Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
cooldelhiite said:
Hi All,

I have gone through all the 279 pages of this forum and I have gained a lot of info. Thanks everyone.

I am planning to apply for sep-2017 Software Engineering to Concordia Univ. I completed B.Tech in Electronics in 2003. 13 years I am in IT.

Have sufficient funds in bank. My wife is a housewife, been a teacher for 2 years in last 7 years. I have two children aged 5 and 0.5 :)

The reason for studies: "masters in software engineering will add a lot to my resume and help me grow further in my career to a managers level".

Do you think they will approve my study visa (13 years gap in study)? and TRV for my wife n kids.

I have house here in india, my parents and my wife's parents too..

Any advice or any lawyer suggestions would be appreciated.

Well there is no reason why they should not be approving you the Visa in first place if you are applying to relevant course, as I have seen people with 15 years edu gap securing the VISA. Secondly you can always post your questions in this forum which have Study Visa specific threads, as you might end up getting a person who is in similar situation as yours. but nonetheless I think that you are very potential to get Student Visa approved, if you demonstrate financial stability. Hope this helps.

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone get refusal from this forum after the passport request has been made?

Sapant

Nov 5, 2016
Hello all

I am on PGWP and working full time in Canada. I recently got married in India and want to apply for Open work permit for my wife. My wife is in India. I have few questions if you can answer them.

1. Should my wife apply for Open work permit online or she has to apply via paper application?
2. In online application they are not asking for many documents. They just asked for marriage certificate and medical exam. They did not ask anything financial documents. Do I need to attach bank statement and stuff in letter of explanation section?
3. I saw people talking about marriage pictures.. Do we need to provide pictures too?

Thank you

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Sapant said:
Hello all

I am on PGWP and working full time in Canada. I recently got married in India and want to apply for Open work permit for my wife. My wife is in India. I have few questions if you can answer them.

1. Should my wife apply for Open work permit online or she has to apply via paper application?
2. In online application they are not asking for many documents. They just asked for marriage certificate and medical exam. They did not ask anything financial documents. Do I need to attach bank statement and stuff in letter of explanation section?
3. I saw people talking about marriage pictures.. Do we need to provide pictures too?

Thank you

Hi Everyone,
If any person seeking for help in application for Spouse Open Work Permit, then shoot me a mail. I can help you out in completing the application.
I applied online and got mine in only 22 days.

Regards

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Dear All,
I am writing this post understanding the lack of knowledge we all feel in this regards and the pain you have to take to grab all that knowledge.
I am writing all the details you will need for Spouse open work permit for international students. Wink I am a full time international student here in Canada. I came here in Sept 2016 intake. Just after landing in Canada in September 2016, i applied for open work permit for my spouse. I got married in 2015 and just after coming here i applied online with all these docs.
Applicant's docs (My spouse):
Passport
Highest education degree
Marriage Certificate
Marriage Picture (For assuring marriage was genuine)
Experience Letter from current employer (If working somewhere in India or your home country)
Medical Examination

My documents as sponsor:
Passport
Study Permit
College offer letter
College id card(To prove that i am successfully enrolled and studying full time)
Family info Form (Can download from CIC website)

I applied online with a fee of CAD 255 and created and uploaded all docs online.
No attestation required, no hassle at all.

These are the only docs i provided and with the grace of god, she got her visa in a month. Cheesy In the first week of this month she got her visa stamped.

All the people who are tying for same, feel free to shoot me a mail if any doubts are there. If you follow the correct procedure, this is really very easy and non hectic procedure to get your loved ones here with u.
All the best to all. Grin Grin

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Dear FKL,

I am a bit in confusion and I thought you would be the better point of contact to get more information.

My wife is going to apply her PG work permit in mid of November and she is going to join in full time(NOC B) job from December 2016

My questions are:

1) Is she can start the job when she is waiting for her PG work permit? I mean, during her implied status(still her student permit valid until feb 2017)?

2) I am on spouse work permit and doing a full time job, Can I apply for my extension of work permit and my kids student permits at the same time, in this case we don't have predetermined end date(as of we don't know until what period of time will be given for my wife's PG work permit, because all we are based on my wife's PG work permit extension date)

3) What should I write "duration of expected employment" in my work permit application?

4) Do you want me to write an explanatin letter to the officer?

5) Do you want me to apply by paper or online?

Thanks for your time and I will wait for your inputs.

Thanks,
Kalpan

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi Kalpan,

Plz see inline.

kalpan said:
Dear FKL,

I am a bit in confusion and I thought you would be the better point of contact to get more information.

