Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
HI evryone ,

I am a post grad dip student (2013 Sep intake ) . I had applied for my wife TRV n today we recvd intimation tht its been rejected . Reason thy gav was her employment status , less job prospects in India ( she has 5 yrs of work experinc n out of tht 3 yrs is in India )and personal assest and financial status . We had shown bank balance which had more than wth thy ask in CIC guides and her parents property which she wil inherit in future .

We wanted to reapply . She can easily get a job here in india , but whts the point in applying with her 1 month old job . And even if we wait for anothr 6 months .. my visa validity will be less than 6 months thn .... my course wud be over by april ..

So confused wht to do next .. Is it gud to apply for OWP .??? as i learnd from site tht Spouse of a full time student is eligible for OWP .. and the rejection reason wudint matter for OWP .. aint it ???

Need advice plzzzzzzzzzz

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Inthemidst said:
HI evryone ,

I am a post grad dip student (2013 Sep intake ) . I had applied for my wife TRV n today we recvd intimation tht its been rejected . Reason thy gav was her employment status , less job prospects in India ( she has 5 yrs of work experinc n out of tht 3 yrs is in India )and personal assest and financial status . We had shown bank balance which had more than wth thy ask in CIC guides and her parents property which she wil inherit in future .

We wanted to reapply . She can easily get a job here in india , but whts the point in applying with her 1 month old job . And even if we wait for anothr 6 months .. my visa validity will be less than 6 months thn .... my course wud be over by april ..

So confused wht to do next .. Is it gud to apply for OWP .??? as i learnd from site tht Spouse of a full time student is eligible for OWP .. and the rejection reason wudint matter for OWP .. aint it ???

Need advice plzzzzzzzzzz
Hi

Do not apply again on TRV or visitor visa. There is a high risk of getting rejection. And even if you get it its useless to go there and then apply Open permit and wait for 6 months. Your wife wont be able to work on Visitor visa and in case any delay in open permit you will have to come back to home country as visitor allows only 6 months stay at a stretch

But it takes 3-6 months to recieve visa..so incase ur visa is 6 months or less valid they will find your wife NOT eligible upon OWP... Yoy can extend your visa by taking another 6 months course and then try.

amir101

Nov 7, 2013
Can someone help me?
My wife and I both have a TRV(Temporary Residence Visa) by being admitted for MSc and PhD study in montreal.
As I have the intention to work and she wants to study, can someone inform us about getting "open work permit" at the airport?
She will obtain a study permit, but is it possible for me to get "open work permit" at the airport upon arrival?
if yes, what sort of docs do I need to do so??

thanks

deebee

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
priyum521 said:
Hi All,

There will be no delay when you apply open work permit. I would suggest to go with open work permit instead of TRV.

By the way, it took 20 days to get work permit [including open work permit to my spouse] and the consulate office is New Delhi.

Thanks
Priyum

Hi ,,

Saw ur posts . You might b able to help me. I am on student visa ( sept 2013 intake ,1 yr pg Dip). Apllied TRV for my wife n got rejected
Reasons : job prospectus in my home country is less ( she has 3 yrs of work experince in india ); current employment status (unemployed) ; Assets and financial background is not satisfying ( we showed 5 lakhs + in our bank account)

Now i am thnkin of applying for OWP for her in which the 1st two reason for rejection wudnt matter and only the financial part has to be taken care . But issue is with the processing time . I hear someone sayin it wud take only 20 days , CIC link saying 4 months , someone posted in ths form sayin she got it in 17 days @!!! ..

so again confused tht ....shud i spend so much and apply again n wait for 4 months .. yet again if its a rejection her profile will be totaly spoiled :(

Kindly advice

amu_soni18

May 2, 2013
hi Yamini

I am a skilled worker and working in Calgary ,Alberta,(basically from Delhi, India I want to apply for the OWP for my wife, plz can u reply me on my email so that I can clear some doubts in my mind before applying

thanks
amit soni

email--- soni.amit3@gmail.com

amir101

Nov 7, 2013
anyone can help ?
:(

amir101 said:
Can someone help me?
My wife and I both have a TRV(Temporary Residence Visa) by being admitted for MSc and PhD study in montreal.
As I have the intention to work and she wants to study, can someone inform us about getting "open work permit" at the airport?
She will obtain a study permit, but is it possible for me to get "open work permit" at the airport upon arrival?

thanks

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amir101 said:
Can someone help me?

