+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Pandey013

Sep 10, 2016
You should have received an email stating the requirements. Typically, they look for relationship related documents. i.e. marriage certificate, the day you first met, wedding photos, honeymoon, outings, chat/call logs, emails if that's your way. They will ask specific details from each of these. They may ask for the description, how many people attended your wedding, honeymoon place and timeline, general photos of you two, identify people in the wedding photos and what is your relation to you or to your spouse. Make sure you have clear answers and timeline ready to pitch at them. Don't get scared, but don't confuse them either. Be brief and maintain relevance. If they want to verify your relationship, you better answer to prove that you are right and authentic.

Also, my wife was asked to bring tax documents and payslips as we submitted in those in the application. She is working and we included those. They had minor confusion so they asked to bring documents related to it. She answered and clarified everything to them. It went well. We are at medical exam stage now.

Don't worry. They are very friendly people and if you are right and authentic, things will go smooth for sure. Usually, it takes about 15 mins for an interview.
How do we show the chat history during visa interview? Can we directly show the mobile (for whatsapp) or carry a laptop (for hangout) or we need to take printout of chat history.

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hi,

I have also applied for SOWP as online application. Yesterday I got interview request. Did your wife also got interview request before passport submission?? If yes will you please share her experience?
Hi Gowtham,

No. She didn't have an interview. We had submitted close to 20 photos of our wedding. It included the Traditional ceremony pics, family pics, reception pics and few casual pics. There were many who asked us to show as many pics as possible since CIC is looking beyond the marriage certificate.

Reactions: prajaktabakare

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
I linked mine after 1 month.
Thank you.

I tried today and able to link and shows medical passed, application in progress

Applied : May 09, 2017
Medicals: Upfront

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Finally from someone from desh. Well I applied on 13 march, did biometric but that's all. No other update. Though my wife applied for me from Canada
Hey. I guess we have to wait a minimum of 3 months. Is your wife working?

DEEPpreet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
india
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
i submited application again:
submitted (Paper Based) at chandigarh vfs on 31 May

any update of may applicants with paper application

Aug 1, 2016
Hey guys.... i applied for sowp on 17th april... did upfront medical tests and sent the e-medical report to my lawyer on 27th april so that he can upload it. He said he uploaded it but i dont know what went wrong and i received a mail from cic for medicals on 5th june. Lawyer said maybe the e-medical was not properly attached or maybe the format was wrong.. he said he will again attach the e-medical and will submit it... so my ques is will that medical report be enough or ill have to take out the print out of the form that cic sent and go for medicals again???

Please share your views..
Lawyer said that the medicals are valid for 1 year so we can submit them anytime and the file will be processed

rahman2

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Nomination.....
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Hi everyone,
Here is the status of my wife's application. Any opinion?.
Applied online on 14 march 2017. Waiting for medical :(

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics Completed. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

razanain

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Hey guys.... i applied for sowp on 17th april... did upfront medical tests and sent the e-medical report to my lawyer on 27th april so that he can upload it. He said he uploaded it but i dont know what went wrong and i received a mail from cic for medicals on 5th june. Lawyer said maybe the e-medical was not properly attached or maybe the format was wrong.. he said he will again attach the e-medical and will submit it... so my ques is will that medical report be enough or ill have to take out the print out of the form that cic sent and go for medicals again???

Please share your views..
Lawyer said that the medicals are valid for 1 year so we can submit them anytime and the file will be processed
Send it yourself to be sure via webform.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

razanain

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Hi everyone,
Here is the status of my wife's application. Any opinion?.
Applied online on 14 march 2017. Waiting for medical :(

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics Completed. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
mine is almost same

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
One more got approved: :)
Here is the time line:
Applied online on 14th April (Delhi)
Medical request: 30th May
Passport Request: Yesterday

razanain

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
hellowhich country have u applied and what are the current processing times there??
I applied from UAE, and processing times is around +/-14 weeks

Jun 9, 2017
Hi, I applied for spouse open work permit on April 6 and today received email for interview. Just wanna know is it normal or something went wrong. Please help.

Alfaz

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
I have created the group especially for SOWP Feb onwards applicants. I hope we should all stay in touch in a one platform in order to get the latest updates. Kindly join by following link.

This group is having good number of people exclusively SOWP. Here you would find answers instantly.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/IfgO87qW8TOCAinYkZQVHj

mahinav

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
hi everyone,
i have applied for my husband on april 12 , no updates after that.
i saw someone's got approved who applied on 14 april.
i have also applied for bowp on same day, no updates on that app too.
can anyone tell me how long i have to wait for sowp application, or it will process once i got my bowp approved?