13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Hello FKL and experts,

I am looking for your expert advice in my case. I am AINP nominated and applied for PR for which I have received file number/AOR recently. Last month, I visited my home country and got married there.

I want to ask you guys - What all actions are required from me to update CIC about change in marital status while my PR application is in process?

On email from CIC it says to notify them if there is change of address, employment or marriage.... through Case Specific Enquiry form. When you open this form, there is drop down menu to select under Type of Application. What option should I select there?

Thanks for your help in advance.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hammer said:
Hello FKL and experts,

I am looking for your expert advice in my case. I am AINP nominated and applied for PR for which I have received file number/AOR recently. Last month, I visited my home country and got married there.

I want to ask you guys - What all actions are required from me to update CIC about change in marital status while my PR application is in process?

On email from CIC it says to notify them if there is change of address, employment or marriage.... through Case Specific Enquiry form. When you open this form, there is drop down menu to select under Type of Application. What option should I select there?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Hello Hammer,

I had to look up AINP and then CSE form again.

Of course the best and official way to inform CIC is Case specific inquiry.

I am not clear from the instructions whether AINP based (Alberta Immigration) program application falls under Express entry or not. It only says after first stage approval from AINP you apply to CIC / IRCC.

I know that at least some other provinces are running programs still where the application after PNP is not considered part of Express entry or they have options of both.

If it is EE, then you have to select EE, else I would go with "Overseas PR - Provincial nominee" since that looked closest to me otherwise.

Technically it should not make too much of a difference in my opinion what you choose as long as they are able to track your file with other info like name, dob, file number etc. that you provide. Also if I were you, I would clearly describe this situation in the first couple lines of CSE - clearly and briefly. i.e. I am AINP applicant via PNP inside Canada. I went home and got married and now need to add my spouse to the application.
Hope that helps.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
FKL and seniors:

Re-call,
I applied for my PGWP in Jan-2016 after graduating from Canada. My current Study permit is valid until July-2016. On March-23, CIC sent me a message that I am out of status in Canada and need to deposit $200 as restoration fees. My immigration consultant wrote a letter to CIC and attached my current study permit saying that I was never out of status, but also deposited the $200 fees and requested to return it back, as it was mistake from CIC end.

Now they have approved my PGWP, but in remarks it says "TR status restored as per R182", which means they believed I was out of status, and technically in that time frame I should have not worked. (I was working full time after applying for PGWP on Jan-19).

Questions:
1. My consultant has concern that when it will come to PR application, there could be issue, as CIC would say, why you were working, while out of status? So consultant recommends requesting CIC to amend this work permit? Is that possible? Would this be issue at all? As I had legal status during that time, and I can prove through SP copy. Please advise on this.

2. I am planning to attach copy of this PGWP to my wife's SOWP and son's TRV through Case specific inquiry, should I attach as it is, or wait for CIC to change the "Remarks" on my WP before attaching it with family applicants?

Thanks for your valuable comments

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
fkl said:
Hello Hammer,

Technically it should not make too much of a difference in my opinion what you choose as long as they are able to track your file with other info like name, dob, file number etc. that you provide. Also if I were you, I would clearly describe this situation in the first couple lines of CSE - clearly and briefly. i.e. I am AINP applicant via PNP inside Canada. I went home and got married and now need to add my spouse to the application.
Hope that helps.
Thanks FKL,

I will do the same. Thanks for your help.

:)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
b4ahmad said:
FKL and seniors:

Re-call,
I applied for my PGWP in Jan-2016 after graduating from Canada. My current Study permit is valid until July-2016. On March-23, CIC sent me a message that I am out of status in Canada and need to deposit $200 as restoration fees. My immigration consultant wrote a letter to CIC and attached my current study permit saying that I was never out of status, but also deposited the $200 fees and requested to return it back, as it was mistake from CIC end.

Now they have approved my PGWP, but in remarks it says "TR status restored as per R182", which means they believed I was out of status, and technically in that time frame I should have not worked. (I was working full time after applying for PGWP on Jan-19).

Questions:
1. My consultant has concern that when it will come to PR application, there could be issue, as CIC would say, why you were working, while out of status? So consultant recommends requesting CIC to amend this work permit? Is that possible? Would this be issue at all? As I had legal status during that time, and I can prove through SP copy. Please advise on this.

2. I am planning to attach copy of this PGWP to my wife's SOWP and son's TRV through Case specific inquiry, should I attach as it is, or wait for CIC to change the "Remarks" on my WP before attaching it with family applicants?

Thanks for your valuable comments
1. It might be a concern at the time of PR application. But amending a work permit is a complex process. It has no provision of distinguishing between applicant's mistake vs CIC's mistake and I think the fee for amendment is like 1500 CAD. I know this, because a friend was issued work permit wrongly at Toronto airport. The officer said you are free to work any where in Canada and it did put location as Toronto where as the employer was in Quebec. So the company's lawyer had to file for amendment which took a month and costed above fee. Still I would say you can send a request for amendment describing your situation with proof also highlighting your concern. May be they resolve it - or just give you a confirmation that some notes are added to your UCI number (wild guess) that it would not hinder your PR app. So you might be able to use that latter with PR.

2. I don't think this has any bearing on your family's application. It only needs to support dependent eligibility which is established with a) having PGWP b) Skilled job. So these remarks are irrelevant IMHO.

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hammer said:
Thanks FKL,
I will do the same. Thanks for your help.
:)
Well There are few other forums for guiding how to add wife.
I am outlining some here for more details you can definitely search more but this should do.
->Send CSE attaching your Marrg. certificate and brief message about your marital status change.
->Few weeks later they will send you forms to fill for your wife and you have to edit some forms for yourself too.
-> Try to get some certificates in advance while you wait for their reply like your wife PCC and Photographs etc.
-> Complete the forms sent by CIC via email, pay fees for wife and post all of it to them at address mention.

