+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

nirvana9

May 19, 2014
Citizenship
AOR Received.
25-07-2019
Hi,

I have applied for my PR under AINP (Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program) and have received file number. I got married few weeks back and want to bring my spouse to Canada.

Currently, I am working in NOC Skill Level A and its full time job. I have open work permit till 2018. My spouse is into engineering industry and is having five years of experience.

I have following question:

1) Should we apply for TRV or dependent visa first and then apply for Spouse open work permit (SOWP) ? Or apply for SOWP first from India?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
vishwaiitr said:
Hello FKL
I applied SOWP at VFS Bangalore 2 months back. So for no updates even for medical call. The website it has been mentioned that it takes 2 months to process. Should I write a mail to CIC or should I wait? We are worried about longer delay.

Vishwa
Hi Vishwa,

If average processing time is passed you should definitely email them with all personal details

IND_CAN

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
nirvana9 said:
Hi,

I have applied for my PR under AINP (Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program) and have received file number. I got married few weeks back and want to bring my spouse to Canada.

Currently, I am working in NOC Skill Level A and its full time job. I have open work permit till 2018. My spouse is into engineering industry and is having five years of experience.

I have following question:

1) Should we apply for TRV or dependent visa first and then apply for Spouse open work permit (SOWP) ? Or apply for SOWP first from India?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would def. advise you for Spouse open work permit(SOWP). Hire a laywer in Alberta and the lawyer will apply online from there. THE MOST SAFEST WAY TO APPLY. and the lawyer will tell the exact required documents. You're spouse will surely get visa within 3 months. Yet i'm not sure about the NOC level A. But once you hire the lawyer, you'll probably be advised with the right directions.

Lawliet918

Mar 23, 2015
hey guys,

quick question for you: i just received my wife's and my medical request for Permanent Residency application. but my wife has already done her medical exam for her SOWP application last january 2015. does she need to undergo another medical exam for our PR application or can she use her medicals during her SOWP application?

many thanks in advance!

sanybhai

Feb 21, 2014
Hello Experts
A quick question.
Currently work permit processing time is showing 6 months for Singapore office. Do I have to submit my passport with the application? Since, the processing time is long, I might need my passport while the application is being processed. Is it possible to submit the photocopy? Thanks

smv_2015

May 5, 2015
Hello Friends,

I need an urgent advice.

My spouse is on a dependent work permit i.e. Spouse Open Work Permit valid till July 2017. However, I have applied only for my PR (not my spouse) and I am expecting the PR to be issued by December 2015.

What would be the status of my spouse's work permit ? Will it get expire the moment I get a PR issued ? Or will it be still valid till July 2017 ?
Once I have my PR, I will apply for her PR through the Inland process.

Thanks,

tcp

Apr 23, 2015
Hi,

My situation , applied for sowp on 23 rd feb, received app. mail from delhi consulate and later mar 2 nd application processing in Banglore Canada consulate... And received medical update on April 14th...uploaded but no reply so far..any idea how long it takes after medical submission... Thanks.tcp

Preetjas

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
tcp said:
Hi,

My situation , applied for sowp on 23 rd feb, received app. mail from delhi consulate and later mar 2 nd application processing in Banglore Canada consulate... And received medical update on April 14th...uploaded but no reply so far..any idea how long it takes after medical submission... Thanks.tcp
i applied my swop 27 feb with upfront medical..medical passed on 7 march ...so no idea

makel25

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
Med's Request
13/03/2014
Med's Done....
17/03/2014
Passport Req..
20/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2014
LANDED..........
13/05/2014
Hi guys! Just want to ask after medical was passed to cic how long will it take for ppr? Thx guys..

tcp

Apr 23, 2015
vishwaiitr said:
Hello FKL
I applied SOWP at VFS Bangalore 2 months back. So for no updates even for medical call. The website it has been mentioned that it takes 2 months to process. Should I write a mail to CIC or should I wait? We are worried about longer delay.

Vishwa
when did u apply exactely ,,,,i to applied for my souse and got reply ,,feb27th applied for wife and son,,,got medical request and uploaded upfont medical on april 16th,,but after that no message,,,any one have any idea after medicals...to issue visa

raman69

Star Member
Dec 17, 2010
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
MPNP-winnipeg(manitoba), PR Fedral-Ottawa
NOC Code......
6231 NOC-B (Insurance Broker)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9 2014(Mpnp) Feb 9,2015 (Federal PR)
Doc's Request.
Additional documents requested, ask to filled newly separated schedule A for spouse only on Oct 20,2015. Sent by fax and post as well on oct 21,2015
Nomination.....
Nov 30 2014
AOR Received.
XEP-April 24,2015 EP-June 15,2015
File Transfer...
Feb 09,2015
Med's Request
Sep 10,2015
Med's Done....
Sep18,2015 and medical received on ECAS Oct 23,2015
Passport Req..
Feb 3,2016( i was back home, sent an email and asked to changed visa office, got email back, sent passport and got back visa stamped, landed succesfully)
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
since 2010, landed for PR Mar 5,2016(Ottawa Airport)
hello everyone

i live in canada and i am mpnp and i have already applied for fedral PR since feb 2015 and recently i got my file number.currently i am on post graduation open work permit which is getting expired in july 2015. so here is my situation i recently got married and i put my wife name on mpnp application as well as on pr application. and now i have applied for my open work permit extension application and beside that i have applied my wife sowp application too(applied under name cic account). my job is skill level b 6231. what you guys think how many chances i got for approval for my wife work permit? i have submitted all required documents.

reply will be appreciate

thanks

Preetjas

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
raman69 said:
hello everyone

i live in canada and i am mpnp and i have already applied for fedral PR since feb 2015 and recently i got my file number.currently i am on post graduation open work permit which is getting expired in july 2015. so here is my situation i recently got married and i put my wife name on mpnp application as well as on pr application. and now i have applied for my open work permit extension application and beside that i have applied my wife sowp application too(applied under name cic account). my job is skill level b 6231. what you guys think how many chances i got for approval for my wife work permit? i have submitted all required documents.

reply will be appreciate hi Raman i am not sure but on cic website ..they clearly mentioned That you need 6 months valid visa for your spouse visa.. Best of luck

thanks

vishwaiitr

Dec 4, 2014
Hello All,

I would like to inform you that my wife OWP and my son TRV has been approved today. Thank you for all your support. The time line is

Application submitted: March 02, 2015 (Paper based application at VFS Bangalore)
Medicals Requested: May 06, 2015
Medicals Done: May 07, 2015 (@ Fortis e-medical based, Bangalore)
Visa Approved: May 12, 2015

All the very best for the positive results from CIC to those who are expecting for SOWP
Vishwa

checkyink

Mar 29, 2015
hi guys and dear priyum, I just started a funded PhD program at Uni of Regina and I have a scholarship letter and a signed contract showing my stipend per year of program. I got married last month and I plan to apply to invite me wife on a spousal work permit by first week in July. The problem is my bank acct statement will be barely 2 months by then. My wife works in a bank and will provide her own account statements. since i will not have up to 4 month history on my bank balance i want to ask if I can instead use my scholarship letter and signed contract document to show evidence of my ability to sponsor her.

Jaijai27

Feb 28, 2013
24 said:
Few days back i had asked in this group that my brother and her spouse want to apply for Open work permit & student visa, respectively. My brother's visa was refused twice once as Tourist and once as student. so we applied him under open work permit..And had asked if they should apply together or no..We have applied together...

Applied online for Student permit and Open work permit. Got medical request within 2 working days :)

Waiting for PPR

Timlines:
Applied on: March 24th 2015
Medical request:March 27th 2015

Hi. I
Open work permit fee request: March 28th 2015
medical completed: March 31st 2015

Thank you everyone for their support