Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
hiransiddharth said:
Hello Everyone,

We got refusal yesterday check Marked POST are:

Personal assets and funds

other reason : which says Job duties nor responsibilities provided ; insufficient info provided with application; Spouse doesn't meet NOC O , A OR B.

What should be our next step ! Please guide ....I am thinking to re-apply on Monday the 2nd may..What should i attach to make the case stronger ?

Do i nee to take GCMS or should i just attach my refusal letter and cover letter with it to defend our case on 1st rejection ?

All suggestions are aprrciated...

@fkl @greenhak and all the senior member out here please guide us.

Regards,
Sid
I think your above points make it pretty clear. They are not satisfied that you have a skilled position.

And of course I don't know the details of your case. Had to look at your older posts to see your NOC (which I shouldn't be doing and rather you should be providing while asking questions).

Your experience letter should indicate your job duties clearly in detail. Not just the title. Similar to how they are described in NOC description below. But don't ditto copy it. Also you should meet the requirements of the NOC e.g. if it states you should have a university degree, you should have one attached (though it doesn't need degree equivalence). Lastly, your pay for that job should be equivalent to at least median of your NOC for your province. This median can easily be looked up on official relevant Canadian websites.

If you meet all of the above, Proof of funds isn't relevant or required.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2211

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
t_Patel said:
Hello Everyone,
I would like to know anyone who have tried the visitor visa for their spouse after getting rejection of SOWP. As i visited couple of Immigration Consultant in TORONTO, CANADA. They told me to apply for the visitor visa and after that apply for the work permit once the spouse is here. I would like to know is there anyone in the forum who have done it before or have a knowledge about the Pros. and cons of doing it.

As i already got rejection for SOWP and now applying the visitor looks little awkward but as the immigration consultant might have more knowledge and have deal with these type cases so they are suggesting to do so. But it would be great if any of you have the knowledge regarding it. Please share your thoughts.

Thank You.
That is bad advice assuming when you say visitor, you mean a short visit of 6 months or less.

A spouse of a worker / student intends to come and live with them for as long as they are here. Their intent is not a short visit.

Doing so after a work permit refusal is simply going to get another refusal.

Besides, a Visitor status doesn't get you medicals and restricts stay to a 6 month period.

If the above meant a resident TRV (apply for TRV stating stay of 6 months or longer), it has the exact same requirements as that of a SOWP and processing time. So if you don't meet the requirements it would be refused either way. If you do meet them, well what's the point in getting TRV first and then AGAIN getting SOWP when the intention is SOWP.

My advice - find why you were refused SOWP. Are you actually eligible? If so - add thorough proof of it and reapply addressing each point of refusal citing evidence.

If you do not meet requirements of SOWP, its best to find a way to become eligible e.g. if you have a NOC C job, get a provincial nomination for PR. Once you have a nomination, you do not require a skilled job to be eligible for SOWP.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
fkl said:
There is no inland office option if that means in person application. Either you apply online or you send application to visa office by mail.

The link quoted above certainly only means applying from inside Canada i.e. applying to CIC while the child is present in Canada. I don't see it saying any where some thing resembling in person application.

It only means that when application is "inland" CIC has to consider a few things differently than when it is outland such as whether child has health coverage, is studying previously / has valid status etc.
Hi FLK,

As my son only 9 years old, so his mother can use her CIC account to do SP online or we have only option to do SP paper? because when she submit application online they said that you must logged into your own MyCIC account to submit an application. You can not use another person's MyCIC account. Only person above 16 years old can create MyCIC account.

Thank you for your advise

Thang

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Sonata95 said:
Hi FLK,

As my son only 9 years old, so his mother can use her CIC account to do SP online or we have only option to do SP paper? because when she submit application online they said that you must logged into your own MyCIC account to submit an application. You can not use another person's MyCIC account. Only person above 16 years old can create MyCIC account.

Thank you for your advise

Thang
His mother can certainly use her my CIC account and include him in her application (answering yes when it asks do you have any dependents). But if she already has a SP and is not applying for herself, I am not quite sure a dependent application can be put from her account that way.

Regarding the age issue, any one can be nominated as a representative of some one. They can create my cic account and apply on their behalf. E.g. a lawyer can apply online on behalf of his clients. All he needs is a filled signed consent form.

So his mother can try submitting an application alone for him. Else she can file it as his nominated representative and create a separate my cic profile for him if necessary.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi FKL,
It was my mistake while filling their online questionnaire. I have chosen wrong option. Now its only asking Inivitation and purpose of visit docs.