thanks
only certain nationality able to get permit in port of entry .but inside Canada you can apply owp

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
deebee said:
Hi ,,

Saw ur posts . You might b able to help me. I am on student visa ( sept 2013 intake ,1 yr pg Dip). Apllied TRV for my wife n got rejected
Reasons : job prospectus in my home country is less ( she has 3 yrs of work experince in india ); current employment status (unemployed) ; Assets and financial background is not satisfying ( we showed 5 lakhs + in our bank account)

Now i am thnkin of applying for OWP for her in which the 1st two reason for rejection wudnt matter and only the financial part has to be taken care . But issue is with the processing time . I hear someone sayin it wud take only 20 days , CIC link saying 4 months , someone posted in ths form sayin she got it in 17 days @ !!! ..

so again confused tht ....shud i spend so much and apply again n wait for 4 months .. yet again if its a rejection her profile will be totaly spoiled :(

Kindly advice
Deebee,

Could you please let me know right now what is your visa validity .

Means ur study permit is valid for till which date if it's less than 6 month then ur wife is not eligible to apply the OWP.

As i m also in the same situation and my lawyer said not apply if the main applicant has the TRV less than 6 month.

As it;s clearly mention in the terms and condition you should have trv atleast for 6 months.

You can apply for ur wife once ur study is completed and if u do have the job offer in NOC category then u can apply together in Canada...while ur wife is in India

Then there would be great chances for OWP.

Don't get desperate to apply again if u don't met with the terms and condition.

rest up to u.

Regards
Rajan

deebee

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Rajan Grover said:
Deebee,

Could you please let me know right now what is your visa validity .

Means ur study permit is valid for till which date if it's less than 6 month then ur wife is not eligible to apply the OWP.

As i m also in the same situation and my lawyer said not apply if the main applicant has the TRV less than 6 month.

As it;s clearly mention in the terms and condition you should have trv atleast for 6 months.

You can apply for ur wife once ur study is completed and if u do have the job offer in NOC category then u can apply together in Canada...while ur wife is in India

Then there would be great chances for OWP.

Don't get desperate to apply again if u don't met with the terms and condition.

rest up to u.

Regards
Rajan

Currently I have more than 6 months of TRV , and that is the sole reason for hurryin up with OWP soon aftr the TRV rejection . If we wait more my TRV validity wud be less than 6 months .

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
deebee said:
Currently I have more than 6 months of TRV , and that is the sole reason for hurryin up with OWP soon aftr the TRV rejection . If we wait more my TRV validity wud be less than 6 months .
then u go ahead and apply Owp as soon earlier but with the strong paper.

attached the evidence as much as u can.

Best of luck if u need any help let me know.

I will do it as i can.

regards
Rajan

rene-gade

Nov 8, 2013
Hello there!
I am from LCP and just got my OWP. I got married before my applications submitted for PR. So, i attach my husband in my application. Does my husband get his OWP too as i do?

Please I need your idea...thank you! ;)

deebee

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Rajan Grover said:
then u go ahead and apply Owp as soon earlier but with the strong paper.

attached the evidence as much as u can.

Best of luck if u need any help let me know.

I will do it as i can.

regards
Rajan

Thanks a lot Rajan , wil do take help from u

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
deebee said:
Thanks a lot Rajan , wil do take help from u
Hi Deebee...jfyi..I was in he same situation as yours..when I applied my husbands trv was 8 months valid.
But embassy took 4 months to process our application and rejected on the basis that our application was not valid from the date they started processing our application& it was found ineligible.

So when you apply,make sure your trv is 6+4=10 months since the date you apply to be on a safer side..

All the best..

deebee

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
roop9 said:
Hi Deebee...jfyi..I was in he same situation as yours..when I applied my husbands trv was 8 months valid.
But embassy took 4 months to process our application and rejected on the basis that our application was not valid from the date they started processing our application& it was found ineligible.

So when you apply,make sure your trv is 6+4=10 months since the date you apply to be on a safer side..

All the best..

Hi roop ,

Thanks for the info , really appreciate it ... Actually i am worried abt lot many things ... may be u all will be able to guide me

#TRV was rejected last on 4th of Nov . SO is it safe to apply again for OWP this month itself ??
#How long it would take whn i apply thru VFS ??
#I came here in the month of Aug , So if i dont aplly now as u said it will be less than 10 months ???

Any sugestn