VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sababx said:
Thanks for reply but my concern is that we both have our names on our passports and that is the extreme form of legal. I submitted an online application and I could only upload one picture of us holding our beloved crest where it says just got married because that is our favorite picture. I just got married last year and I provided two letters, one from her and one from myself just to state that what it means for her to come to Canada. We do not have joint bank account, we did not reside together for more than few months. So yeah, those were the proof that I could come up with.
Long debate isn't useful because you cannot argue with a CIC officer with what's legal versus what's not.

Wedding pics and stuff is only required for a recent marriage or of some one who was already in Canada and then got married back home.

But the CIC requirement is not a legal concern.

Think of it as - what does it take for you to fake a marriage of convenience i.e. you get married on paper with some one with the sole intent of bringing them to Canada (they paid you for that).

So every thing is legal - marriage certificate, passport can be made.

What is RELATIVELY harder is to involve people in this fake event, have tons of pictures / proof of contact / past trips together, wedding reception card / pictures of actual event etc.

True that you can possibly fake some of these. But then again there is no black or white criteria that would apply to every one. So visa officers use these measures to at least make it more difficult to prevent marriage of convenience.

For some one who has been married for a long time (even before applying for Canada) or have kids etc. no such thing is ever required or heard of.

The other day i heard of a case of a person, who was a citizen and was caught sponsoring his second wife as a PR to Canada. He already sponsored his first wife a few years ago. When CIC dug deeper, they found neither was an actual wife, rather both were his sisters .....

And then we wonder why CIC is so weird...

Hope that helps

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
fkl said:
Long debate isn't useful because you cannot argue with a CIC officer with what's legal versus what's not.

Wedding pics and stuff is only required for a recent marriage or of some one who was already in Canada and then got married back home.

Think of it as - what does it take for you to fake a marriage of convenience i.e. you get married on paper with some one with the sole intent of bringing them to Canada (they paid you for that).

What is RELATIVELY harder is to involve people in this fake event, have tons of pictures / proof of contact / past trips together, wedding reception card / pictures of actual event etc.

True that you can possibly fake some of these. But then again there is no black or white criteria that would apply to every one. So visa officers use these measures to at least make it more difficult to prevent marriage of convenience.

For some one who has been married for a long time (even before applying for Canada) or have kids etc. no such thing is ever required or heard of.

The other day i heard of a case of a person, who was a citizen and was caught sponsoring his second wife as a PR to Canada. He already sponsored his first wife a few years ago. When CIC dug deeper, they found neither was an actual wife, rather both were his sisters .....

Hope that helps
+1

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
fkl said:

Hope that helps
Thanks for your answer

The problem is, I have thousands of my wedding pictures but when I submitted them online along with my other documents, I could only provide one because it was going over 5 mb. If I do want to provide additional pictures how do I do it? Is it too late now because I have already submitted my paper? What do you recommend?

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
sababx said:
Thanks for your answer

The problem is, I have thousands of my wedding pictures but when I submitted them online along with my other documents, I could only provide one because it was going over 5 mb. If I do want to provide additional pictures how do I do it? Is it too late now because I have already submitted my paper? What do you recommend?
And also, out of all the pictures I could only upload the one where we were both holding our fav team's jersey and on the back of it said we just got married. I don't know if it was the right or wrong decision I made because that is our most favorite picture. I have other tons of pictures where we are both with lots of relatives and friends. What do I do?

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
sababx said:
And also, out of all the pictures I could only upload the one where we were both holding our fav team's jersey and on the back of it said we just got married. I don't know if it was the right or wrong decision I made because that is our most favorite picture. I have other tons of pictures where we are both with lots of relatives and friends. What do I do?

Did you submit the application online? If so send a case specific inquiry and attache additional pics. I would strongly recommend to submit the additional pics of wedding, engagement and casual pics and also pics where you have family and friends as well. Hope this helps.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
The Alchemist said:
Did you submit the application online? If so send a case specific inquiry and attache additional pics. I would strongly recommend to submit the additional pics of wedding, engagement and casual pics and also pics where you have family and friends as well. Hope this helps.
Yes, I submitted it online. How do I do it? Can you please let me know?

Thanks

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
The Alchemist said:
Hi Again

How many pictures should I upload? 3-5 is ok?

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
sababx said:
Hi Again

How many pictures should I upload? 3-5 is ok?

Upload as many as you can. I did 22 pics, the more you provide the stronger your application will be.
you can file the CSE on below link. Enter the information and you should be able to send them the enquiry.
Please mention below info along with your query
1. Application number
2. applicants name
3. applicants DOB
4. Applicants PP #
5. Applicants Address, phone # and email id.

Link is
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Good Luck

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
The Alchemist said:
Upload as many as you can. I did 22 pics, the more you provide the stronger your application will be.
you can file the CSE on below link. Enter the information and you should be able to send them the enquiry.
Please mention below info along with your query
1. Application number
2. applicants name
3. applicants DOB
4. Applicants PP #
5. Applicants Address, phone # and email id.

Link is
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Good Luck
Hi. Thank you so much. You are really helpful. I am attaching 12 pictures now. But how do I make them under 3.5mb in a pdf though? Sorry I am asking too many questions. But I need help in this.

Thanks

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
sababx said:
Hi. Thank you so much. You are really helpful. I am attaching 12 pictures now. But how do I make them under 3.5mb in a pdf though? Sorry I am asking too many questions. But I need help in this.

Thanks
There are many online apps for compressing the pics. Add all pics in a word and then convert it to a pdf and then compress it. you will get many apps that do this job for you. Hope this helps.

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
sababx said:

Thanks
open paint, reduce size to 70%, maybe 50%, (edit option) save. Save all the images at low sizes, then add them to an MS Word or PDF file. attach that. You can use https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi for Delhi specific submissions.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
paul234 said:
open paint, reduce size to 70%, maybe 50%, (edit option) save. Save all the images at low sizes, then add them to an MS Word or PDF file. attach that. You can use https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi for Delhi specific submissions.

Thank you! attached 12 pics and it was only 1 MB! Perfect.

You guys helped me out a lot. Now hope is the one last thing I am counting on!

Cheers

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
I am working in canada on PGWP. My Job lies under NOC category "B". I am getting married in June and want to apply for Spouse Open Work Permit. I am not sure what documents and forms are needed for this.
Just going through this forum looks like people who are here have already processed their application and have better knowledge than any other consultant.

Please let me know which forms and documents are needed for SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT.

Thanks in Advance.

All the best on you application and congratulations to those who already got their visa.

sneharoy0588

Apr 14, 2017
Hi,
i have a Canadian work permit valid till 2019. can someone please guide on the process to file Open Work Permit for my husband.

Thanks
Sneha

manu.chan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Hi

Is there anybody who has applied for work permit or got it recently from NDVO.
I just want to know how much time they are taking nowadays

Regards
Manu