Thanks,
Kalpan

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
fkl said:
I think your above points make it pretty clear. They are not satisfied that you have a skilled position.

And of course I don't know the details of your case. Had to look at your older posts to see your NOC (which I shouldn't be doing and rather you should be providing while asking questions).

Your experience letter should indicate your job duties clearly in detail. Not just the title. Similar to how they are described in NOC description below. But don't ditto copy it. Also you should meet the requirements of the NOC e.g. if it states you should have a university degree, you should have one attached (though it doesn't need degree equivalence). Lastly, your pay for that job should be equivalent to at least median of your NOC for your province. This median can easily be looked up on official relevant Canadian websites.

If you meet all of the above, Proof of funds isn't relevant or required.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2211
Thanks for the reply Fkl ..... Yes I dint attach any job duties nor responsibilities .... my NOC code is 2211 which quality control technician... I also got my BCPNP approved should I attach that letter this time with my spouse application ? I will get all the letters again from HR today anything else you would suggest me to do ... m planning to apply tomorrow is that fine ? I got rejection on 29th April and we applied on 4th March.

Regards,
Sid

t_Patel

Apr 3, 2016
Hello FKL and all,
Thanks for your reply.
I applied for the GCMS notes and get few days ago, on the last page the reason mentioned as below:

PA is applying under C-41 given that spouse holds a PGWP and valid till Sep-2018. Marriage certificate provided. PA is a housewife with no any employment history. PA will therefore be at lease initially dependent upon her spouse. Whose financial circumstances do not demonstrate an ability to support an additional person. Spouse is employed as a Electronics Engineering Design Technologist NOC 2241 earning 16$ per hour and shows the modest funds, the current status of which is questionable given financials reflect circumstances in Dec 2015. PA provides an ICIC bank balance that is not supported by banking transaction to provide provenance of funds and nonetheless would be impacted by international travel. Not satisfied the requirements for issuance are met. Refused. PA-Please initiate refund. Thank You.

I would like to inform i have shown 18,000CAD and 3,00,000 INR with 33,000CAD annual salary. As i sent money for showing balance in India through hawala it is only few transaction in 1 month to deposit money in the bank account and because of that not shown the balance with the transaction history. Just putted the balance summary.

So what i should take care while reapplying. Please advice.

Thank You.

Tairy

Nov 8, 2015
Hello FKL and other members,

I need some insight into my wife's SOWP application status.

Recently checked on my wife's work permit application made from Islamabad, Pakistan and it says the following.
=============================================================================

Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, ABU DHABI on 22/02/2016. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

=============================================================================

It initially said Islamabad instead of Abu Dhabi. Does this mean that my wife's SOWP application is being processed in Abu Dhabi?

Any insight would be really helpful.

Application Date: 19-Feb-2016
Medical: Upfront
Applied from: Islamabad
Application Type: Paper Application

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi everyone I am new here in this forum actually I am In canada my job is Noc A and applied for my husband on March 22 2016 online and cic cut the fees on 23 march 2016 so after that we are waiting even we have not received request for medical yet .my husband he is in india so can anyone tell how many we have to wait more

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
It take 2 months to process.. So you till have a lot of time for medicals.. You get medical request only after 3 weeks you've applied.. That's the pattern. So don't panic.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Hello guys,
It's been almost a week now since my wife's Sowp was refused from India and I was notified through CIC online account. However the VFS tracking still shows passport under pprocess.

With my previous expereinces with VFS they are pretty quick in delivering the passport once the decesion is made by CIC. Is there anything to worry about.?

Thank you.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Netz said:
Hello guys,
It's been almost a week now since my wife's Sowp was refused from India and I was notified through CIC online account. However the VFS tracking still shows passport under pprocess.

With my previous expereinces with VFS they are pretty quick in delivering the passport once the decesion is made by CIC. Is there anything to worry about.?

Thank you.
Sometimes it takes up to a week for them to dispatch the passport. Did you try calling VFS asking the satus ? (Anyway they will check the status on their site and say its processing) Explain that you checked status online and the decision is made. They should be able to tell you the status of the passport.

However, you can also use the VFS tracking number to track in the courier website as reference.

You can find the courier partner's name in the VFS receipt. Go to their website and check with your VFS tracking number as reference number to track the package.

You should be able to track it if they sent already.

Hope it helps. Don't worry there won't be any issue