Feb 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Interv

interview on 12 June
You should have received an email stating the requirements. Typically, they look for relationship related documents. i.e. marriage certificate, the day you first met, wedding photos, honeymoon, outings, chat/call logs, emails if that's your way. They will ask specific details from each of these. They may ask for the description, how many people attended your wedding, honeymoon place and timeline, general photos of you two. Make sure you have clear answers and timeline ready to pitch at them. Don't get scared, but don't confuse them either. Be brief and maintain relevance. If they want to verify your relationship, you better answer to prove that you are right and authentic.

Also, my wife was asked to bring tax documents and payslips as we submitted in those in the application. She is working and we included those. They had minor confusion so they asked to bring documents related to it. She answered and clarified everything to them. It went well. We are at medical exam stage now.

Don't worry. They are very friendly people and if you are right and authentic, things will go smooth for sure. Usually, it takes about 15 mins for an interview.

mananpatel

Feb 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
You should have received an email stating the requirements. Typically, they look for relationship related documents. i.e. marriage certificate, the day you first met, wedding photos, honeymoon, outings, chat/call logs, emails if that's your way. They will ask specific details from each of these. They may ask for the description, how many people attended your wedding, honeymoon place and timeline, general photos of you two. Make sure you have clear answers and timeline ready to pitch at them. Don't get scared, but don't confuse them either. Be brief and maintain relevance. If they want to verify your relationship, you better answer to prove that you are right and authentic.

Also, my wife was asked to bring tax documents and payslips as we submitted in those in the application. She is working and we included those. They had minor confusion so they asked to bring documents related to it. She answered and clarified everything to them. It went well. We are at medical exam stage now.

Don't worry. They are very friendly people and if you are right and authentic, things will go smooth for sure. Usually, it takes about 15 mins for an interview.
Online Application Date: March 15, 2017
Without upfront medical.
Visa Office: New Delhi.
Email and call notification for an interview: May 25, 2017.
Interview Date: June 1, 2017.
Medical Request: June 1, 2017.

Anindo

Feb 26, 2017
When I checked on CIC processing times for Bangladesh Work permit, it has changed from 9 weeks to 8 weeks yet I hear that a few February applicants did not receive any updates yet. Any idea? Why would they say 8 weeks then?

Finally from someone from desh. Well I applied on 13 march, did biometric but that's all. No other update. Though my wife applied for me from Canada

Anindo

Feb 26, 2017
Hi A14altimate,

I understand you situation, preparing documents is always pain in the ass, also what make it worse is there are no specific rules or agenda to follow for preparing the supporting documents. So try to put as much as details/proofs so that its make easier for immigration officer to make the decision. Its always better to include both, bank account statements - at least last 6 months and Job offer letter (letter should state you are on full time, permanent, working hours, hourly salary and detailed Job description)
Hi, I think I'm in a unique situation. My wife wanted a foreign degree so she applied and got visa before our marriage. We dated a year though. The problem is she's from Vietnam and m from Bangladesh. We got married in Bangladesh and got our marriage certificate certified by BANGLADESH government and Vietnam embassy. We applied for OWP on 13 march and still waiting for an update. We only had the biometric taken.

And we only dropped marriage certificate, visa form and passport details accordingly CIC, we applied form Canada in online.

Now bit confused after going through this thread as everyone submitted so much papers and even photos. One thing for sure everyone applied here are from Bangladesh and India.

Shred some light please

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Hi all,
Latest update on one I got today.
Applied on Apr 3rd 2017 (Online application) to High commission New Delhi
Medical Request: May 23, 2017
Passport Request: June 5, 2017
:)

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Online Application Date: March 15, 2017
Without upfront medical.
Visa Office: New Delhi.
Email and call notification for an interview: May 25, 2017.
Interview Date: June 1, 2017.
Medical Request: June 1, 2017.
What all questions they asked in interview? My interview on 12th june

mananpatel

Feb 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
What all questions they asked in interview? My interview on 12th june
You should have received an email stating the requirements. Typically, they look for relationship related documents. i.e. marriage certificate, the day you first met, wedding photos, honeymoon, outings, chat/call logs, emails if that's your way. They will ask specific details from each of these. They may ask for the description, how many people attended your wedding, honeymoon place and timeline, general photos of you two, identify people in the wedding photos and what is your relation to you or to your spouse. Make sure you have clear answers and timeline ready to pitch at them. Don't get scared, but don't confuse them either. Be brief and maintain relevance. If they want to verify your relationship, you better answer to prove that you are right and authentic.

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hi friends,

My wife's TRV was refused twice (Nov 2016, March 2017) So we went for SOWP since I'm on a PGWP here in Canada.

Here is the timeline:

Online Application Date: April 12, 2017
Upfront medicals
Request for Passport: June 3, 2017 (About 7 weeks from the date of application)
Passport Submitted: June 5, 2017

Currently waiting for the passport.

Friends who require any inputs reg. SOWP please feel free to drop me a message. I'll be more than happy to help.

Jun 6, 2017
Hi friends,

My wife's TRV was refused twice (Nov 2016, March 2017) So we went for SOWP since I'm on a PGWP here in Canada.

Here is the timeline:

Online Application Date: April 12, 2017
Upfront medicals
Request for Passport: June 3, 2017 (About 7 weeks from the date of application)
Passport Submitted: June 5, 2017

Currently waiting for the passport.

Friends who require any inputs reg. SOWP please feel free to drop me a message. I'll be more than happy to help.
Hi,

I have also applied for SOWP as online application. Yesterday I got interview request. Did your wife also got interview request before passport submission?? If yes will you please share her experience?

gowtham88

Jan 30, 2017
Hi all,

Firstly thanks to everyone for having this forum for helping others.

Forgive me if I am re iterating question which might have already discussed.

My wife is in Canada working in intra company transfer work visa, working as computer programmer. Now I came to Canada with dependent Visa and I am planning to apply for open work permit, could someone please help me with steps.

I am a software developer with 7+ years of exp outside Canada.

Thanks in advance.