+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

SonikaRJ

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Ohkk on Dt basis,, it's a clueless kind f situation
CIC please show some MERCY on us,,
All d other Vfs r processing application,, Bt here in CHD, CIC seems to b keeping MUM,, particularly for SOWP

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
I don't understand what is wrong with chandigarh vfs.any issues or bumper files submitted there. Because I have read forms of 2013 , 2014 and 2015 .chandigarh did not take more than 4 months

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Maaftgbkum said:
I don't understand what is wrong with chandigarh vfs.any issues or bumper files submitted there. Because I have read forms of 2013 , 2014 and 2015 .chandigarh did not take more than 4 months
Has anyone of you also applied for Spousal PR application?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

if my lawyer will present the same old documents to show cic that the points they r trying to refuse for had been taken care of before itself? will that do? cos current situation is not as great as b4 so we cant really offer more liquid cash showin in my or wifes account. since her sponsor is not well snd she already has part time she dnt want to ask her sponsor. and as i mentioned i cant show a lot. but lawyer says to show minimum 5000 cad which if they only consider old statement it automatically totals to that much easily.
wat u suggest we resubmit old ones or something new ? lawyer is more focused n financial now.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
ashpur88 said:
Hi yadav,

I would suggest you ask your lawyers to send you the entire letter that CIC uploads in your account upon rejection. The letter lists down several reasons. CIC tends to always list down generic reasons along with the main reason. "proof of funds" and "travel history" are the two most commonly used generic reasons. I say this because my wife's tourist visa was rejected and proof of funds was listed as one of the reasons despite me showing more than 50K CAD in my bank account. Upon reading the entire letter, I realized that the true reason for rejection was that they were not convinced my wife would stay here only temporarily (which makes sense). Also, I read on this forum that you can order GCMS notes which will explain more in detail as to why the Visa Officer rejected your application.

I read your earlier post and I gather that enrollment in study was also one of the reasons mentioned. When did your wife join her course? Did you guys attach her latest transcripts to show that she has indeed started the course? Or if she has just started, maybe a letter from the University to state she has joined. Sometimes, just a LOA might be ambiguous because it is still not proof that she has indeed joined the course. If you decide to re-apply, ensure that you attach additional proof to show that she has indeed started the course and on track to complete it.

Also, along with financials, attach your educational certificates and experience letters to convince CIC that you can start working as soon as you land here and can support your wife and child. Attach a cover letter with your application and mention all these factors. A cover letter is always helpful to explain your situation in a clear manner.

Hope this helps. I am sure fkl will have some more insights to add.
+1

Real good advice Ashpur88.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally we got the passport today.
Landing would be next week.
After 2 TRVs rejection we lost the hope of getting succeed this time.
But patience and prayers is the key.

All the best to all of you who are waiting.

Don't give up!! Keep trying!!

Good Luck.......

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
baiju.jason said:
Hi,

I would request your help and guidance for applying a Spouse visa (Open work Permit) My wife is on PGWP valid for 3 years till August 2019. Im presently In India with my 7 years old kid , we want to apply for a visa for me an open work permit and for kid Visit visa (or any other visa option).

kindly advise should i apply for a visiting visa for myself from here in India and later getting it converted to open work permit in Canada.and what is the success rate of getting a an open work permit - spouse. As i have applied once for open work permit for me and visit visa fo rkid and it got rejected 3 month back as my wife was still in college that time.

awaiting for your guidance and help.

Baiju :)
Hi Baiju,

I encourage you to go through this forum to find out other people's experience and also, guidance from experts like fkl. It appears that several TRV applications have been unsuccessful in the past. But again, it depends on your circumstances. For example, if the spouse has never worked, then SOWP doesn't make sense and they have a better case for applying for TRV.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

if my lawyer will present the same old documents to show cic that the points they r trying to refuse for had been taken care of before itself? will that do? cos current situation is not as great as b4 so we cant really offer more liquid cash showin in my or wifes account. since her sponsor is not well snd she already has part time she dnt want to ask her sponsor. and as i mentioned i cant show a lot. but lawyer says to show minimum 5000 cad which if they only consider old statement it automatically totals to that much easily.
wat u suggest we resubmit old ones or something new ? lawyer is more focused n financial now.
Hi Yadav,

Your lawyer's advice appears counter-intuitive to me. You have already submitted your financial documents to CIC. Now, how is re-submitting the same (4 months old) documents going to help?

