+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

TrishRamos

Jul 8, 2013
hello everyone! good day! :)
here's our situation, my husband got a job offer on a highly skilled level b category and we were advised that my husband can tag me along with him under the spousal open work permit so, we were more than happy to hear that news! however, now im completely in distraught because literally just this morning I found out that I am pregnant! I don't know what to feel, i am somehow suddenly lost, to think this is even my first pregnancy, i am so confused. hope someone can enlighten me on this.. what type of application do i have to complete? or do we have to wait for the baby to arrive before applying the spousal open work permit? the reason why we wanted to work and live in canada this is all for our future baby however, the baby just came too soon! help! :'(

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
does any one know: if minor child (age 9) apply for study permit to come to Canada with foreign worker(high skilled) parent, do we need to get any offer letter from canadian school?????

your response will be highly appreiated

XYZSAN

Star Member
May 5, 2012
priyum521 said:
Hi,

Here are answers

1. Even for your spouse you need to apply "Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada [IMM 1295]" if you need open work permit
2. Specify open work permit.

Please let me know if you need any information.

Thanks
Priyum

Hi priyum,

Want ur personal emai-id..i have few questions its urgent...pls share me ur details...

ehmile24

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
GOD is in control
redstone said:
does any one know: if minor child (age 9) apply for study permit to come to Canada with foreign worker(high skilled) parent, do we need to get any offer letter from canadian school?????

yes, if the parent is already in canada he/she needs to get an acceptance letter from the board of education be cause you need to include that in your childs student visa application.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TrishRamos said:
hello everyone! good day! :)
here's our situation, my husband got a job offer on a highly skilled level b category and we were advised that my husband can tag me along with him under the spousal open work permit so, we were more than happy to hear that news! however, now im completely in distraught because literally just this morning I found out that I am pregnant! I don't know what to feel, i am somehow suddenly lost, to think this is even my first pregnancy, i am so confused. hope someone can enlighten me on this.. what type of application do i have to complete? or do we have to wait for the baby to arrive before applying the spousal open work permit? the reason why we wanted to work and live in canada this is all for our future baby however, the baby just came too soon! help! :'(
thats great if you tag with ur hubby in canada before baby born .letter on baby become to canadaian be happy thats great

pallaviip

Aug 5, 2013
Can anyone help me? My husband is in Canada on work permit. He will be applying for new work permit under NOC skill level B in the month of September. I have applied for visitor visa, but it is rejected. Can I apply for my Open work permit for Canada? If yes, should I send my application to husband n then he will send mine with his work permit application or Should we submit mine in India and his application in Canada at the same time? Plz Plz Plz guide me...

freefaller

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
HEY GUYS,

I AM ON A WORK PERMIT IN EDMONTON, CANADA TILL APRIL 2014. MY WIFE SUBMITTED HER OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION AT VFS-CHANDIGARH ON APRIL 23rd 2013, TWO DAYS LATER, ON APRIL 25th, SHE RECEIVED A TEXT SAYING HER PASSPORT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AT CHANDIGARH HIGH COMMISSION, AFTER WHICH, THERE IS NO RESPONSE WHAT SO EVER.

I AM ALSO AWARE ABOUT THE STRIKE ACTION BY PAFSO UNION MEMBERS.

1. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF FILES ARE MOVING AT ALL AT CHANDIGARH HIGH COMMISSION ? IF YES THEN HOW LONG ITS TAKING UNDER PRESENT UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES FOR SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATIONS ?
2. HAS ANYONE OR HIS/HER SPOUSE RECEIVED ANY RESPONSE OF ANY KIND FROM CHANDIGARH HIGH COMMISSION LATELY ?

YOUR RESPONSE AND INPUTS WILL BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS.

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
freefaller said:
HEY GUYS,

I AM ON A WORK PERMIT IN EDMONTON, CANADA TILL APRIL 2014. MY WIFE SUBMITTED HER OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION AT VFS-CHANDIGARH ON APRIL 23rd 2013, TWO DAYS LATER, ON APRIL 25th, SHE RECEIVED A TEXT SAYING HER PASSPORT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AT CHANDIGARH HIGH COMMISSION, AFTER WHICH, THERE IS NO RESPONSE WHAT SO EVER.

I AM ALSO AWARE ABOUT THE STRIKE ACTION BY PAFSO UNION MEMBERS.

1. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF FILES ARE MOVING AT ALL AT CHANDIGARH HIGH COMMISSION ? IF YES THEN HOW LONG ITS TAKING UNDER PRESENT UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES FOR SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATIONS ?
2. HAS ANYONE OR HIS/HER SPOUSE RECEIVED ANY RESPONSE OF ANY KIND FROM CHANDIGARH HIGH COMMISSION LATELY ?

YOUR RESPONSE AND INPUTS WILL BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS.

Free faller i have also applied for OWP but till now i haven't received any reply or any thing..

There are so many people in this forum who have applied on 5 april and till now they didn't get any reply from them .i don't what happened to them,

As of now i observed that Chandigarh is issuing the student and tourist visa only.

From april to till now i haven't seen any one who got there OWP...

We all are really suffering due to strike it's really killing us day by day.

what we can do nothing just wait hope everyone get their visa's ...

Hope for the best and stay in touch even u get any msg from them.

