+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

XYZSAN

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Any one got the reply for OWP

I submitted my application online on aug 22 2013

i dont know where it will exactly go and process the application...i am in india.. my husband applied through attorney and he submitted online application for owp

Any one pls share ur exp

Oct 2, 2013
I applied for an OWP under my husband's work permit.

Submitted my application online on Aug 9th, 2013 and haven't heard back since! Just gave the CIC a call and the operator told me that it hasn't been approved yet. No reason was stated and she confirmed that it is way past the normal processing times. All she could do was to send the processing office a message to "contact me if there is any issues with my application." So there's nothing I can do but wait.

Is the processing of work permits on a major delay because of the strikes?? They really should be more informative!

XYZSAN

Star Member
May 5, 2012
longboardsandy said:
I applied for an OWP under my husband's work permit.

Submitted my application online on Aug 9th, 2013 and haven't heard back since! Just gave the CIC a call and the operator told me that it hasn't been approved yet. No reason was stated and she confirmed that it is way past the normal processing times. All she could do was to send the processing office a message to "contact me if there is any issues with my application." So there's nothing I can do but wait.

Is the processing of work permits on a major delay because of the strikes?? They really should be more informative!
hey sandy....are u staying with ur husband...i mean are u in canada

tzr

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
I applied in the month of may did my medical on 29 th Aug after that no news from embassy guys have patience. I am from India.

Vin2810

Aug 26, 2013
I have also applied for the spouse OWP online from India on July 24th. Still waiting on a decision from CIC; haven't heard anything from them as yet.

Vin

UDUPI21

Aug 14, 2013
Hi Yamini,

My name is Vrinda and i will be in vancouver in Dec 2013 on a study permit.

I am looking at applying for an OWP -S for my husband and study permit for my son.

Please can i request your advise on the dociuments to be submitted.

Also please can u give me ur personal mail so that we can connect.

Regards,

Vrinda

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
Hi!

My boyfriend moved to Canada on November 2012 with a Temporary Work Permit that is valid until November 2015. We had not live together while he was here, so i tried to apply for a work permit under the Live in caregiver program but got rejected twice because I didnt fulfill the experience requirements.. Is there any way he could sponsor me if we plan to get married as soon as I arrive to Canada?? If this could be done, how long is the process for me to get an Open Work Permit.. i am not planning to stay there as a permanent resident whatsoever.. i just want to be with him during the time he will be there and work since he wont come back in another two years..

Shaya

Oct 10, 2013
Hi i have applied OWP online on 24 JUNE but i havent receive any reply from CIC. Please any one who applied OWP in june have received any information.

habsky

Jul 9, 2013
phil
Category........
Visa Office......
MNLA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Nomination.....
30-07-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Hi guys!

Im Philippines, Im new here, hope i get answer here, thanks you in advance, i got my nomination from SINP, and already apply for work permit, im already done with my medical last Oct 8. and i just heard lately about this "open work permit" for spouse, Im the principal and my wife is my only dependent, my question is:
1) can i also apply my wife for an OWP using my approve nomination from SINP?
2) do we need show money?
3) can i apply her separately because im under agency here in philippines?

By the way, She's working in singapore right now.

Thanks. ;)

sklin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
habsky said:
Hi guys!

Im Philippines, Im new here, hope i get answer here, thanks you in advance, i got my nomination from SINP, and already apply for work permit, im already done with my medical last Oct 8. and i just heard lately about this "open work permit" for spouse, Im the principal and my wife is my only dependent, my question is:
1) can i also apply my wife for an OWP using my approve nomination from SINP?
2) do we need show money?
3) can i apply her separately because im under agency here in philippines?

By the way, She's working in singapore right now.

Thanks. ;)
Here I like to share my case, I applied work permit after I got SINP nomination. Then I used this nomination approval letter as a support document to apply OWP for my wife online in June, without show money. Last month she got medical request. Hope it will help you!

habsky

Jul 9, 2013
phil
Category........
Visa Office......
MNLA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Nomination.....
30-07-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
sklin said:
Here I like to share my case, I applied work permit after I got SINP nomination. Then I used this nomination approval letter as a support document to apply OWP for my wife online in June, without show money. Last month she got medical request. Hope it will help you!
Thanks sklin!
its really a great help for us, maybe we'll start working for it. last question please, do we need to apply it here in the same country or better she apply in singapore where she working right now?

Thanks again! ;D

sklin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
habsky said:
Thanks sklin!
its really a great help for us, maybe we'll start working for it. last question please, do we need to apply it here in the same country or better she apply in singapore where she working right now?

Thanks again! ;D
if she still lives in singapore, it's better apply there, apply it online!

XYZSAN

Star Member
May 5, 2012
sklin said:
if she still lives in singapore, it's better apply there, apply it online!
Hi sklin,

i am in india.. and my husband applied owp for which he submitted online application though attorney in canada...now i dont know where the case will be processed exactly

will it be processed in Delhi?????