To recap what I have seen on here from other successful applicants and also, the advice from Ashpur88 and Gur70690, you need to do the following:

1. Request the full refusal letter from your lawyer
2. Apply for GCMS notes

Once you have a clear understanding of the reason for refusal, you probably (assuming the reason for refusal are the same i.e. Financial) need to:

3. Send letter to the Immigration Officer requesting reconsideration and include the following:
(a) Additional proof to show that your wife has indeed started the course and on track to complete it
(b) Your Educational Certificates
(c) Your Employment letters
(d) Your Experience letters
(e) Your Pay Stubs
(f) Your Tax Returns
(g) Your Parents' Property Assessment
(h) Affidavit from parents about parental property and financial support during your stay

To quote Ashpur88:

"Also, along with financials, attach your educational certificates and experience letters to convince CIC that you can start working as soon as you land here and can support your wife and child. Attach a cover letter with your application and mention all these factors. A cover letter is always helpful to explain your situation in a clear manner."

You need to put yourself in the shoes of the immigration officer and determine what kind of information will satisfy them that:

1. You will not become liability on Canada
- Your education, work experience, current income level is a good indicator
2. You will leave Canada and not overstay
- Your ties to the home country
(a) family (parents, siblings, grandparents, uncles and aunts and cousins)
(b) property (agricultural land, residential property etc)
(c) letter from your employer stating that you will have a job upon return from Canada

Your letter should cover all of the above and also talk about the fact that you miss your wife and would like to be with her at the earliest and hence, you are requesting reconsideration.

I have made several edits to this post to copy/paste info from various sources. I'm now done with the edits :)

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
rkapoor said:
Finally we got the passport today.
Landing would be next week.
After 2 TRVs rejection we lost the hope of getting succeed this time.
But patience and prayers is the key.

All the best to all of you who are waiting.

Don't give up!! Keep trying!!

Good Luck.......
Congratulations rkapoor. My timeline of application is similar to yours and I haven't received an outcome yet. You had stopped posting for a while and I thought that you had already received the SOWP. Anyway, it's good to see that you've finally received your approval. Wishing you good luck for the next phase of your life's journey.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
ashpur88 and OWP2015Dec

I have the full letter it says:

X You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of ur authorized stay. reason for this:
X Personal assets and financial status.

Other reasons is another point mentioned on the other page:
X Evidence of spouses enrollment in an educational institution
Proof of funds

thanks dear, all her documents from college including LOA, study visa, work permit for co-op were attached already with my application. so its seems a clear cut case of error. I have also been writing to MP and they are very concerned they have decided to call cic to get more specific reasoning for the refusal and report them about this error they made. I'm glad Mp's office is really supportive.

I have already asked my wife to get some documents from her college
1. Tuition fee receipt with no pending dues
2. Her 1st semester transcript
3. Letter of good standing
4. Dean's letter given to my wife for performing very well ( she scored 90%)

Also my wife has a part time job in a nursing home i have asked her to take appointment letter from them while she got to join late she got a pay stub for last month for working 26 hours. I hope having a job gives cic some security that she can manage her expenses.

While i will get the property valuation done today which includes 3 properties on my parents name and 1 on my grandfathers name.
Though wen i visited UK as a student my parents and grandfather savings account along with all the fixed deposits belonging to the family were shown along with their letter of support. Do you recommend adding the same details this new affidavit? I got the CA to attest the valuation of immovable and movable assets during my wifes visa application. can i do the same? Will it be helpful if funds r visible in my family's account as i dnt have more than 2000 cad as off now in my account while my grandfather holds fixed deposits and my dad has insurance policies as well for investments. will all this help in securing their concern of assets and financial status?

I have also asked my employer to give me pay slips for last 6 months along with a letter stating that either i continue working for them even if im in canada or they are aware i plan to go and they r happy to have me back wenever i come India? I do not have track of all my documents of education but i did let my wife take my MBA degree and my transcripts from UK university. Can putting that alone be of help?