My wife is going to apply her PG work permit in mid of November and she is going to join in full time(NOC B) job from December 2016

My questions are:

1) Is she can start the job when she is waiting for her PG work permit? I mean, during her implied status(still her student permit valid until feb 2017)?
No she cannot start a full time job, until she received a PGWP. Implied status is only for the continuity of same status E.g. if she already had a work permit for the same employer and would continue working for same while being on implied status. A change in status from student to PG Worker doesn't allow her to start working. But in practice CIC is pretty fast at issuing those. Also it doesn't mean she would get out of status if PGWP is not approved till SP is expired. But she cannot / should not start new job until PGWP is received.

2) I am on spouse work permit and doing a full time job, Can I apply for my extension of work permit and my kids student permits at the same time, in this case we don't have predetermined end date(as of we don't know until what period of time will be given for my wife's PG work permit, because all we are based on my wife's PG work permit extension date)
You all should apply together with your wife being the principal applicant. You can roughly quote the intended duration based upon expected length of her PGWP. I believe its usually 3 years if she completed a full time educational program.

3) What should I write "duration of expected employment" in my work permit application?
Same as the expected duration of your spouse's PGWP. See 2

4) Do you want me to write an explanatin letter to the officer?
I don't see a reason for explanation here

5) Do you want me to apply by paper or online?
Online - but ideally if you have concerns about not getting approved in time for your wife to start new job, she already has a job offer and you all have valid study / work / temp residence permits, then it might be a good idea to pre pay compliance fee for OWP for both of you, and go to nearest border. There are several threads on this forum with people suggesting they were able to successfully get SOWP at border even when the principal spouse who is getting PGWP, didn't have a skilled job offer. But you even have that which is still CIC's requirement, so it should be smooth and quick

Thanks for your time and I will wait for your inputs.

Thanks,
Kalpan

Sapant

Nov 5, 2016
asdfgh123 said:
Dear All,
I am writing this post understanding the lack of knowledge we all feel in this regards and the pain you have to take to grab all that knowledge.
I am writing all the details you will need for Spouse open work permit for international students. Wink I am a full time international student here in Canada. I came here in Sept 2016 intake. Just after landing in Canada in September 2016, i applied for open work permit for my spouse. I got married in 2015 and just after coming here i applied online with all these docs.
Applicant's docs (My spouse):
Passport
Highest education degree
Marriage Certificate
Marriage Picture (For assuring marriage was genuine)
Experience Letter from current employer (If working somewhere in India or your home country)
Medical Examination

My documents as sponsor:
Passport
Study Permit
College offer letter
College id card(To prove that i am successfully enrolled and studying full time)
Family info Form (Can download from CIC website)

I applied online with a fee of CAD 255 and created and uploaded all docs online.
No attestation required, no hassle at all.

These are the only docs i provided and with the grace of god, she got her visa in a month. Cheesy In the first week of this month she got her visa stamped.

All the people who are tying for same, feel free to shoot me a mail if any doubts are there. If you follow the correct procedure, this is really very easy and non hectic procedure to get your loved ones here with u.
All the best to all. Grin Grin
Hi.. I am applying for your my wife's swop. I have above average income and I work as a supervisor in a multinational company. Do I need to show more financials from my parents and her parents? Can I show though?

Sapant

Nov 5, 2016
SonikaRJ said:
Hello Every1

So here goes d gud news,, Finally after long waiting period Got approval for SOWP,, Ds forum & all d members who keep posting their experience r doing marvellous job,, Keep posting people,, God Bless u all,,

I would like to thank each n every member,, It ws a life changing experience altogether,,

Below is my timeline:

FIRST ATTEMPT
MODE OF APPLICATION: Online
DATE OF APPLICATION: Jan 4, 2016
MEDICAL UPDATE(upfront): Passed on March 10, 2016
After ds there were only blank updates,, From our side We did wtever we could,, Lot of CSE,, Minister Enquiry,, Endless mails to concerned departments,, We only got to know that file was for further review & there is no specific timeframe to finalise application,, Also, case was getting processed in Chandigarh Embassy,,

We kept on waiting till August end & kept on loosing hope with each passing day,, 8 months passed with nothing in our hand,, No further progress,, It ws den me & my husband decided to WITHDRAW the application which we did on 26 August 2016,,
However,, there was still a hope,, N as I was suggested by Navprateek,, a Member of this forum only to try n apply from Delhi,,

So,, we gathered all our shattered strength & hope & REAPPLIED FROM DELHI which was our SECOND ATTEMPT

