Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ganesh.cafe said:
Hi All,
It says processing time for work permit outside canada is 4 months in India,visitor visa is 9 days in India.What will be the processing time for if we apply both like,open work permit for spouse and visitor visa for child.Like it depend on principal applicant?Huh. confused.
Also i have attached medicals(which we done for PR application),status says medicals passed,is this positive result and how long it will take to get visa

pls anyone clarify
Every CIC embassy has its own average processing time. I am not sure about india currently but as some one else said generally it should be much lesser than 4 months. It is listed on the website for each country and is updated on a yearly or semi yearly basis i believe.

If you apply together (SOWP + visitor visa) the processing time for the longer one would apply, since CIC should respond TOGETHER. Moreover, the visitor visa you apply for a child being a dependent of Principal applicant, is different in some ways from regular visitor visa so the timeline of 9 days is not applicable in any way.

A regular visit visa does not require medicals. But the trv given to kids living with their parents DOES. Also a normal visit visa does not allow some one to stay beyond six months max in a single go. However, the ones gives to kids moving with their parents, they stay with parents till the validity of their work / study permits.

Medicals are valid for one year from the date on which they took place. So the same can be used in case of work permit, if it is still valid.

HOW LONG will it take is always really subjective. But you should expect a response with in the average processing time that CIC Delhi (or which ever one in India you are applying through). If you don't send at least an email once a month to ask for update.

Processing times can vary depending upon a lot of factors, how strong and clear your case / profile is, what time of year you applied (whether that CIC office is really busy or free in those days), e.g. if you apply in say May till august, you will likely get slower response because that is the peak time of the year for study visa intakes for September session and study visas have priority over work permits. In contrast if you apply close to year end (October - even early november there is good chance of much faster response, because CIC is relatively free, plus they are trying to meet their yearly goals of having processed at least X number of applications. So i have seen them working very diligently towards year end. As opposed to this they are much relaxed and slower in the beginning of year etc.

So all these are just possible factors. Hope it helps.

ttj

Jul 20, 2014
Hi Flk,

I just completed my graduation back in May 2014 and then i started full time job as an Electrical engineer EIT. I'm on Work permit and i'm planing to apply for my spouse she is in Pakistan. I got married back in Dec 2013.

Can anyone guide me...? what you guys prefer online application submission or paper copy by mail.

Also please provide any Document list and reference cover letter just for reference purpose.

What you suggest me.....?I'm waiting for your response.

You can also contact me @ ttj_87@yahoo.com

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
ttj said:
Hi Flk,

I just completed my graduation back in May 2014 and then i started full time job as an Electrical engineer EIT. I'm on Work permit and i'm planing to apply for my spouse she is in Pakistan. I got married back in Dec 2013.

Can anyone guide me...? what you guys prefer online application submission or paper copy by mail.

Also please provide any Document list and reference cover letter just for reference purpose.

You can also contact me @ ttj_87 @ yahoo.com
First of all, apply online. That would be much faster than paper. When I applied for my wife, I did not provide any cover letter but the document only they ask me on my CIC. Thats all.

Except the basic document like Passport copy, medical and forms, I provided my work permit, funds proof and employment verification letter.

Best of luck.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ttj said:
Hi Flk,

You can also contact me @ ttj_87 @ yahoo.com

There is no submission by mail. Either you apply via VAC in Pakistan by going to their center in person (isb, khi or lhr) or you apply online. It is important for you to understand that it is your spouse who applies in both cases and her application is processed in Pakistan.

Other than the things already mentioned by canadacec123, i suspect that you are on a PGWP because of your degree from here. Then the most important thing in addition to a copy of your work permit would be a detailed letter from your employer explaining your job responsibilities and other details so it can PROVE you have a skilled job.

Please note, that for a SOWP you need to show your PGWP and show that you have a skilled job NOC 0, A or B.

Also because you have not been married for long, you should submit some additional proof of relationship (along with legal marriage document) to justify it is not a marriage of convenience such as wedding pictures, proof of contact - call, chat logs etc.

Lastly, a good picture of your spouse's profile i.e. her education, job if any or property if any would be positives.

Many of these are not requirements, but they help process your case faster making it a clear cut profile. And don't forget the police certificates.

darksiders

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17
Nomination.....
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2014
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
@fkl hello i already submitted my SOWP online and guess what i passed already on the medical exam they did not request since i already included on my application my PR medical request and already passed on it

the question right now is how long will be the processing time? and if you receive somehow a medical request or passed on it what are the chances for approval?

thank you @fkl

honey1212

Jul 21, 2014
APNE said:
HI after providing additional document almost 3 week still I did't get any update for spouse open work permit(onine) very tense ,expert pls help
hi Apne,

any update about your SWOP.

honey1212

Jul 21, 2014
fatindia said:
when did u submit ur application.....
i submitted on 2nd june paper based vfs bangalore....still today no updates.....
Hi Fatindi

any update from cic regarding your SOWP.

APNE

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
honey1212 said:
hi Apne,

any update about your SWOP.
What about u?when did u apply and from where ,is it was online or paper base?every embassy have their own processing time for example from delhi 4 month but mostly case people get sowp with one or two month.I am also worried

vijayanand

Apr 11, 2014
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
canadacec123 said:
First of all, apply online. That would be much faster than paper. When I applied for my wife, I did not provide any cover letter but the document only they ask me on my CIC. Thats all.

Except the basic document like Passport copy, medical and forms, I provided my work permit, funds proof and employment verification letter.

Best of luck.
When i apply for SOWP online, it says fees is 155 cad.

Does it include VISA + Work Permit or WP only?

honey1212

Jul 21, 2014
APNE said:
What about u?when did u apply and from where ,is it was online or paper base?every embassy have their own processing time for example from delhi 4 month but mostly case people get sowp with one or two month.I am also worried
Hi Apne,

i applied my application SOWP on 19 june but till date not get any update. It is paper base.

canfsw

Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charge: 28-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 26-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
10-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
SLU: 7-May-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015
Med's Done....
14-May-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
In Form IMM1295E (APPLICATION FOR OPEN WORK PERMIT MADE OUTSIDE OF CANADA), there is a question in Language section

Have you take a test from a designated testing agency to access your proficiency in English ?

Should i fill yes or no?

canfsw

Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
10-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
9-May-2015
Med's Done....
14-May-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
I have a OWP, but has never travelled to Canada

what should i answer for this question?

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

darksiders

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17
Nomination.....
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2014
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
according to CIC website new application for OWP is 14 days is that true? or 14 business days?

canfsw

Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
10-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
9-May-2015
Med's Done....
14-May-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
darksiders said:
according to CIC website new application for OWP is 14 days is that true? or 14 business days?
It is 14 business days