I have a template for the cover letter, i have also requested the lawyer to email delhi cic direct for reconsideration? she said she will try but overall she wants me to show 5000CAD which as i mentioned i dont have at this point of time but im trying to arrange n make it atleast 4000 CAD.

But if ever lawyer produces the old banking documents, do u think they will consider that only? if yes then we had provided enough already to qualify for an approval.

Plz comment fkl and other knowledgeable members on this.

thanks

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
My opinion

yadav said:
thanks dear, all her documents from college including LOA, study visa, work permit for co-op were attached already with my application. so its seems a clear cut case of error. I have also been writing to MP and they are very concerned they have decided to call cic to get more specific reasoning for the refusal and report them about this error they made. I'm glad Mp's office is really supportive.
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it is a clear cut case of error. The officer may not be satisfied with the information already provided and the refusal reason clearly states that. What's sufficient in your eyes may not be so in their opinion. Ultimately, it's their opinion that counts.

In my opinion, once you provide other information such as employment, parent property, affidavit of support etc (discussed in my previous post), the officer may see strong merit. I wouldn't ask the MP to intervene on my behalf so frequently as it may be counterproductive. Your call ultimately.

I also take it that you're not keen on applying for GCMS notes?

yadav said:
I have already asked my wife to get some documents from her college
1. Tuition fee receipt with no pending dues
2. Her 1st semester transcript
3. Letter of good standing
4. Dean's letter given to my wife for performing very well ( she scored 90%)
Terrific! This ought to be sufficient evidence of spouse enrolment in an educational institute.

yadav said:
Also my wife has a part time job in a nursing home i have asked her to take appointment letter from them while she got to join late she got a pay stub for last month for working 26 hours. I hope having a job gives cic some security that she can manage her expenses.
No comment. I don't think the question is about her ability to manage her expenses. It's about you being able to pay for your expenses.

yadav said:
While i will get the property valuation done today which includes 3 properties on my parents name and 1 on my grandfathers name.
Though wen i visited UK as a student my parents and grandfather savings account along with all the fixed deposits belonging to the family were shown along with their letter of support. Do you recommend adding the same details this new affidavit? I got the CA to attest the valuation of immovable and movable assets during my wifes visa application. can i do the same? Will it be helpful if funds r visible in my family's account as i dnt have more than 2000 cad as off now in my account while my grandfather holds fixed deposits and my dad has insurance policies as well for investments. will all this help in securing their concern of assets and financial status?
Yes - together with affidavit of support

yadav said:
I have also asked my employer to give me pay slips for last 6 months along with a letter stating that either i continue working for them even if im in canada or they are aware i plan to go and they r happy to have me back wenever i come India? I do not have track of all my documents of education but i did let my wife take my MBA degree and my transcripts from UK university. Can putting that alone be of help?
Yes, these will definitely be of help. You also need to keep in mind that the officer who processed your wife's study permit may not be the same processing your SOWP. Providing all this information will definitely strengthen your case.

yadav said:
I have a template for the cover letter, i have also requested the lawyer to email delhi cic direct for reconsideration? she said she will try but overall she wants me to show 5000CAD which as i mentioned i dont have at this point of time but im trying to arrange n make it atleast 4000 CAD.

But if ever lawyer produces the old banking documents, do u think they will consider that only? if yes then we had provided enough already to qualify for an approval.
Again, I'm not sure what value will be had by providing the same information over again. Unless you hear otherwise, it might be safe to assume that the officer has also reviewed those and thinks that is insufficient. When you produce the property valuation, your family's account funds and affidavit of support, that is additional information that the officer hasn't seen previously and together with the previously submitted records, may help them make the decision.

Important: You need to convince the officer that you will not overstay in Canada. In your cover letter you need to strongly emphasize that you have previously been to UK for studies for a period of _ years and that you promptly departed from UK upon completion of your course and did not overstay even by a day. Thus, you are a law abiding person with an MBA degree who has a job that will still be available upon your return from Canada. In my opinion, this makes for a very strong case in your favor.