the port of entry i will be allowed to enter canada or not as our p.r file was returned and my wife's bowp was rejected. I was granted sowp on their basis. So will it affect me at the time of my landing.

Although she will b applying for restoration of her status and new p.r file again but still have this doubt cz i dont want to get shattered there at port of entery if they declare me inadmissible

Pls reply
Helle, When did you apply for your sowp? did you and your wife apply for work permit at the same time? what is the duration given on your work permit?
I am not 100% sure, but I think you will be fine if your wife's new application in place before you land.

mbnl

Aug 12, 2017
hi ,
my husband's sowp file is refused. I had applied together for my bowp and his sowp in april 12. my visa was valid until 7th july , I am on implied status now.
In error cic has refused my bowp in june. I raise an inquiry but still they did not issue my bowp and on august 2 sowp refused due to the reason that your spouse did not have valid wp.
I had time so I had applied again on 6 july , waiting for my bowp.
can I raise cse inquiry and send them email of submission of my new bowp file number.
Sorry to hear, best wishes for your new application.
I have a question, wonder if you can answer. I think both of you applied for WP at the same time. Once you applied for your BOWP, you are in implied status. I heard that spouse get work permit up to the expiry date of your work permit. Can you please explain how this works? I mean if you are in implied status, what happens to your spouse SOWP application, is he still eligible for a work permit? Thank you.

moisesb

Aug 10, 2017
Brazil
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Guys,

I was nominated by the province of Nova Scotia. When I applied for my Work Permit I didn't include an Open Work Permit application for my wife along with my application.

Is it possible to change my current application and include her after the submission?

I will appreciate any help you can provide me.

BHULLAR07

Apr 14, 2017
what documents did you apply with and is the processing times the same as "work permit new employer"?
YES PROCESSING TIME IS SAME AS NEW EMPLOYER. WHEN I SUBMITTED APPLICATION, THE PROCESSING TIME WAS 41 DAYS. BUT IT KEPT INCREASING AND WHEN I GOT APPROVAL, IT INCREASED TO 63 DAYS. MY APPLICATION TOOK 66 DAYS.

ranjanv88

Jul 2, 2017
Hi
Applied for my husband's spouse owp: june 19
Medical request received today: aug 12
Congrats.. Is it paper based or online, Which VAC? What documents did you provide for financial proof?

I had submitted the application for my spouse on June 21st with my pay slips(3000 CAD biweekly) as financial proof, Can I update the application with my bank balance now ? as I missed to do while applying. Or my pay slips are enough ?

Last edited: