+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Satya009

Apr 24, 2017
Congratulation
hey Can you Please advise
what documents will be needed while travelling to Canada? my husband is planning to come this month end but i have no idea what documents will be needed.

he just have visa. are we getting any letter while application will be approved in CIC.?

Please advise.
yes we will receive Port of Entry letter once passport has been stamped with VIsa so we need to carry that letter along with passport. dont know about other travel docs. ..let me check with somebody else then i will get back to you..

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
yes we will receive Port of Entry letter once passport has been stamped with VIsa so we need to carry that letter along with passport. dont know about other travel docs. ..let me check with somebody else then i will get back to you..
Generally they just check the POE letter and visa/passport. Just make sure to keep your education or any work experience certificates handy, nothing else you need. Cheers!

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Please i need advice from more experiences people. Let me know the possibility of getting visa
Please reply
Hi mate, firstly, this thread is for SOWP, so most of the people here are not aware of the procedure you are looking for. You can share your details with me via message and Ill see what best we can do about it.

sdalwadi

May 2, 2013
Hi mate, firstly, this thread is for SOWP, so most of the people here are not aware of the procedure you are looking for. You can share your details with me via message and Ill see what best we can do about it.

Hi Gaurav
Thanks for reply
You says that i contact you via message
How can i message please guid me thanks again i wait your reply

rmpatel11

Mar 4, 2015
Finally, After long waiting time and frustration has come to an end.my wife work permit has been approved on 16th November

Submission Date - July 15th,2017(Online)
Medical done - August 12th,2017
Medical Uploading Date- September 2nd,2017
after tons of emails and help from Local MP
Medical Pass on - November 13th,2017
Passport Request - November 14th,2017
Passport Submitted - November 15th,2017
Status changed to Approved - November 16th,2017

For All those out there waiting for their application, I feel for you all and best of luck on your file Hope you guys get updates.

Thanks for your supports.
Parth Patel
Hi
Patel I am in same situation. How did MP help you? Still waiting for passport request for my husband medical is passed on December 8

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
I applied TRV visa for my spouse it got rejected however I applied GCMS notes, it took more than three months now I reviewed and applied SOWP on 25 of December. Does anyone know how long does it take to get medical request? although I am in Canada but that application would be considered as Outside Canada Application right? and previously we applied at the Chandigarh Office it seems to be very busy throughout the year. I just wanted to know where the file is being processed? help me please

KULAR_RAMAN

Dec 9, 2017
Hi guys,
I have applied for PR in sept 2016 and still waiting for MR. I added my spouse as dependent. Should we apply for Spousal open work permit, visitor visa or anything else? or should I wait for MR from CIC? Any suggestions please? Can i go visit him while waiting for PR, after quiting work and find something else when i will come back? I am so confused Please help...

nannu12

Jan 2, 2018
Hello Guys,
I have applied SOWP for my husband and 3 year old child on 28 November without upfront medical. Didn't get any update yet. Can anyone please tell, how long it normally takes in same situation.

yashhooda

Jan 8, 2018
NOT ABLE TO SEE PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP ICON FOR UPLOADING IN SOWP APPLICATION
hello guys please help i am not able to see proof of relationship icon in supporting docs for my owp application.
have i answered anything incorrect in questionnaire.
please help.
Thanks in advance.

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018
Dear all,
I have got work permit and my spouse got TRV from India. We are planning to travel in mid of February 2018. However I have also applied for Online Spousal Open Work Permit for my wife on 6th December 2017. No further updates yet for her visa. The visa processing time shows about 12 weeks as of today.
Can anyone help me with following questions
1) Anybody applied online in the month of December 2017 ? Whats the update?
2) As she has TRV , We could go to Canada but how to track OWP as its applied from India?
3) Can she try I.T jobs from India , now it self?

Many thanks

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi guys,
I have applied for PR in sept 2016 and still waiting for MR. I added my spouse as dependent. Should we apply for Spousal open work permit, visitor visa or anything else? or should I wait for MR from CIC? Any suggestions please? Can i go visit him while waiting for PR, after quiting work and find something else when i will come back? I am so confused Please help...
Hi there, do not quit your JOB. It may affect your PR file if a verification comes in after you have left the job. WHat is your status in canada and what is you job NOC code? If you are working under NOC code A,B or O. You can apply for Open Work Permit and Temporary Resident Visa for your spouse. You would be having a PNP i assume.