+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Hi,
I am to get my workpermit in few weeks , I have job offer and LMO positive.
My wife had applied for open work permit with me and we both will get visa together,

Now she is pregnant for 3 months ,
will they allow us to enter in canada?

Please help me..

thanks a lot,

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
scorpion181181 said:
Hi,
I am to get my workpermit in few weeks , I have job offer and LMO positive.
My wife had applied for open work permit with me and we both will get visa together,

Now she is pregnant for 3 months ,
will they allow us to enter in canada?

Please help me..

thanks a lot,
Yeah i guess that won't be a problem. A friend of mine applied for work permit around dec 2012 along with open work permit for his wife. He went around late Feb and his wife joined him a month latter. Their child was born late august in Canada. So i don't expect that would be a problem.

Shaya

Oct 10, 2013
fkl said:
Yeah i guess that won't be a problem. A friend of mine applied for work permit around dec 2012 along with open work permit for his wife. He went around late Feb and his wife joined him a month latter. Their child was born late august in Canada. So i don't expect that would be a problem.
Hey ben did u get any reply for your owp. As last i just medical request after then there no information about my application. What happens after medical request can anybody help me.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Shaya said:
Hey ben did u get any reply for your owp. As last i just medical request after then there no information about my application. What happens after medical request can anybody help me.
I have heard back further, but it is still related to medicals i.e. they have asked for further evaluation for one of my kids.

If you have applied online, generally you would receive a passport request. But if you have applied on paper, you would directly receive visa.

There are background checks involved post medicals. Usually they don't take long but in exceptional cases can be delayed a while.

Shaya

Oct 10, 2013
fkl said:
I have heard back further, but it is still related to medicals i.e. they have asked for further evaluation for one of my kids.

If you have applied online, generally you would receive a passport request. But if you have applied on paper, you would directly receive visa.

There are background checks involved post medicals. Usually they don't take long but in exceptional cases can be delayed a while.
I got my medical request on Oct 15th and after that i havent heard anything about my visa. Are there any chances of refusal aftr medical. I have applied online on June 24th.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Shaya said:
I got my medical request on Oct 15th and after that i havent heard anything about my visa. Are there any chances of refusal aftr medical. I have applied online on June 24th.
Though there are chances of refusal after medicals, but they are quite slim. Usually it only happens if there are issues with medicals.

Oct 15th isn't that far off. Depending upon which country you are in, it might take longer. It's only been 20 days. Please wait at least a month to start worrying.

Lastly, it does not matter WHEN you got medical request. Rather WHEN you were done with medicals and the Medical practitioner forwarded the reports to CIC is the date you should count it from.

To give you an example, i was done with medicals with family on Sep 24. I tried checking with the medical practitioner WHEN they forwarded my details. They said it was done on Oct 4th (although generally here they claim it is done with in 48 hours electronically).

Almost around Oct 24th (a month after the original medicals), i received a letter BY POST from CIC India (though i have been communicating with embassy via emails). Medicals in my country are some how approved via India office. So that letter stated my son needs further assessment, so we went another appointment and i hopefully will get further reports in a few days to submit back to medical office.

But this is off from normal routine and generally speaking if you do not have any issues in your medicals, you will hear back in a month FROM THE DATE YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS WERE SUBMITTED.

Shaya

Oct 10, 2013
fkl said:
Though there are chances of refusal after medicals, but they are quite slim. Usually it only happens if there are issues with medicals.

Oct 15th isn't that far off. Depending upon which country you are in, it might take longer. It's only been 20 days. Please wait at least a month to start worrying.

Lastly, it does not matter WHEN you got medical request. Rather WHEN you were done with medicals and the Medical practitioner forwarded the reports to CIC is the date you should count it from.

To give you an example, i was done with medicals with family on Sep 24. I tried checking with the medical practitioner WHEN they forwarded my details. They said it was done on Oct 4th (although generally here they claim it is done with in 48 hours electronically).

Almost around Oct 24th (a month after the original medicals), i received a letter BY POST from CIC India (though i have been communicating with embassy via emails). Medicals in my country are some how approved via India office. So that letter stated my son needs further assessment, so we went another appointment and i hopefully will get further reports in a few days to submit back to medical office.

But this is off from normal routine and generally speaking if you do not have any issues in your medicals, you will hear back in a month FROM THE DATE YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS WERE SUBMITTED.
Thank you for your response, i have got my medical request on Oct 15th and the doctor have forwarded the reports on the same day.
I am in India and i applied OWP online, i cant check my application status anywhere plus i have send an email to know the status but i havent receive any reply.
Plus i have send a case specific to know about my application. How to come know whether they have receive my medical reports or no.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Shaya said:
Thank you for your response, i have got my medical request on Oct 15th and the doctor have forwarded the reports on the same day.
I am in India and i applied OWP online, i cant check my application status anywhere plus i have send an email to know the status but i havent receive any reply.
Plus i have send a case specific to know about my application. How to come know whether they have receive my medical reports or no.
You are most welcome. Being based in India means your processing times should be faster in general compared to mine.

I am not quite sure how would you confirm if they have received medical reports or not. What i did was, after hearing from the Medical practitioner that they have forwarded reports, i emailed CIC telling them when i was done with medicals and when MP says reports were forwarded. They acknowledged saying they are adding this info to my file. May be you could try this.

It could be back ground checks causing delay OR may be because there were strikes in India, they have backlogs and taking time to clear up.

Shaya

Oct 10, 2013
fkl said:
You are most welcome. Being based in India means your processing times should be faster in general compared to mine.

I am not quite sure how would you confirm if they have received medical reports or not. What i did was, after hearing from the Medical practitioner that they have forwarded reports, i emailed CIC telling them when i was done with medicals and when MP says reports were forwarded. They acknowledged saying they are adding this info to my file. May be you could try this.

It could be back ground checks causing delay OR may be because there were strikes in India, they have backlogs and taking time to clear up.
Can you help me with the email address please.

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Shaya said:
Hi Shaya:

After medical request ideally it takes 20 - 25 days to get a response. Its a good sign that u got ur medical request. I had submitted it upfront. When did u submit ur application?
- Ben

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Shaya said:
'

Hey shaya, just read ur posts... Dont worry. You just submitted ur medicals. Wait for some time may be a mnt and then if u still dont receive anything then send a follow-up email.

Thanks,
Ben

Shaya

Oct 10, 2013
Ben0101 said:
'

Hey shaya, just read ur posts... Dont worry. You just submitted ur medicals. Wait for some time may be a mnt and then if u still dont receive anything then send a follow-up email.

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben,
Thank you for ur reply... I got medical request on Oct 15th n d reports were forwarded on d same day. After that i havent heard anything. By d way Ben what happened about ur application.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Shaya said:
Can you help me with the email address please.
Sure, the email id's are country specific. For me it was islambadiminquiry @... something.

Assuming you applied to CIC Delhi, it should be DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp

Vin2810

Aug 26, 2013
I applied for both PR and SOWP 3 months back. I got my medicals on 22nd October but I am not sure if it was the PR application or work permit.

I received my UCI number as well my PR file number along with my medical request.

Is there anyway I can figure this out?