19-12-2014
File Transfer...
RPRF 03-03-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-04-2016 (Received at CIC on April 06th)
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2016 (Received passports back on April 22nd)
LANDED..........
25-04-2016
negative said:
Hi people,

After waiting almost 20 weeks, my lmia is approved at last. I will have a A level full time job (Software engineer). Now I can move to the next step. I was on the LMIA processing times topic mostly. Now I can move here :)

Sorry if my questions are already asked. I checked most of the posts but couldn't see someone with my situation or I should have skipped.

I am not from a visa exempt country. Therefore, I will apply online from where I live. My wife is also coming with me.
It seems that she can apply for an open work permit because I have a Skill level A job.
Should I also include the application for the OWP when I apply to my Work Permit.
Do I need to show strong ties with the home country? What is strong ties? Both of our families live in our home country and we lived all our lives here.
Do you think that applying for OWP would delay the process? Currently for my visa office it says 1 month waiting time for the work permit.

Thanks a Lot.
Hi,

From my experience, I'd say yes, you should include your wife's application at the same time as yours. And I don't think it will significantly delay the processing time.

For all temporary permits, yes you should show strong ties to your country, like real state properties, business, etc. Not sure if the office you're applying through requires you to send a letter of intentions (or something like that). But if so, explain there how the canadian experience you both will get, will make you more 'skillable' and more competitive in the job market, in your country when you go back. You can also mention your intentions of going regularly on holidays to visit your relatives, to check-up on your property, etc. Do not mention any intention of staying as permanent resident even if you wish to do so. They just want to ensure you'll respect your permit and won't stay illegally in Canada.

Good luck.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
belde said:
Hi Fkl

I applied for SOWP and it got rejected so we applied for gcms notes and we got the reason as this "Im currently Full time employed in skilled job so why would i leave my home country and move to Canada and initially be unemployed and it says that i have low income and savings and i would initially depend on spouse and spouse show low earning and modest savings and spouse circumstances do not demonstrate an ability to support and additional person not satisfied PA please initiate refund "it says.
Help me in what to do in this case if i reapply what all supporting documents i need to keep? Please reply ASAP.
Hi Belde,

Sorry to hear about your refusal. I believe you need improvement in your principal's spouse's circumstances.

Its perfectly normal for a dependent spouse to leave a career and be initially unemployed in Canada provided their principal spouse has suitable circumstances to afford him/her easily.

In some cases where a principal spouse is say a student, the dependent spouse's profile / education / experience plays some role on Visa officer's decision.

So once your spouse (the principal applicant) has a decent income and circumstances, there shouldn't be any issue in your getting SOWP.

sqid.madoma

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Calgary
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
16-11-2021
JWZR421 said:
Based on CIC website:

Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?

No. Once you have submitted your online application, you cannot send more documents to support your application unless a CIC officer asks for them.

It is important to include all the necessary information when you submit your application the first time. You can provide more information in the "Add letter of explanation" row when you are uploading your documents.

If an officer asks for a document, you will get a notification in your My Messages box in MyCIC.

To upload an additional document to your online application, as requested by a CIC officer, follow these steps:

Sign in to your MyCIC account.
Under “View my submitted applications” click on “Check status and messages”.
Under “Application Details” click on “View submitted application” at the bottom of the page.
On this page, you will have the opportunity to upload the additional document, the same way you uploaded the others.
To upload your document, find the document listed in your checklist that appears as “Not provided” and click on “upload document”.
Thanks JWZR421.

Now I am really worried about my partner application.

There is no item stating "not provided" since the declaration of common law is not asked and I provided every other document they asked.

I still don't understand why it is not specified to join this document if it is mandatory. For express entry it was clearly specified I did not have to guess.

I will still send my supplementary documentation using CSE because I have no other choice and nothing to lose doing that.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Sr. Name Date Upfront Paper/Online Approved/In-process Days-passed Remarks
Applied medical
1 b4ahmad 19-Jan-16 Yes Online In-process 70
2 Gaman 4-Dec-15 No Online In-process 116
3 GreenHak 28-Feb-16 ?? Paper In-process 30
4 Jazz67 15-Oct-15 ?? ?? In-process 166
5 Jojy Jose 15-Oct-15 ?? ?? In-process 166
6 Rkapoor 25-Dec-15 No ?? In-process 95
7 Viprewind 16-Feb-16 ?? Online In-process 42
8 RockyJ123 19-Oct-15 ?? Online In-process 162
9 Ashpur88 15-Mar-16 Yes Online In-process 14
10 Arij 20-Mar-16 Yes Online In-process 9
11 Prathyusha 20-Sep-15 No Online In-process 191
12 Preetjas 17-Sep-15 ?? Online In-process 194
13 ssuresh1985 22-Mar-16 ?? Online In-process 7
14 GagzV 5-Jan-16 ?? Online Approved 84 In-land application
15 Hassan.arif 12-Jan-16 Yes Online In-process 77

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Applied medical

Please add your name and dates, so that everybody on the forum could track. thanks

Jojy Jose

Sep 9, 2015
Name Date Upfront Paper/Online Approved/In-process Days-passed Remarks

JOJY JOSE 27TH OCT 2015 UPFRONT(PASSED) ONLINE(FROM CANADA) IN-PROCESS 155 DAYS DESPERATELY WAITING...!!

