June 12,2015
AOR Received.
oct 2,2015
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
updated in april
hey guys need some help,

I got nomination in Alberta,but family was not included,i applied for PR for me and my family,got EP number,i work in Noc c,so will i be eligible to apply for open work permit for husband and study permit for my son ?TRV was rejected twice last year.wt u guys suggest.
please and thanks

Zain Ali

Jul 1, 2015
mfm said:
Hi Zain,

Apparently i can understand how stressful it is to wait for the SOWP. I have been waiting for almost 5 months now. Have you considered for sending a case specific inquiry to CHC Islamabad? As it has been more than 6 months in your case. If you have already done that, did u get any response from them? what is there response if any?
Yes did on Friday. Waiting for reply!

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys

I am from Pakistan. My wife got the worker visa as she will be dependent on me her in canada. Does she need to get the stamp I mean protector stamp. Does any one have any idea? Please guys help me I have limited time as I already booked the air ticket. I don't want my wife in trouble st airport.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ali45 said:
Hello guys

I am from Pakistan. My wife got the worker visa as she will be dependent on me her in canada. Does she need to get the stamp I mean protector stamp. Does any one have any idea? Please guys help me I have limited time as I already booked the air ticket. I don't want my wife in trouble st airport.
Yes you need a protectorate stamp for your wife. If you are physically not there, the protectorate office would require her father's approval on a stamp paper as an alternate.

Also you can only get protectorate from the province where your NIC was issued. It is roughly a full day process provided you have already applied for NICOP. I posted the details a long time ago on this forum along with a few friends. You should be able to find those if needed.

Lastly protectorate is valid only for 15 days. You have to fly with in that time frame.

MKayes

Jan 14, 2015
Dear Seniors and Experts,

Seeking a urgent advise on the 'Proof of Fund' related issues for open spouse open work permit.

It will be really helpful if anyone can advise me on the following topics -

(1) How much fund should be shown as 'proof of fund' for spouse open work permit?

(2) What are the possible ways of showing 'proof of fund' (i.e. bank certificate, fixed deposits)

Hope to hear soon from experts.

Thanks,
Kayes

Boso

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yi Yung Joo said:
thanks for all who read this post in advance.

I have complicated situation. Story is.... after I graduated the college, I applied PGWP this May. (My student visa expiration date was 30 July). at that time, I haven't realized that my wife can apply work pert together. So I applied PGWP just for me. (This was big mistake). By the way, my wife's visa expiration was 30 July, she applied for visitor visa.(visitor visa application is still processing)

Now. my PGWP approved couple weeks ago and I wants to apply open work permit for my wife. what am I supposed to do?

Please help!
You need to have a full-time job so that you can file for her OWP.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Boso said:
You need to have a full-time job so that you can file for her OWP.
To be clear full time SKILLED job - NOC 0, A or B and the job offer / experience letter should make that very clear, in enough detail as HRSDC describes a NOC and its responsibilities.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
MKayes said:
Dear Seniors and Experts,

Seeking a urgent advise on the 'Proof of Fund' related issues for open spouse open work permit.

It will be really helpful if anyone can advise me on the following topics -

(1) How much fund should be shown as 'proof of fund' for spouse open work permit?

(2) What are the possible ways of showing 'proof of fund' (i.e. bank certificate, fixed deposits)

Hope to hear soon from experts.

Thanks,
Kayes

POF may or may not be required depending upon the status of principal applicant i.e. on whose bases on is applying for SOWP. E.g. I had an LMIA based work permit job in NOC A so there was no POF requirement for me or my spouse.

But if the principal spouse is a student in Canada primarily on a study permit then you need to have if i remember correctly about 6k CAD which is basically expense for one year. This is in addition to principal applicant's tuition fee and around 11k for a year's expense.

