Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
vishal04 said:
Hello all,

How i can show strong home ties for my spouse .

We dont have any property in home country so can you please suggest something else.

Is it ok if show 6000-8000$ in her account before visa filling or i need to increase this amt.
Most people don't have any properties. The only two other options are

a) The principal applicant's profile is strong enough - i.e. good education and job with more than sufficient income by CIC standards in Canada - in which case CIC might not even look at the dependent spouse's background.

b) The dependent spouse has decent education and work history in home country and you provide detailed evidence of this including job letters, pay stubs etc.

Some body with a good job in home country won't stay illegally in Canada provided they have funds to settle down in Canada.

B is in addition to showing funds. Only A is a case where it alone is sufficient.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rawhh said:
I am on post study work permit here in Canada expiring in April 2018, And working as technician in Bell Canada since 10 months from now which is NOC B category job but it is regular part time job, being said that I get hours 30-40 a week but title is Regular Part Time, My question is that will it cause any issue to call my wife here from India on SOWP.

Also I just got married 30 days back

Please suggest

Thanks,
Under "Dependent family members"
It says:
Your spouse or common-law partner is ◦a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B,..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17

It doesn't say the job has to be full time. So I guess you are good. What you can do is provide a letter from Bell clearly showing your duties so CIC is unmistaken ably clear of your NOC being B. Also provide proof of the entire time frame and SHOW that you are actually working 30-40 hours.

CIC's main concerns would be

A) It is actually NOC B and they need proof. Title alone isn't enough
B) The job is expected to last at least for a good length of time (Past 10 months proof plus may be a statement from employer for foreseeable continuity of job would help)
C) Do you actually work enough hours and make enough money to support your spouse in addition to yourself (Show pay stubs / time logs and corresponding bank deposits may be)
D) Permit is valid for at least a year at the time of submission
E) The relationship is legitimate (provide additional proof for recent marriage than just marriage certificate).

Good luck

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
fkl said:
There seems a lot of extra / unimportant info here but as long as you have provided

a) Detailed proof of your job being skilled (NOC B) duties detail letter from employer and have a matching compensation with proof you are good.
b) If your provincial nomination is approved and you attached the letter, then the skilled NOC restriction does not apply any more.

Any thing else is just supplementary.

So it looks good. All the best.
Phew...!! Thanks FKL that `gives me relief now :) ... I also read some posts on ths forum at back ...who so ever have attached PNP Letter of confirmation have received SOWP for their spouse....even some of them are like 3 rejection 4th time with PNP letter got approved !

Thanks for all your guidance and support. Will keep posted on the thread :)

Warm Regards,
Sid

Tairy

Nov 8, 2015
Wife's SOWP Approved today.

Application date: 22nd Feb 2016
Medical: Upfront
Applied from: Islamabad, Pakistan
Application type: Paper application
Visa Approved: 10th May 2016
Total days taken for decision: 78 days

Thank you everyone for the support :)

Arij

Mar 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tairy said:
Wife's SOWP Approved today.

Application date: 22nd Feb 2016
Medical: Upfront
Applied from: Islamabad, Pakistan
Application type: Paper application
Visa Approved: 10th May 2016
Total days taken for decision: 78 days

Thank you everyone for the support :)
Congratzzz, we are still waiting. My friends applied in January but they didn't get any response yet. may be coz of online application

samankurda

May 12, 2016
Hello every one. I am an international student here in canada. I am planning to bring my wife here in the near future. Recently I have applied for my own study permit to be extended. In the application. I made a very small mistake and misspelled my wife's name. I have not received my study permit extension yet. What should I do? Please notice that we have not yet submitted my wife's spousal open work permit application.

Thanks.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
samankurda said:
Hello every one. I am an international student here in canada. I am planning to bring my wife here in the near future. Recently I have applied for my own study permit to be extended. In the application. I made a very small mistake and misspelled my wife's name. I have not received my study permit extension yet. What should I do? Please notice that we have not yet submitted my wife's spousal open work permit application.

Thanks.
Send a case specific inquiry with correction.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
samankurda said:
Is it alright if I call them?

Best,
Saman.
You can only call if you are in Canada. Even then, Call center agents do not update information like this to the best of my knowledge. They would need you to provide paper proof (that you requested info update).

Why are you keen on calling though? You should be able to refer to a paper trail that you submitted.

samankurda

May 12, 2016
fkl said:
You can only call if you are in Canada. Even then, Call center agents do not update information like this to the best of my knowledge. They would need you to provide paper proof (that you requested info update).

Why are you keen on calling though? You should be able to refer to a paper trail that you submitted.
I am in Canada. I went through and submitted a request for amendment and sent the form with the right information on it. I thought calling would be more interactive and safer and less prone to mistake. But than you for your valuable guidance.

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
09/01/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello fkl,

My application is linked with mycic account by using linking application
Now the question is, i applied on 3 march but they shows ur apllication submiited today that is 13 may
So how much they take time 2 months or they review quickly becoz I already completed 2 months

Tairy

Nov 8, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am asking for a friend here and would appreciate if someone can answer me.

When uploading documents online lets say for a Spouse Open Work Permit, are the documents required to be attested?

Appreciate your help! :D

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Hi there,
This site and all the valuable advice given is great! Thank you to all of you who are making this process easier for us all.

I have a question further to all the advice being given. I am a TFW with NOC B and my husband is currently in the process of applying for his OWP. He is Pakistani and does not have any post secondary education. His professional work experience is very limited but he has been working as a private tutor for almost 10 years. As you know in developing countries, many people get paid in cash and a lot of people do not use bank accounts. He has a bank account and can show proof of sufficient funds but there is no record of a salary being deposited into his account over the last few years.

Can anyone please provide advice on:
1. What to put in the work experience section when there is no proof of his work (no deposit in bank of salary for private tutoring). Would it be okay to put private tutor in the work experience section without providing any proof? and
2. Will it be sufficient to supply a bank certificate showing the available funds in his account without providing 6 months bank statement.

Thank you all for your time and advice :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
samankurda said:
I am in Canada. I went through and submitted a request for amendment and sent the form with the right information on it. I thought calling would be more interactive and safer and less prone to mistake. But than you for your valuable guidance.
If it's been more than 7 days since you submitted the inquiry, chances are - they already updated it in your file. You can call and ask for it and get a confirmation.

Try early morning hours and be patient with waiting. You are welcome and all the best.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
guru1313 said:
Hello fkl,

My application is linked with mycic account by using linking application
Now the question is, i applied on 3 march but they shows ur apllication submiited today that is 13 may
So how much they take time 2 months or they review quickly becoz I already completed 2 months
I am sorry I have no idea about this application linking procedure - never seen or used this. But they should have a way of identifying its original submitted date.