Hope it helps!!
ashpur88 said:
Congrats GagzV on the approval. Could you please list the documents you submitted?
For SOWP, Well the standard list required by CIC nothing fancy there as required mandatory .
Further, not so clear part is Supplementary information/Letter of explanation:
I have included a Cover letter and then docs like
Work permit copy of myself,Job letter, Pay Slips(2-3), Bank account statements,IELTS(wife).
Also other people have added more information too as posted in some of the previous posts you can add them if you feel so.

I think most important is your work permit and job related info.

Good luck!

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
I am officially stressed out at the moment. I just got an email from CIC stating that I have an update and then when I went to my account I did not see anything. Oh boy this is no fun whatsover. Oh my :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

preet05

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hello Folks,

First of all heartiest greetings to all :)

I am looking for your expert advice in my case. So here is my case:-

1) I am Canada PR and working in one of the category of ( National Occupational Classification 2011) List in canada.
2) I got married last month and i want to sponsor my wife to canada for open work permit also and want to file her spouse PR also.
3) I am confused in whether to apply outland PR or Inland PR. My wife has a valid tourist visa with her.

Now the question comes:- In case she comes to live with me and i apply for open work permit for her. Can i apply a Outland PR for her. I don't want to waste 26 months on inland PR.

Please guide me to come out of this situation.

thanks a lot !

Appreciate ur response.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
preet05 said:
Hello Folks,

First of all heartiest greetings to all :)

I am looking for your expert advice in my case. So here is my case:-

1) I am Canada PR and working in one of the category of ( National Occupational Classification 2011) List in canada.
2) I got married last month and i want to sponsor my wife to canada for open work permit also and want to file her spouse PR also.
3) I am confused in whether to apply outland PR or Inland PR. My wife has a valid tourist visa with her.

Now the question comes:- In case she comes to live with me and i apply for open work permit for her. Can i apply a Outland PR for her. I don't want to waste 26 months on inland PR.

Please guide me to come out of this situation.

thanks a lot !

Appreciate ur response.
You cannot take benefit of both things i.e. faster PR (outland) and open work permit together. You have to choose one.

Firstly, you cannot apply for Open work permit for her. That is not meant for spousal sponsorship i.e. outland spouse of a permanent resident is not eligible for OWP. You could have only done that if you, yourself were on work permit.

So if she applies Family sponsorship outland, she has to wait till getting PR - no work permit.

The other option is - she comes to Canada as a visitor (since she already has a visa) and you file Spousal sponsorship - inland.

Because of inland application, she becomes eligible for Open work permit and then can continue to live and work on work permit until she gets her PR which would probably take longer in land.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
Guys,

Need urgent help... Regarding SOWP...Anyone submitted application in India

1. How much fees had to be paid while submitting for work permit, my spouse is applying for Open work permit/SOWP for first time (based on my open work permit), is it $150 or $250 (what ever in INR) I'm kind of confused?

2. Also can some one please share what will be the process when we go to submit application at vfs?

3. In the Form IMM 1295, in background INformation section there is a question as "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?"

We are really confused with this question. My spouse is the principal applicant and had never submitted any application to Canada. But I have sent my PR application and I have added my spouse to the application as dependent. PR application is still in processing. So what should we answer for this question, should I say Yes or NO. What do they mean when they say enter or remain in Canada.

Also it says if you answer Yes for any question in the Background section, you have to submit schedule A form or IMM 5257B

could someone please help me with this questions. Thanks alot. Please help me... as all the documents are set ready and going to submit the application.

Thanks,

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
AEE11 said:
Guys,

Need urgent help... Regarding SOWP...Anyone submitted application in India

1. How much fees had to be paid while submitting for work permit, my spouse is applying for Open work permit/SOWP for first time (based on my open work permit), is it $150 or $250 (what ever in INR) I'm kind of confused?

2. Also can some one please share what will be the process when we go to submit application at vfs?

3. In the Form IMM 1295, in background INformation section there is a question as "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?"

We are really confused with this question. My spouse is the principal applicant and had never submitted any application to Canada. But I have sent my PR application and I have added my spouse to the application as dependent. PR application is still in processing. So what should we answer for this question, should I say Yes or NO. What do they mean when they say enter or remain in Canada.

Also it says if you answer Yes for any question in the Background section, you have to submit schedule A form or IMM 5257B

could someone please help me with this questions. Thanks alot. Please help me... as all the documents are set ready and going to submit the application.

Thanks,

It is $250. I applied through VFS. They charged 12,600 INR as visa fee (excluding any other services and taxes). I totally paid 13,830 INR. Just take 15k with you :)

Please note - They accept only cash.

It will be a hassle free experience. It is a token system like passport seva kendra. First you pay the fees, eventually you will be called to another counter to submit the documents. The person at the counter check your documents whether you kept any irrelevant papers in it and they also check your application if it is correctly filled.

Please note - VFS is just an application collection center. They are not authorised to give suggestions on your application or documents. Please reach VFS by 9:30 in the morning so you can make sure your document is sent to the respective visa office the same day.

You will be given with an acknowledgement receipt after submission. Then you are good to go home and start praying for your visa approval. :)

Is it the PR application after the PR invitation or the Express entry profile ?. If your PR application in process and you are applying for SOWP, then it seems to be dual intent in my view. I suggest you to wait for FKL or some other experienced member's comments on your post.