+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Charan1990

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I'm planning to do my masters in Canada sept 2018. Can I apply for Student visa and a dependent open work permit visa for my spouse together?
My consultant said, I should apply and get my student visa first and then after a semester I have to apply for SOWP and bring my wife into canada.
I have a 1 years old baby too.

What is the chance of rejection when I apply after my first semester. ?

Please give me some idea about it.
Even I was said so I did apply after my wife left INDIA.

There are cases where both of them got approvals as well when applied together. But this will give u peace of mind, whether u get or not u can know if before only.

But if u apply ur early and you gets it and after that when she apply's and she don't get the visa. then its like hell. And with a baby, i don't think thats a chance u should be taking.

Nadun85

Nov 28, 2017
SOWP APPROVED AFTER 5 REFUSALS: 2 Times Visitor Visa, 2 times SOWP and 1 UK Work Visa Refusal
Hello all,
I want to share my experience with you all,
My spouse's open work permit got approved yesterday after 5 refusals. I do recommend everyone to go to "Canadian Immigration Connections" Manprit Aujla-Grewal from Edmonton (Immigration Consultant). They are so reasonable.
My Timeline:
November 3, 2017- Applied online (with upfront medical)
November 15, 2017- Update- Medical passed and review of eligibility started
December 12, 2017- Original Passport Request
December 13, 2017- Passport Submitted.

Brief Description: Visitor visa was refused in March 2016 and May 2016. SOWP was refused in January 2017 and June 2017.
Thank god and all of you guys for your help. Please feel free to text me if you have any questions regarding SOWP. I will be more than happy to help.
May all of you hear something soon.
Cograts buddy wants to get some advice how can I get to you

mahinav

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
SOWP APPROVED AFTER 5 REFUSALS: 2 Times Visitor Visa, 2 times SOWP and 1 UK Work Visa Refusal
Hello all,
My spouse's open work permit got approved yesterday after 5 refusals. I do recommend everyone to go to "Canadian Immigration Connections" Manprit Aujla-Grewal from Edmonton (Immigration Consultant). They are so reasonable.
My Timeline:

Brief Description: Visitor visa was refused in March 2016 and May 2016. SOWP was refused in January 2017 and June 2017.
Thank god and all of you guys for your help. Please feel free to text me if you have any questions regarding SOWP. I will be more than happy to help.
congratulation,
I have a question,as I do not have access to CIC account.
My spouse had 2 rejections before 1 as visitor and second as sowp.
I have applied again on dec 7 with upfront medical
did you get an email that medical was passed or you have to go and check in CIC account?

ShaileshKeskar

Oct 29, 2017
Hello all,
My Timeline:

you applied SOWP in which category. I had ICT Skilled worker WP and have applied SOWP for spouse under skilled worker category.

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Hello all,
My Timeline:

Hi Twin,
Congratulations.
I have 2 SOWP Refusals before

Applied On - 27/02/2017
Type of Application - Online
Visa Application Center - Canada Embassy Abu Dhabi
Status as on 05/05/2017 - Rejected Application

Applied On - 27/05/2017
Status as on 07/11/2017 - Rejected Application

As per your recommendation I am thinking to apply through "Canadian Immigration Connections" Manprit Aujla-Grewal from Edmonton (Immigration Consultant). My wife is also working in edmonton.

How much they charge for the SOWP Application fees and their service charges? I would like to know the final amount.
Also what are the documents you both submitted?
And your spouse current location is in India?

Waiting for your kind reply.

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Dear All,

I am planning to apply SOWP for a 3rd time.
My doubt is how much fund we have to show in our bank account?

My wife is working in Canada, So how much CAD she has to show in her bank account?
My bank accounts in India So How much Amount I have to show in my bank account?

Is it Important that I have to show fund in the bank account for my SOWP application?

Last edited:

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Hello All,

I have 2 SOWP Rejections before.

I have few doubts regarding GCMS Notes application.

Application No.01 - SOWP Applied Online On 27-02-2017 / Status As On 05-05-2017 : Refused
Application No.02 - SOWP Applied Online On 27-05-2017 / Status As On 06-11-2017 : Refused

So today my wife applied for GCMS Notes for the Application No.02.

So my doubt is is it ok if she will apply for the GCMS Notes for the Application No.01, because both are 2 diffrenet applications with 2 different file number?

Thanks & Best Regards

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hi Twin,
Congratulations.
I have 2 SOWP Refusals before

Applied On - 27/02/2017
Status as on 05/05/2017 - Rejected Application

Applied On - 27/05/2017
Status as on 07/11/2017 - Rejected Application

As per your recommendation I am thinking to apply through "Canadian Immigration Connections" Manprit Aujla-Grewal from Edmonton (Immigration Consultant). My wife is also working in edmonton.

How much they charge for the SOWP Application fees and their service charges? I would like to know the final amount.
Also what are the documents you both submitted?
And your spouse current location is in India?

Hi dear.
They r so reasonable. They charge 1000 for their fee and 255 for cic fee.
U should have atleast 7-8 thousand in canadian dollars in ur bank account . N ir wife should have like 6 -7 thousand in her bank account.
Is ur wife on work permit? If yes is she working at skilled level? N does her ainp got approved???

Reactions: info78

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hello All,

I have 2 SOWP Rejections before.

I have few doubts regarding GCMS Notes application.

Application No.01 - SOWP Applied Online On 27-02-2017 / Status As On 05-05-2017 : Refused
Application No.02 - SOWP Applied Online On 27-05-2017 / Status As On 06-11-2017 : Refused

So today my wife applied for GCMS Notes for the Application No.02.

So my doubt is is it ok if she will apply for the GCMS Notes for the Application No.01, because both are 2 diffrenet applications with 2 different file number?

Thanks & Best Regards
Let me know if u need any help.

Reactions: info78

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
My Timeline

Applied SOWP (Online) on July 17.

Medical Req Nov 23.

Medicals Uploaded Nov 27.

PPR Dec 05.

Passport Sent
Online application. I did the application from Canada but my husband lives in India.
hi , u did it with your Gckey account or with your husbands Gckey account. I am getting prblm , i dont know how to apply online , either i do it myself for my owp or my wife should apply online for my owp with her GCkey account

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Sorry to hear about that man. I would definitely like to help.
I have a format that I used for my application. Its just been a month and a half that I submitted but some of my folks who used this format gor approvals.
Link me your email id, I will share it.
Best,
Shiv
Hi can u plss send me that format that u used . It will be so helpful for me. Thanks
My mail id - singhdhirendra17690@gmail.com

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Even I was said so I did apply after my wife left INDIA.

There are cases where both of them got approvals as well when applied together. But this will give u peace of mind, whether u get or not u can know if before only.

But if u apply ur early and you gets it and after that when she apply's and she don't get the visa. then its like hell. And with a baby, i don't think thats a chance u should be taking.
Hi charan bhai, can u tell me , what documents u gave with your application, it will be so helpful.

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Hi dear.
They r so reasonable. They charge 1000 for their fee and 255 for cic fee.
U should have atleast 7-8 thousand in canadian dollars in ur bank account . N ir wife should have like 6 -7 thousand in her bank account.
Is ur wife on work permit? If yes is she working at skilled level? N does her ainp got approved???

Thank you twin,
Yes she is on OWP, NOC B, AINP Approved-Yes.