+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hi ,
My husband did the medical exam today as requested by CIC.
So where i can submit the e-medical paper ?
Thank you in advance.
Hi dear,
Did you apply first time? can you tell your previous experience if you have any? because my spouse sowp got refused 2 times in the past, i have applied 3rd time now.

Reactions: Maheen Hanif

vel

Feb 9, 2013
Hi ,
My husband did the medical exam today as requested by CIC.
So where i can submit the e-medical paper ?
Thank you in advance.
You can't upload the Medical results on your own. The physician who did the medicals will send the report directly to CIC.

Once the report was sent, you can check the status in the CIC my application page.

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Applied 9 Oct
got medical request 22 Nov.
Now how much time it will take to get approved after medical .Any one who knew very well about the time and success?
Hello Dear,
Can you tell me if its the first time you had applied for sowp? or had u applied before as well?

setumehta

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
You can't upload the Medical results on your own. The physician who did the medicals will send the report directly to CIC.

Once the report was sent, you can check the status in the CIC my application page.
Thank you so much .

setumehta

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Hi dear,
Did you apply first time? can you tell your previous experience if you have any? because my spouse sowp got refused 2 times in the past, i have applied 3rd time now.
Hi,

I applied online from Canada and my husband is in India. But I believe the application goes to Delhi Embassy.

I applied for second time. When I applied first time I was a student in Canada and did not submitted the enough documents.
This time I have NOC B job and I am on work permit now.

So i read this thread on daily basis and I applied by my self for spouse.
The major point I have is My husband had a 6 month visitor visa which we got after the first rejection of spouse work permit. He came to Canada and went back home after a month. And may be that created a good history.

Other than this I submitted the regular documents. And as i can read it here my job letter does not have NOC code mentioned or anything.
But my visa are not approved yet.
I just received the medical request. My timeline as below:
Application Submitted: 21st October
Medical Request : 18th November
Medical Done: 23rd November

Now waiting for next step.
If you need the list of documents let me know.

Thanks.

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hi,

I applied online from Canada and my husband is in India. But I believe the application goes to Delhi Embassy.

I applied for second time. When I applied first time I was a student in Canada and did not submitted the enough documents.
This time I have NOC B job and I am on work permit now.

So i read this thread on daily basis and I applied by my self for spouse.
The major point I have is My husband had a 6 month visitor visa which we got after the first rejection of spouse work permit. He came to Canada and went back home after a month. And may be that created a good history.

Other than this I submitted the regular documents. And as i can read it here my job letter does not have NOC code mentioned or anything.
But my visa are not approved yet.
I just received the medical request. My timeline as below:
Application Submitted: 21st October
Medical Request : 18th November
Medical Done: 23rd November

Now waiting for next step.
If you need the list of documents let me know.

Thanks.
Thank you so much for the information.
I am also on work permit right now and working in Noc B and my nomination has already been approved, Also, i got my PR file number, i attached it with my application. I do not know if this is good enough reason for the approval.

Simar71011

Mar 21, 2017
Hi,
Application Submitted 24 July 2017
Medical request 23 Nov 2017.
Did anybody have rough idea, how long it take to get PPR

Thanks

Shivanshu05

Jan 27, 2015
Hi people,

My timeline is below:

Applied on : 27 Sep, 2017
Received Medical Approval on : 28 Oct, 2017
Received PPR on : 17 Nov, 2017
Submitted Passport on : 20 Nov, 2017
Received Passport on : 24 Nov, 2017

In all less than 2 months

Applications Highlights:
> Applied Online with upfront medicals
> Relationship proof: Marriage certificate with spouse's passport stating name change
> Employment letter stated NOC category and Skill Level
> Provided address proof for Canada

Word of advice:
Try to build your supporting documents very straightforward and arrange them in the right flow. So that it is easier for CIC to go through your file and make some sense out of it. Always remember, the more easy and straightforward your file is, the more easily you will get the approval.
Make sure to provide enough information on each supporting document for them to accept it.

I DID NOT USE ANY CONSULTANT OR A LAWYER !!

mahinav

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi people,

My timeline is below:

Applied on : 27 Sep, 2017
Received Medical Approval on : 28 Oct, 2017
Received PPR on : 17 Nov, 2017
Submitted Passport on : 20 Nov, 2017
Received Passport on : 24 Nov, 2017

In all less than 2 months

Applications Highlights:
> Applied Online with upfront medicals
> Relationship proof: Marriage certificate with spouse's passport stating name change
> Employment letter stated NOC category and Skill Level
> Provided address proof for Canada

Word of advice:
Try to build your supporting documents very straightforward and arrange them in the right flow. So that it is easier for CIC to go through your file and make some sense out of it. Always remember, the more easy and straightforward your file is, the more easily you will get the approval.
Make sure to provide enough information on each supporting document for them to accept it.

I DID NOT USE ANY CONSULTANT OR A LAWYER !!
congratulation,

could you plz list the all the documents that you attached.
how many funds did you spouse show in Canada?
I am planning to reapply on dec 1
got 2 refusals, one in visitor visa and second in sowp.

milimili

Jun 8, 2014
I am an international PhD student and we want to apply for SOWP for my husband, who is a PhD student in our home country. So, it means that he is unemployed. Is there a chance to get SOWP in these circumstances?

karatepu

Aug 4, 2015
Hi,

I applied online on September 6, I got my study permit on 1 week. from my account I applied for my husband's open work permit..but so far no updates. We don't need any medical examination. I checked the status online that says We are reviewing your application since last Monday.
A friend called on my behalf the call center and they did no start to review the eligibility yet(!!)

Where can I find the approx. processing time?

Thank you!