+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi FKL,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Could you please send me the link for CBSA borders in Canada. I have searched but there are lot of borders across canada and United states. I am bit confused.

Thanks,
Kalpan

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
Rahul14 said:
Lets say If I apply for SOWP by end of October .How much time will it take to get my visa?.I got all the paper work plus Funds handy ..plz can someone update me the status of their filling who applied in last few months?
if do online average time is 7-8 weeks. I applied for my spouse on August 23rd and Got Passport request on Oct 4th - Exactly 6 weeks. but it depends on application to application. We had made application from India and it was processed in Blore office.

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
The Alchemist said:
if do online average time is 7-8 weeks. I applied for my spouse on August 23rd and Got Passport request on Oct 4th - Exactly 6 weeks. but it depends on application to application. We had made application from India and it was processed in Blore office.
you had done paper application or online? I have also applied on 3rd october and my application is being processed at Bangalore Consulate.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kalpan said:
Hi FKL,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Could you please send me the link for CBSA borders in Canada. I have searched but there are lot of borders across canada and United states. I am bit confused.

Thanks,
Kalpan
You are welcome. Not sure of what exactly are you looking for.

This is the CBSA website where you can find list of all borders and go to a specific one for its info.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

You should go to the border nearest to you in your province. Just make sure it is an active border with 24 hour service (this info is available on the website above), go in working hours so you get a more experienced immigration officer who would understand and have processed this before. Going early morning is always a good idea.

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
mayuri.asrani said:
you had done paper application or online? I have also applied on 3rd october and my application is being processed at Bangalore Consulate.

Ours was an online application, and we got to know its processed in blore as we had stamping and everything done there.

anuragshah89

Star Member
May 24, 2014
I applied for GCM notes on 11th of September and its more than a month now i haven't received any response yet, how to track GCM notes ?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
fkl said:
You are welcome. Not sure of what exactly are you looking for.

This is the CBSA website where you can find list of all borders and go to a specific one for its info.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

You should go to the border nearest to you in your province. Just make sure it is an active border with 24 hour service (this info is available on the website above), go in working hours so you get a more experienced immigration officer who would understand and have processed this before. Going early morning is always a good idea.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Dear Client,

We are awaiting your medical results for further process of your application. You will be contacted if further information is required.
I trust you will find this information useful.

Immigration Section

Chandigarh, India

Does any one knows what it means? I got this from chandigarh vfs.and I already submitted my medical on 21 September and after that nothing.then I sent email to vfs and they replied me this .now I am what I need to do.

Rahul14

Oct 3, 2016
Hi FKL and other members,

Can someone plz suggest me regarding the paperwork what exactly we need to submit regarding SOWP?
I'm working as a IT consultant and I would be applying by paper application.. Coming to paperwork what all documents should I submit like job offer letter,payslips etc..Thanks

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shezzy said:
Hi All,

I am from Pakistan. Applied for SOWP on 4th August for my wife. Currently on a student visa here.

Recently, processing times for Pakistan reduced to 8 weeks (which was indeed difficult for me to believe :D ). Now my question is should I go for a CSE or not?

All I received was a blank update around 2 weeks ago nothing else. Please guide me for which I would be grateful.

Thanx in advance
TR and WP Applications from Pakistan are being processed in Abu Dhabi. Try sending them a CSE. They usually get back to you in two weeks time and tell you the exact status of your application.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
veritas said:
TR and WP Applications from Pakistan are being processed in Abu Dhabi. Try sending them a CSE. They usually get back to you in two weeks time and tell you the exact status of your application.
What's the source of this info? What happened to CIC Islamabad?

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
hello group ,
need an advise ,i was filling up sowp application in which it stated that what type of work i select open work permit but then they asked about employer i said n/a BUT there is another section says "details of intended work in canada , and asking the intended location of employment in canada also with the job title etc ...what should i select in this ???? helppp needed because it is open work permit still i need to fill which province wants to go etc ??? or should remain unselected????

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
drnadiaj said:
hello group ,
need an advise ,i was filling up sowp application in which it stated that what type of work i select open work permit but then they asked about employer i said n/a BUT there is another section says "details of intended work in canada , and asking the intended location of employment in canada also with the job title etc ...what should i select in this ???? helppp needed because it is open work permit still i need to fill which province wants to go etc ??? or should remain unselected????
Just clearly write - N/A - Spouse dependent OWP in both the fields. This is the standard procedure

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
What's the source of this info? What happened to CIC Islamabad?
The source is this email from CHC Islamabad which I receive everytime I email them about my WP application:

Dear Client:

In reply to your mail (see below) please be informed that processing of Temporary Resident applications have been shifted to Abu Dhabi. However applications will be continued to be submitted on-line or at Visa Application Centres in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.

You may contact to Abu Dhabi office via email on this address: ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Regards,
Immigration Section
Email: islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca