+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Hi FKL and others,

My husband sowp is rejected again.We have applied on june 16 and we got response on aug 29 saying that "you have not satisfied me that you will leave the country at the end of the authorized stay" and "personal assets and financial status".This seems to so stupid reason.I have got recently married and going through lot of stress with this process.
Please guys can you guide which is better
Can we apply for reconsideration or should I do new application for him.I have done through lawyer in canada,if I do reconsideration should I do with lawyer only or Can I do it?
I have got my PNP file number now ,can I include that if I apply
should I go paper application now or online.
Should I include more funds and assets .

Please guide me .

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
lakshmikoppala said:
Hi FKL and others,

My husband sowp is rejected again.We have applied on june 16 and we got response on aug 29 saying that "you have not satisfied me that you will leave the country at the end of the authorized stay" and "personal assets and financial status".This seems to so stupid reason.I have got recently married and going through lot of stress with this process.
Please guys can you guide which is better
Can we apply for reconsideration or should I do new application for him.I have done through lawyer in canada,if I do reconsideration should I do with lawyer only or Can I do it?
I have got my PNP file number now ,can I include that if I apply
should I go paper application now or online.
Should I include more funds and assets .

Please guide me .
Hi,
Where do you stay in Canada? Are you on student visa or work? How many times have you applied for SOWP. I am on the same situation and this is very disturbing.

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
nurzohra said:
Hi,
Where do you stay in Canada? Are you on student visa or work? How many times have you applied for SOWP. I am on the same situation and this is very disturbing.
I am in toronto.I am on work visa.I have applied twice now.First time applied in March and got rejected in may 29th.so I am thinking too go with reconsideration.What are your plans?

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
I am a student in BC. My husband applied for TRV on June and got refused in 2 working days. He reapplied for SOWP and got a reply yesterday stating that:-

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of
IRPA which states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions
put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence
and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that some of the photograph that you have submitted have been
digitally modified.

It was a paper based application and we gave some pictures from our wedding ceremony and Europe tour.

Did you apply from within Canada? Was the reason of refusal same for both your applications?

RVarghese

Dec 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2013
Doc's Request.
05-09-2015
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
24-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi
I applied on june 16 via online from Canada .received refusal letter today stating " unable to provide satisfactory evidence for relation ship.
my wife has only 6 more months in her PG work permit .is there any chance to reapply. pls help
thanks

RVarghese

Dec 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2013
Doc's Request.
05-09-2015
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
24-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hi
urgent help needed for applying visitor visa after a work permit refusal (reason unable to provide sufficient proof of relationship).since my wife has only 6 months in her PGWP, I cannot reapply for sowp.is is it okay if I apply for a visiting visa. what documents I need to show them that we are a true couple and more proof of our relationship other than marriage certificate.
thanks

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
RVarghese said:
hi
urgent help needed for applying visitor visa after a work permit refusal (reason unable to provide sufficient proof of relationship).since my wife has only 6 months in her PGWP, I cannot reapply for sowp.is is it okay if I apply for a visiting visa. what documents I need to show them that we are a true couple and more proof of our relationship other than marriage certificate.
thanks
Submit your wedding photographs and other photographs of your trips together. You can also submit wedding card, phone/whatsapp messages.. We had travelled a few places together so we attached the tickets as well.

can_can

Sep 17, 2015
can_can said:
Hi There,

I am a PGWP (Open permit) holder from past 1 year
I currently work in a Bank as skill level "A". I have 6 months contract as (37.5 hours per week) and pay is good. They keep rolling my contract every 6 months from last 1 year, again they will roll it when it expires for next 6 months.

Does that can provide me the eligibility to apply for spouse visa? Huh :

PS: I have funds in account and other required documents, spouse is currently working in my home country.

Please help with your experience, I really feel lonely without spouse here it has been 3 years !!! ???

Best Regards,
can_can
Hi Friends, can somebody answer this please? Just wanted to double check

Rajg@123

Aug 6, 2016
Hello All, I have applied for work permit on 21st July online application with upfront medical. My application status says open and final decision says not started, it has changed today as before it was in progress. Can someone plz help me out in knowing that what does it mean? Should I expect any news soon? Thanks

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
fkl said:
Assuming...................
Hi Fkl,

Hope my this message finds you well.

I need your expert advice on this topic. I received two emails from CPC CTD OTTAWA today in which they asked me for a) Medical exam and b) " Relationship assessment questionaire for myself and spouse" as I have added her to my PR application.

And second email is for RPRF fee payment.

My ques is - As these email came from CPC CTD Ottawa, does it mean my file is been processed at Ottawa visa office?

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Hammer said:
Hi Fkl,

Hope my this message finds you well.

I need your expert advice on this topic. I received two emails from CPC CTD OTTAWA today in which they asked me for a) Medical exam and b) " Relationship assessment questionaire for myself and spouse" as I have added her to my PR application.

And second email is for RPRF fee payment.

My ques is - As these email came from CPC CTD Ottawa, does it mean my file is been processed at Ottawa visa office?
I've also received mine and my wife's medical today for PR application.

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Unsung said:
Nope, nothing like that, I applied on February 18th and you?
Applied Jan, 2016

AOR March, 2016

Updated spouse documents May, 2016

Medical request toda0y

AINP , PNP Nova Scotia

Can you share your info like above, please.