One thing your wife medical has been done yet or not.

regards
Rajan

ehmile24

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
GOD is in control
does anyone here received visa recently?

freefaller

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Rajan Grover said:
Free faller i have also applied for OWP but till now i haven't received any reply or any thing..

There are so many people in this forum who have applied on 5 april and till now they didn't get any reply from them .i don't what happened to them,

As of now i observed that Chandigarh is issuing the student and tourist visa only.

From april to till now i haven't seen any one who got there OWP...

We all are really suffering due to strike it's really killing us day by day.

what we can do nothing just wait hope everyone get their visa's ...

Hope for the best and stay in touch even u get any msg from them.

One thing your wife medical has been done yet or not.

regards
Rajan

HI RAJAN,

THANKS FOR RESPONSE, YEA BRO ITS HIGHLY FRUSTRATING, I GOT MARRIED IN MARCH AND ONLY STAYED WITH MY WIFE FOR JUST 10 DAYS, HAD I KNOWN IT WOULD TAKE THAT LONG I WOULD HAVE STAYED ANOTHER MONTH ATLEAST.

AND NO, NO MEDICAL DONE YET... WE SUPPOSE TO WAIT TILL THEY ASK RIGHT ? THERE IS NO RESPONSE WHAT SO EVER SINCE APRIL 25TH, APPLICATION STATUS IS "IN PROCESS"

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
freefaller said:
HI RAJAN,

THANKS FOR RESPONSE, YEA BRO ITS HIGHLY FRUSTRATING, I GOT MARRIED IN MARCH AND ONLY STAYED WITH MY WIFE FOR JUST 10 DAYS, HAD I KNOWN IT WOULD TAKE THAT LONG I WOULD HAVE STAYED ANOTHER MONTH ATLEAST.

AND NO, NO MEDICAL DONE YET... WE SUPPOSE TO WAIT TILL THEY ASK RIGHT ? THERE IS NO RESPONSE WHAT SO EVER SINCE APRIL 25TH, APPLICATION STATUS IS "IN PROCESS"
as i observed that work permit application are not processing due to strike ..

Chandigarh (CHC) only issuing student and tourist visa ..

May be after strike they will start to process the file.

it's been 7 days havn't heard any thing regarding strike nothing is happening .may be in this three days some hearing will happen.

Otherwise this strike will go till sep'13.

Hope for the best and "[PRAY TO GOD EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE"

GOD WHY THERE IS SO MUCH OF DELAY WHAT WRONG WE HAVE DONE ?? WE REALLY WANT TO LIVE WITH OUR LOVED ONES .

DEAR GOD, BREAK THIS ALL BARRIER AND OPEN ALL THE WAY TO REACH OUR DESTINATION (CANADA).....

Regards
Rajan

Viz

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priyum521 said:
Hi All,

There will be no delay when you apply open work permit. I would suggest to go with open work permit instead of TRV.

By the way, it took 20 days to get work permit [including open work permit to my spouse] and the consulate office is New Delhi.

Thanks
Priyum
hi priyum,

can u pls let me know what is average processing time for owp from India. also want to know what category it comes under. I guess it is not under the work pemit category and I am not able to find the processing times on the vfs website .

Viz

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
The lawyer wasn't necessarily wrong. If your spouse is on a study permit or work permit you can apply for the OWP in Canada. BUT you both need to understand that it does not make any difference if you are applying for an OWP. You still NEED the TRV to enter Canada. The OWP is given to you at the port of entry to Canada.

The difference is what you are telling them you will do when you arrive in Canada. In one case you told them you would be a visitor. In the other, you are telling them you want to work. But you still need the TRV as it is the ENTRY document to Canada. A TRV stands for Temporary Resident Visa and EVERYONE who is not from a visa exempt country requires one no matter what they are doing in Canada.

You can look at your previous applications and see where your weaknesses are. If you are planning to "visit" for an extended period of time and not work, then a significant amount of money would be required for your support. And the maximum time you are allowed to stay is 6 months so if you applied for more time, that is a mistake. Secondly, if you are going to apply for an OWP, submit your resume and diplomas with your application and a statement of the types of jobs you will apply for. A bank statement alone from a parent is not going to help since you are going to be dependent on your spouse in Canada. Your parent could write a letter stating that they will send you money every month to provide for your support and then include a bank statement.

But if "lack of significant ties" is part of the reason for your refusals, it is still going to be very difficult to overcome. You can try of course. And you do not have to wait. But if they've refused you for this reason already, again I'm going to say that likelihood of success is low. But hey, anything can happen and you won't know until you try.
Hi buddy,

what is the average processing time for owp from India.

Viz

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yamini said:
I GOT MY OPEN WORK PERMIT VISA IN 17 DAYS(IN JULY 2012) AND I HAVE BEEN STAYING IN VANCOUVER FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS. IF ANYONE WHO IS APPLYING HAVE PROBLEMS OR ISSUES KINDLY LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO REPLY.
Hi yami,

My wife has applied for owp from India. whats is the average processing time. is it same as the work permit or less. I am confused pls help.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
redstone said:

No you don't need an offer letter from Canadian school. You need to apply for "open study permit" for all school going children. You do not mention any school in this scenario and just require this open study permit to get a child admitted there. I have done this myself for my son aged 7, so i am pretty clear about this.

Offer letters are only required for much higher classes (18+).