Here is d timeline of SECOND ATTEMPT:
MODE OF APPLICATION: Paper Based
SUBMITTED IN: Delhi Vfs
DATE OF APPLICATION: September 6, 2016
MEDICAL UPDATE: Passed as on October 17, 2016
APPLICATION APPROVAL UPDATE: October 19, 2016
APPLICATION APPROVAL MAIL: October 20, 2016
RECEIVED PASSPORT WITH VISA STAMP: October 20, 2016
Process ws done in 44 Days

This was my journey so far,, hope this helps other members in ds forum,, Would specially mention abt Yadav, Navparteek, FKL whu have bn true support,,
I know ds waiting game is hell,, bt we shud keep trying,, Rest GOD is dere to take care of everything,,

Thanks

Hi Sonica.. can you tell me what documents did you put? I am applying for my wife's SWOP. I am in Canada PGWP and I have a job. I heard my friend's wife's SWOP got rejected before and he thinks it is because he did not show enough financials. He showed more financials and his wife the SWOP next time. Is it the real thing? Can we show parent's financials?

SonikaRJ

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hey Sapant

Following were d documents attached by me:

FORMS:
IMM1295
IMM5645
IMM5488

RELATIONSHIP PROOF
Marriage Certificate
Marriage Ceremony Pictures

MAIN APPLICANT’S
Passport original & photocopy
Birth Certificate
Educational documents
Emedical
Photographs
Experience Letter

SPOUSE’S DOCUMENTS
Tenancy agreement
Visa
Passport
Work permit
Notice of assessment
Employment letter
Pay stubs
Educational document
Bank statement
NOC
Job profile & Description

LETTER:
Invitation letter
Letter of explanation

P.S Funds r not required if your spouse's Job falls under NOC 0,A,B
I did not show any kind of fund from my side,,

I m not sure if you can show your parent's money,, I read somewhere on forum only that showing funds on your parents name will weaken your case,, Bt I would suggest u to confirm about it as I am not sure,,

Make sure all your documents r genuine n if applying on paper give only fotocopies,,
U r always welcome for any other query,,
All d best

omoboladan

Nov 10, 2016
I applied for a Spousal Open work permit in Nigeria and I changed my debit card 2 months ago as the old one's magnetic stripe no longer works. Now when I log on to the new card using Sign-in partner ,my application is gone, I tried relinking but the system says it can't find the application, I opened another account via GCkey but still having the same issue with linking the application. I have two(2) updates now but still unable to access my account. Call center told me to use the case-specific form for technical support which I sent to CIC Accra 10 days ago but I have gotten no reply, I'm really worried, please i need advice on what else to do.

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Guys plzzz help.... :(

Applied papper based application for sowp,
Applied - 4th oct 2016
Application linked,,,
Current status - OPEN
Medical - PASSED

And when i check my status on cic website by my application number it sayz "open" , and also

"Your application for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) has been received.
A review of your file is underway. Information on the status of your eTA will be
emailed to you within 72 hours".

I have no clue what this is,,
kindly Rivert,

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
hey all ,
i am going to apply tomorrow my study permit application i just want to ask i am also submitting my spouse open work permit application too .
like i have written a explanation letter why i choose college why i choose this degree etc so can any one know here this type of letter do my spouse also have to write to address embassy that he is applying with me ??????//
i already mention him in my letter as he will be in open work permit with no proper work arrangement.can anybody help me ?

sam_5281

Nov 11, 2015
SonikaRJ said:
Hey Sapant

Following were d documents attached by me:

FORMS:
IMM1295
IMM5645
IMM5488

RELATIONSHIP PROOF
Marriage Certificate
Marriage Ceremony Pictures

MAIN APPLICANT’S
Passport original & photocopy
Birth Certificate
Educational documents
Emedical
Photographs
Experience Letter

SPOUSE’S DOCUMENTS
Tenancy agreement
Visa
Passport
Work permit
Notice of assessment
Employment letter
Pay stubs
Educational document
Bank statement
NOC
Job profile & Description

LETTER:
Invitation letter
Letter of explanation

P.S Funds r not required if your spouse's Job falls under NOC 0,A,B
I did not show any kind of fund from my side,,

I m not sure if you can show your parent's money,, I read somewhere on forum only that showing funds on your parents name will weaken your case,, Bt I would suggest u to confirm about it as I am not sure,,

Make sure all your documents r genuine n if applying on paper give only fotocopies,,
U r always welcome for any other query,,
All d best

Hi sonika

Currently i am in Canada on PGWP. I got married 2 month ago back home. I am working in skill level( NOC 2). As my spouse is eligible to apply for SOWP, is that same documents required to meet eligibility. Can you forward me list of doc if other than that. Can i apply online from inside canada while my spouse is in India or my wife have to apply online or by paper to vfs. I am not sure can you help me out with that..Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks.