+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

m4ri80

Aug 6, 2015
Thanks for your reply, now I have another problem, my visitor visa will expire soon, should I apply for an extension or my spouse application for his WP extension + my open WP app is enough? Can apply for both at the same time?? :'(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
m4ri80 said:
Thanks for your reply, now I have another problem, my visitor visa will expire soon, should I apply for an extension or my spouse application for his WP extension + my open WP app is enough? Can apply for both at the same time?? :'(
You can apply for trv along. But the point is that trv from inside Canada goes to a separate processing office as opposed to work permits and it takes less time too.

Assuming you are not from a visa exempt country you ONLY NEED TRV to enter / exit Canada. If you are staying in Canada and working, you need work permit for that. So unless you have an urgent need for trv i.e. have to go out of Canada and come back, you shouldnt apply for it for now.

Flaggy

Sep 6, 2015
I need URGENT REPLY....PLEASE. .

Good day,
I just got married August 29, 2015 my wife travelled on study permit to Halifax Canada on Aug. 31, we only have marriage certificate and photographs as proof of marriage and affidavit of change of name but our Intl passport still bear our respective family name . W
Please how can I apply for SOWP . What are the documens I need to make successful application. Am a registered Nurse with BSc Nursing from Nigeria.
Thanks.

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi All

I have a question I am on PGWP and I got married last year I am having NOC C job but I got my PNP recently. Can I apply for my SOWP? Does anyone think their are chances for approval?

Regards
Vagsur

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Flaggy said:
I need URGENT REPLY....PLEASE. .

Good day,
I just got married August 29, 2015 my wife travelled on study permit to Halifax Canada on Aug. 31, we only have marriage certificate and photographs as proof of marriage and affidavit of change of name but our Intl passport still bear our respective family name . W
Please how can I apply for SOWP . What are the documens I need to make successful application. Am a registered Nurse with BSc Nursing from Nigeria.
Thanks.
You can apply online for SOWP which will be treated as inside Canada application and would take give or take 3+ months currently. Name on passport is never a requirement. You need proof of marriage. If you are not living together in Canada, then you might need additional details to justify your relationship since you never lived together and are not even together in Canada. But there is no said policy here about this and it totally depends on the CIC visa officer. Common sense say they need to ensure you are genuine husband / wife and its not just a marriage of convenience. So they might ask for additional evidence.

However, the eligibility of SOWP is dependent upon your status. If you are a PR, you cannot apply for SOWP. You can apply for sponsorship in land which would take a while and can get open work permits meanwhile if needed. If you are on a work permit, then you need to have a skilled job - at least NOC level B. If it was an open work permit (not based on LMIA), then you need to submit a letter from employer detailed enough - not just to prove your job but also to prove that your job qualifies as skilled.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
vagaur said:
Hi All

I have a question I am on PGWP and I got married last year I am having NOC C job but I got my PNP recently. Can I apply for my SOWP? Does anyone think their are chances for approval?

Regards
Vagsur
As far as i remember, once you have been nominated for PR, the requirement of job being skilled (NOC 0, A or B) no longer exists. But you probably would need to show convincing situation to support a spouse e.g. enough income to support her living. May be having some decent funds in bank would help. Also it would also be of value if you submit PR application and your spouse is included in that.

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
fkl said:
As far as i remember, once you have been nominated for PR, the requirement of job being skilled (NOC 0, A or B) no longer exists. But you probably would need to show convincing situation to support a spouse e.g. enough income to support her living. May be having some decent funds in bank would help. Also it would also be of value if you submit PR application and your spouse is included in that.
HI Fkl

I will be submitting my PR next month after my PCC and my spouse is dependent in that application too but I will be apply for SOWP with in this week. We are showing almost 13k in our bank accounts and my pay stubs from my full time and part time job making my salary upto $3k per month and my spouse is also earning in India around 25k INR per month do you think that is enough?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
vagaur said:
HI Fkl

I will be submitting my PR next month after my PCC and my spouse is dependent in that application too but I will be apply for SOWP with in this week. We are showing almost 13k in our bank accounts and my pay stubs from my full time and part time job making my salary upto $3k per month and my spouse is also earning in India around 25k INR per month do you think that is enough?
Hi Vagaur, looks good to me. If i were you, after applying for PR, i would add that information to my file just in case. Currently it would take at least 3 months for SOWP application to be evaluated. So having applied for PR would strengthen the case. Apart from that, your situation looks good to me.

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
fkl said:
Hi Vagaur, looks good to me. If i were you, after applying for PR, i would add that information to my file just in case. Currently it would take at least 3 months for SOWP application to be evaluated. So having applied for PR would strengthen the case. Apart from that, your situation looks good to me.
I was under the impression that if you have applied for PR and your wife is in that application as an "accompanying-dependent", then you can not apply for Open Work Permit because it shows dual intention. ::)

Can you please explicate !!

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
subtain said:
I was under the impression that if you have applied for PR and your wife is in that application as an "accompanying-dependent", then you can not apply for Open Work Permit because it shows dual intention. ::)

Can you please explicate !!

Thanks
Dual intent is perfectly fine otherwise i.e. applying for a work permit and PR at the same time. However, the difference is between inland vs out land applications.

You can only apply for work permit if your PR application was submitted in land. The theory is that if you are an out land applicant, you should only land when your process concludes rather than using WP as a back door to come sooner. On the other hand it makes sense for in land applications since they are already in Canada. So obviously they can get any number of work permits if their PR application is beyond initial stage until the approval of PR.

Hope that helps

Dpakhaniya

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-09-2016
AOR Received.
Jan-09-2016
Hi

Help needed

I was on PGWP of 1 year and expired on december 2014. I have one year pharmacy technician (NOC 3219) job experience. I got rejection in AINP due to work permit expiry when they opened my file. Right now i am on implied status as my file for restoration as visitor is still pending. My employer is waiting for LMIA for Pharmacy Technician. I think chances for LMIA is very less

My question is that I am getting married back home in India. My wife want to do study and i want to take SOWP. so can any body please suggest what i will be best way to get SOWP. and in which province she should do her study. My file is in express entry but my points are 379 only.

Should i take study permit and go back india and get married. and both will come on study permit and then apply for SOWP here in canada.?

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
fkl said:
Dual intent is perfectly fine otherwise i.e. applying for a work permit and PR at the same time. However, the difference is between inland vs out land applications.

You can only apply for work permit if your PR application was submitted in land. The theory is that if you are an out land applicant, you should only land when your process concludes rather than using WP as a back door to come sooner. On the other hand it makes sense for in land applications since they are already in Canada. So obviously they can get any number of work permits if their PR application is beyond initial stage until the approval of PR.

Hope that helps
Thanks !!!

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My wife applied online for a work permit from Pakistan more than 4 months ago. Is there any one that help me understand what kind of time line to expect. The processing times says 6 months.... and we are still
waiting for the medical call. If any one that knows about generally how long it takes kindly reply. Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi mfm,

It varies greatly. If you have a very strong profile - clear cut case and have applied at a time of year when cic is not over loaded with study visa applications (Sep to Jan is a good time frame), you might get through in 2-3 months. Otherwise it could 6+ even up to 8-10 months in some cases.