VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
atulmaini said:
I am on Work permit now.i would be marrying next month and my spouse is PR and have a skilled job classified under Level B.
We will apply Outland and I will move to india as my work permit is soon going to finish.my question to all seniors is that can I apply for work permit after marriage as my husband has a skilled job. Also if my husband decide to quit his job after my work permit is approved. What will happen to my work permit ??
An outland PR / sponsorship application is not eligible for work permit. You would only be eligible for open work permit if you had applied for PR in land or if you spouse was a work permit holder.

His quitting job has little to do with your eligibility to apply for PR since he already has a PR. Only required funds might be a question.

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
Got stamped passport today.... :D ;D :D :D ;D :D :) :) :) ;) ;) :D :D

Kavinli

Jun 25, 2015
Hi,
My husband is a full time Master student (2 years) and expect to graduate by early October, however his study permit expires on 31st of October 15. I came to Canada on open work permit last November after our marriage in June. I got a full time job offer and currently working at a permanent position.
At this point we are facing a situation where my husband is not very definite about the final completion date of his study as he is currently doing his thesis for which final submission date is mid-September, however it might take a month or so to finalize the results and receive final transcripts. We are concerned whether we might have only 2-3 weeks’ time left to apply for postgraduate work permit before his current study permit expires and not have the 90 days’ time period to prepare for that application like what other students usually have. Also I can’t work until he has a job offer even though he applies for PSGWP.
At this situation we are thinking of extending his study permit for another term, his college is willing to do so. He will be applying for extending his stay using 5709 form. However our concern is, if I want to apply for extension of my open work permit does he need to be registered as a full time student during his extension or since it’s his final extended semester can he do part time for me to apply to extend my work permit?.
Which form do I have to fill to extend my work permit? If 5910, which option should I choose initial work permit/permit with same employer/permit with another employer/temporary resident permit? Then in question 6, regarding intended work in Canada, do I have to mention about the current employer details and provide them my offer letter?

Thank you

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.. I have a question..
My wife applied for Open Work Permit online from Pakistan.
I am in canada working and my job falls under skill level 0,A or B.
Her document check list did not include "family Information IMM5645"
Is this form required or not? Is there a way by which I can update the online application?

Friends from pakistan on this forum kindly help out.. thanks

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
mfm said:
Hi.. I have a question..
My wife applied for Open Work Permit online from Pakistan.
I am in canada working and my job falls under skill level 0,A or B.
Her document check list did not include "family Information IMM5645"
Is this form required or not? Is there a way by which I can update the online application?

Friends from pakistan on this forum kindly help out.. thanks
I am not entirely sure abt your situation . But one thing i know is all application should have the documents in the check list mentioned by CIC . Please check the check list for SOWP and see if it says to include the above mentioned info form . All the best

Tekytech

Sep 3, 2014
My wife's work permit has been approved today from VFS Chandigarh.

Here is my timeline:

Applied:15 April 2015, Paper application, Medical done upfront (Got my application package prepared by a lawyer in Toronto - 1500CAD)
Visa issued: July 9, 2015

Thank you forum for answering all my questions.

Good luck to all.

tann

May 20, 2015
Tekytech said:
My wife's work permit has been approved today from VFS Chandigarh.

Here is my timeline:

Applied:15 April 2015, Paper application, Medical done upfront (Got my application package prepared by a lawyer in Toronto - 1500CAD)
Visa issued: July 9, 2015

Thank you forum for answering all my questions.

Good luck to all.
wow. Dats awesome. Congrats. I hv also applied on 14 apr paper based application at chandigarh bt didnt get any update. We didnt go through lawyer. May be dis is the reason.

rmarahar

Feb 23, 2015
Hello,

I am working full time under NOC B in esmonton, Canada on valid PGWP. I allplied for my spouse open work permit but it got rejected. I couldn't understand the reasons. Could you please help me in understanding this so that we can re-apply.
Reason is:

I am not satisfied you meet the requirements of R205(c)(ii)

Please help me in this.

mandy87

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
My Husband's Spouse Open work permit timeline:

Visa Applied for: SOWP
Application Type: Online in Canada (while spouse in India)
Medical: Upfront, attached during application submission
Submitted On: May 16, 2015
Passport Request from CIC: July 08, 2015
Passport Submitted @ VFS: July 09, 2015
Passport Received from VFS: Waiting , it is showing dispatched

Best Of Luck to Everybody

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rmarahar said:
Hello,

I am working full time under NOC B in esmonton, Canada on valid PGWP. I allplied for my spouse open work permit but it got rejected. I couldn't understand the reasons. Could you please help me in understanding this so that we can re-apply.
Reason is:

I am not satisfied you meet the requirements of R205(c)(ii)

Please help me in this.
The point mentioned seems to be related to International mobility program.

I suspect you didn't clarify in enough detail that this is a Spousal open work permit application. If you are a PGWP holder, you have to demonstrate that your current job is skilled and falls under NOC B. This involves submitting a letter detailed enough to unmistakably match your current duties with that of the NOC B role you claim along with wages etc. meeting similar standards. If you didn't submit that, then please add this and reapply for SOWP.

I have seen this happen pretty often and IF above was the only reason (this even happened to spouse of a post doc researcher i know on an LMIA exempt position) you would get through in second attempt, provided there is reasonable time left in your PGWP (year or more)

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
mandy87 said:
My Husband's Spouse Open work permit timeline:

Visa Applied for: SOWP
Application Type: Online in Canada (while spouse in India)
Medical: Upfront, attached during application submission
Submitted On: May 16, 2015
Passport Request from CIC: July 08, 2015
Passport Submitted @ VFS: July 09, 2015
Passport Received from VFS: Waiting , it is showing dispatched

Best Of Luck to Everybody
Hi Congratulations

could you share what visa office processed ur husband's file?

Tekytech

Sep 3, 2014
tann said:
wow. Dats awesome. Congrats. I hv also applied on 14 apr paper based application at chandigarh bt didnt get any update. We didnt go through lawyer. May be dis is the reason.
Don't worry. Yours might be on its way somewhere. Keep faith. Its going to be 3 months now, no reason to be rejected after this much time. Hope for the best. Gud luck

rmarahar

Feb 23, 2015
Thank you for your response. really appreciate it.

I think that's the reason. I didn't explain my job very well. I just gave work position or designation. I thought its understood. But, its my mistake. So, Can we reapply with proper employment letter and explanation letter? what other things do we need to mention them. everything is genuine. I am really worried this time.

It means they can still provide SOWP? How long they will take if we apply in chandigarh again?

And, yes, my PGWP is valid for more than two years.

Please let me know regarding this. thank you.