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great initiative! I have applied Online for my spouse who is in India. Passed the upfront medical and no updates since then. I will post any updates here

Arij

Mar 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks b4ahmad.

Please update your information on this sheet so taht it will be easy to track

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P45oeMrak_df-OdXqjrtIq3Qv1GQe61Xi043EIk3MtY/edit?usp=sharing

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Arij said:
Thanks b4ahmad.

Please update your information on this sheet so taht it will be easy to track

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P45oeMrak_df-OdXqjrtIq3Qv1GQe61Xi043EIk3MtY/edit?usp=sharing
Hi Arij,

Great stuff. Please provide edit privilege so we can add further details to the spreadsheet.

Thanks

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
FKL and senior members:

I applied for my PGWP and SOWP and sons TRV together on 19-Jan-2016. Wife and son are in Pakistan. It was online application.
I got approval email for my PGWP yesterday.
I called CIC today to inquire about my wife's OWP and sons TRV. They said my wife's application is in process while my son's application is closed!
(As mentioned in my previous note, CIC assumed that my son was in Canada, and they asked me to apply for visitor record, instead of visitor visa. I sent them email to reconsidder his application, but as of now, after two weeks, that still have not opened it)

Questions.
1. Should I apply for my son's TRV again?
2. I am thinking going to local MP and ask for his help to get my wife's permit, would that be beneficial?
3. SOWP as late as Dec-2015 have not received their OWP, is there any possibility that I can apply for TRV for my wife and kid again (2 times TRV were refuses earlier)?

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
b4ahmad said:
FKL and senior members:

I applied for my PGWP and SOWP and sons TRV together on 19-Jan-2016. Wife and son are in Pakistan. It was online application.
I got approval email for my PGWP yesterday.
I called CIC today to inquire about my wife's OWP and sons TRV. They said my wife's application is in process while my son's application is closed!
(As mentioned in my previous note, CIC assumed that my son was in Canada, and they asked me to apply for visitor record, instead of visitor visa. I sent them email to reconsidder his application, but as of now, after two weeks, that still have not opened it)

Questions.
1. Should I apply for my son's TRV again?
2. I am thinking going to local MP and ask for his help to get my wife's permit, would that be beneficial?
3. SOWP as late as Dec-2015 have not received their OWP, is there any possibility that I can apply for TRV for my wife and kid again (2 times TRV were refuses earlier)?

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.
I think you are over worried.

1. No - not unless they either tell you they cannot reconsider it OR they do not respond for a sufficiently long time.
2. Feel free to do what you like. But in my experience contacting an MP would be of little use, specially when your application hasn't even exceeded processing time.
3. Well you can apply for trv again. But you have to indicate very clear intentions of living with you (long term trv requiring medicals and stuff and it is going to take same length of time as your SOWP, probably longer now if you submit a new application). A visitor trv (short visit of less than 6 months which has faster processing time) will most likely be refused again because it is not your family's true intent.

While CIC has stopped giving processing times based upon countries, you should understand that the same visa office that normally handles such application would process that. That is Pakistan for your family and is likely going to take the same length of time i.e. up to 6 months. So in my humble opinion, your family's application is still with in processing time limits. For Islamabad embassy, you should send them inquiry once 16 weeks have passed. That should be the best way to speed up the applications.

Also you need to ascertain that you provided enough evidence i.e. your proof of skilled job + PGWP for your spouse to be eligible. If there wasn't enough evidence attached, please do that via CSE.

Hope that helps

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
GreenHak said:
Hi Arij,

Great stuff. Please provide edit privilege so we can add further details to the spreadsheet.

Thanks
Excellent stuff. Viprewind is from Jamaica and I applied from inside Canada. No Medical was required when I applied. I could not edit so Please update my information.

viprewind

Jaz87

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 july 2015
AOR Received.
27 oct 2015
Med's Request
April 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
b4ahmad said:
Applied medical

Please add your name and dates, so that everybody on the forum could track. thanks

I also applied spouse work permit Nov 5th 2015, no news so for. We have submitted case inquiry last week.