+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

Normally cic shld ask if there is a missing document but will just do as the lawyer is suggesting and provide her my update account with 5000 or more on monday. Rest lets leave it all to god and wait for his blessings to work.

zshamim

Feb 7, 2016
Hi All,
Appreciate members of this forum in helping novice people :)
My work permit under ICT is being processed through my organisation .
However my employer is not going to process Open work permit for my spouse.
Could you please suggest how can i get her OWP processed once i receive my WP ?

Regards

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Jasmohra said:
Hello everyone,

If I have my PR process going on, will it affect my spouse's SOWP application negatively?

Thanks
I`m in the situation as yours. My MP is going to investigate that for me. Will keep you posted. How much work permit are you left withÉ

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
Unsung said:
I`m in the situation as yours. My MP is going to investigate that for me. Will keep you posted. How much work permit are you left withÉ
Thanks for your input. Shall wait to hear from you. I still have 2.5 yrs on my work permit.

Rajg@123

Aug 6, 2016
Hi guys I have applied for work permit on 21st July online application. Can anyone tell me that how long does it take nowadays to process. I have seen so many reviews that at times it takes 1 month or 2 months and even 3-4 months as well. Instant reply would be really appreciated. Thanks

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
Wher are u from? And which is your nearest visa processing center?

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Rajg@123 said:
Thanks Victor for reply. Nearest location: New Delhi. Applied online by consultant in Canada.
Hi, the processing time can be found on the CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

However, that's meant to be an indicative timeline. I don't think anyone will be able to tell how long it may take. Some people have received outcomes within a week and others have been waiting for 3-4 months.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
zshamim said:
Hi All,
Appreciate members of this forum in helping novice people :)
My work permit under ICT is being processed through my organisation .
However my employer is not going to process Open work permit for my spouse.
Could you please suggest how can i get her OWP processed once i receive my WP ?

Regards
Hi, please review this to determine the process of applying for Spouse OWP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit.asp

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

whats prefferred a bank statement or balance certificate on banks letter head stating ur final balance? Cos i asked my dad my brother n a frd who borrowed from me to give me some money and in the last 3 days i have incoming transfer of 1.5 lakhs in my savings account. Just want to ask if that will b a problem for cic ?

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

whats prefferred a bank statement or balance certificate on banks letter head stating ur final balance? Cos i asked my dad my brother n a frd who borrowed from me to give me some money and in the last 3 days i have incoming transfer of 1.5 lakhs in my savings account. Just want to ask if that will b a problem for cic ?
My Immigration Lawyer had asked me to provide Bank Statements for previous 6 months, which I did.

From reading this forum, it appears that if you have received large deposits recently, you will need to include a statement explaining those. To be on safe side, I would include letters from the people who returned the money stating that they have returned the money at your request.

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....