VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
gsohi2011 said:
Thnks fkl, but i see in india they need all photos of engagement, wedding & reception. As my was love marriage against consent of parents, i have only wedding photographs. I got married in india in 2011.This is the main reason for concern?
As far as i know, they ask for any further proofs to verify the relationship not being just a marriage of convenience (i.e. for the sake of immigration). Canada would accept even common law people (not married living together as that is the norm here) from other countries when they have lived together for more than a year and can prove that.

So as long as you can submit other proof (like having together in India, other details you could give, such as some of those you mentioned, and explain your circumstances), you should be good.

I have known people from other countries applying to Canada - who have been common law and provided things like joint account at bank, shared mortgage or car lease, even same billing addresses on both partners credit cards etc. and gotten through fine.

It is true that such situations would be uncommon for india, but i don't see why that can't be explained and justified.

archi

Dec 13, 2012
hi, Everyone ,

I had applied spousal sponsorship for my wife in May 2014 inland and i have received letter from CIC in February mentioning that they received sponsorship application and the file is in process with no update after . my wife work permit expires in DEC 2015 and she needs extension . She was a student here Canada before and holds open work permit status now . in order to get extension I am not sure if she need Labour Market Impact assessment from her employer or not .

Also she need to travel to India in November , wondering if she can apply temporary resident permit same time wit the work permit extensions or not ?

ETguru

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
All,

I got my spouse medical request for her dependent visa today.Does that mean application is almost through ?

Also how much time it will take from here to get the visa stamped ?

I am already in canada on ICT.

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Thanks fkl for taking your time and replying.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
archi said:
hi, Everyone ,

I had applied spousal sponsorship for my wife in May 2014 inland and i have received letter from CIC in February mentioning that they received sponsorship application and the file is in process with no update after . my wife work permit expires in DEC 2015 and she needs extension . She was a student here Canada before and holds open work permit status now . in order to get extension I am not sure if she need Labour Market Impact assessment from her employer or not .

Also she need to travel to India in November , wondering if she can apply temporary resident permit same time wit the work permit extensions or not ?
If her sponsorship application was submitted inland (obviously that should be the case since she is here on wp) then she can easily get open work permit based upon that. So no she won't need an LMIA. This should be listed among the exceptions of who does and does't require LMIA on CIC website.

For the second question, i assume you mean TR VISA for going out of Canada and coming back in ( temp residence permit is a completely different thing. It is for people who are allowed to enter Canada otherwise, but were banned for some reason and have a situation in which they need to come in). Sure she can apply for trv at the same time as wp extension. Just that when you apply from inside Canada, it is processed by a different visa office.

zacknling

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
Dear All,

My working permit is about to extend, and I have few questions need to clarify, anyone who can assist/answer will be great!

I am going to apply my extended working permit also apply my spouse open work permit (just married). I am going to apply online and there have my application forms also my spouse application form listed.
I am in Canada the processing time is 100days, and for my spouse its said 5 months(Outside Canada). My question is ,

-If I am the principle applicant, will we get the work permit at the same time, or I will get mine and he will get his separately?

Much Appreciate.

Maze0218

Aug 23, 2015
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and hoping for your understanding :).
My husband has an application in process for a work permit (NOC B), though it is still under process we would like to know what would be the best way in order for me to come with him to Canada? I heard about the Open Work Permits however we have little information about it.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! :)

pama

May 10, 2015
Hai friends,

I need help, i am currenly in canada on my pg work permit. my husband is working in abu dhabi.i am going to apply for spouse open work permit online.bit confused because if i put applying country India then my application will process in India eventhough my husband in abu dhabi? or it is better to submit paper application in India? i am scared if they process it in Abu dhabi it may take too much time around 9 months. any idea?

thanks

Chris_t_

Aug 23, 2015
Hey everyone.. Does anyone know if my spouse open work permit will be canceled if my spouse leaving Canada and she goes back to our home country while we are both still have more then 1 year for the work permit??

shallu7287

May 29, 2014
Hi...
I have applied sowp for my husband on June 26th and no updates till date.. its 2 months today. It was paper application at vfs chandigarh. Any clue whom to ask? We prepared the file from a lawyer in Abbotsford.

shallu7287

May 29, 2014
Hi...
I applied sowp for my husband on June 26th and no updates till date. The application was paper based and submitted at vfs chandigarh. Its 2 months today. Any clue whom to ask? We prepared the file from a lawyer in Abbotsford.

simransandhu7

Aug 11, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
Doc's Request.
16-05-2016
Nomination.....
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
IELTS Request
--
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
11-11-2017
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
my husband has a NOC-B category work permit valid till february 2016. we applied for spouse open work permit for me and study permit for our 2 dependent sons on 06-08-2015 as paper application at VFS chandigarh. no contact for medical request yet from CIC. how much time can we expect them to process our application, and what can be the approval chances. and will we all receive the decision on same day as processing times at chandigarh VO is 3 weeks for study permit and 4 months for work permit.

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi All

I am on post graduate work permit and recently got my PNP my husband was dependant in that. I have my work permit until november 2016 and i am currently working, my noc level is C, someone told me that i can apply for my spouse open work permit on the basis of PNP and our PR file in which my husband is dependant. Please advise if thats possible and how many chances are their for approval. If anyone can suggest should i go with paper file or online application and which documents would i need.

Regards

Vagaur

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@zacknling, ppl get work permits at the same time by applying together if their processing offices are the same too. This is not the case for you since you are physically in Canada and yours would be treated as INSIDE Canada where as for your spouse, processing time for his/her current country of residence would apply.

However, there is a remote possibility of the same CIC officer processing both together. I don't know how likely that is, but it is certainly not in your control.

====

@Maze0218 You could have applied for SOWP along with your principal applicant's application if he has a NOC B job. Still you can apply for it separately.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
pama said:
Hai friends,

I need help, i am currenly in canada on my pg work permit. my husband is working in abu dhabi.i am going to apply for spouse open work permit online.bit confused because if i put applying country India then my application will process in India eventhough my husband in abu dhabi? or it is better to submit paper application in India? i am scared if they process it in Abu dhabi it may take too much time around 9 months. any idea?

thanks
Processing country is either where you currently reside (not as visitor) or your country of citizenship. You can choose india even if you apply online. However, i am not sure how would you send passport for visa stamping and all that if he is currently working in Abudhabi. If you submit paper application in India you would have to submit passport along in original and i am not sure you could do that. So its best to submit online application using india (it would be processed there) and figure out a way to send passport for stamping when CIC asks for it in the end.