The POF have to be shown in bank account, some other close liquid state preferably in the account of the actual SOWP applicant. If it is recently transferred you might have to specify the source. It might vary a bit from embassy to embassy and from visa officer to another.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
cali said:
hey guys need some help,

I got nomination in Alberta,but family was not included,i applied for PR for me and my family,got EP number,i work in Noc c,so will i be eligible to apply for open work permit for husband and study permit for my son ?TRV was rejected twice last year.wt u guys suggest.
please and thanks
You have given a vague description. Got nomination but family was not included. Didn't it ask any where if you are married or not? I hope you didn't write no there since that could be treated as misrepresentation.

Any way if your family is included in PR application, then you are not required to hold a NOC 0, A or B job in order to apply for Open work and study permits. Still some proof of funds might be helpful along to show at least some degree of financial capability.

rade75

Feb 12, 2014
Hey guys I need help
I got LIMIA and now I will apply for my spouse open work permit and for my son(17) study visa...there I must write name of the school and fee...but he is in highschool and we didn't know which school he will go...should I leave blank or?????
Please help

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rade75 said:
Hey guys I need help
I got LIMIA and now I will apply for my spouse open work permit and for my son(17) study visa...there I must write name of the school and fee...but he is in high school and we didn't know which school he will go...should I leave blank or?????
Please help
You should write "Not applicable" in the name of school since it is an open study permit. If there is space to explain, write that it is open study permit. I believe the age limit is 18 for open study permit for dependent children, but please verify.

For funds available for stay, you can quote your annual salary offered in Canada.

rade75

Feb 12, 2014
Thank FkL will verify ,and whether, if my son apply for a visitor visa has the right to go to high school there... and every document shouldn't be older than 6 mounth I mean notary stamp :-\ :'(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rade75 said:
Thank FkL will verify ,and whether, if my son apply for a visitor visa has the right to go to high school there... and every document shouldn't be older than 6 mounth I mean notary stamp :-\ :'(
You are most welcome. For a high school going kid, you should apply and get an open study permit for him.

For younger children to go to schools, it is much more relaxed i.e. i was asked and got open study permit for my son aged 6+ but in practice kids are accepted in primary school even on trv + visitor record.

They only ask for parent's work permit as proof of eligibility since if you are allowed to work on a skilled job (or have provincial nomination) your kids are allowed to go to school.

Even if you get trvs for kids (like younger kids under 6) those are different from regular trvs in that they require medicals, take the same length of time as work permits and are eligible for medicals.

Besides the trv doesn't have restriction of 6 months stay.

However, this is only about young kids. For a 16-17 year old, i believe an open study permit is necessary.

anksharma

Aug 13, 2013
Hello,

This is my first post in this forum will really appreciate anyhelp...I am stuck in same situation ....here is my case.... recently got my pgwp till sep 2018 which I filed from within Canada ....I got married in dec 2014 and applied for open wp for my wife which got rejected reasons stated ..no strong ties to home country,financial situation ,purpose of visit .....presently I am in India to apply for my wife's visa not sure which one to apply ....whether it should be open workpermit again beacuse when we applied before I was on student visa or else should file for tourist visa.....I am not working at present so will it affect our application ....please advice.....thanks in advance .... :) :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
anksharma said:
Hello,

This is my first post in this forum will really appreciate anyhelp...I am stuck in same situation ....here is my case.... recently got my pgwp till sep 2018 which I filed from within Canada ....I got married in dec 2014 and applied for open wp for my wife which got rejected reasons stated ..no strong ties to home country,financial situation ,purpose of visit .....presently I am in India to apply for my wife's visa not sure which one to apply ....whether it should be open workpermit again beacuse when we applied before I was on student visa or else should file for tourist visa.....I am not working at present so will it affect our application ....please advice.....thanks in advance .... :) :)
For a PGWP holder, you need to have a job at least NOC B to be eligible for SOWP. That is the only category that your wife should technically qualify for.

Showing ties to home country is another issue that you still have to over come.