+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Hi.I have applied for my husband work permit on march 21/2016 through online through lawyer.My husband is in india.No updates still.Wats the processing time?

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
nshakelly said:
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do

Use this link for payments
Thanks, do i have to make separate payments for pr app and open work permit application? Means will inhave 2 separate receipts?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
omolola said:
Hi all need help. my husband applied spoual open work permit along with my on september 4, 2015. i got my December 24, 2016 but up till now my husband which.is outside canada has not got his permit yet. mean while my husband got a visiting VISA to usa can he applied for visitor VISA to come see me in canada or can we flag pole. im a clinic manager working full-time or do we have option of flag pole
He is outside Canada so likely his application will be processed at the embassy of his current country of residence and processing time from there would apply. Although CIC has claimed to abolish country specific processing times and can load balance app processing, I don't expect that to suddenly happen for all cases.

Yes if your spouse gets a visitor visa to enter Canada, then he can probably flag pole and get wp there (assuming your job as a clinic manager fulfills the criteria of being a skilled job). But if he currently doesn't have visitor visa to Canada, I suspect it wont be easy to get that on your basis.

i.e. a short term visit isn't his true intention and CIC routinely sees and refuses that. They would process him as your dependent whether he applies SOWP or resident trv - both would take same processing time.

Having a US visitor TRV might be a positive factor on his file. But still that doesn't mean getting a visitor trv to Canada will be straight forward. They evaluate intent very thoroughly and only approve it for a genuine short term visitor to Canada mostly.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
lakshmikoppala said:
Hi.I have applied for my husband work permit on march 21/2016 through online through lawyer.My husband is in india.No updates still.Wats the processing time?
Currently it would take 1-3 months.

In the mean time, keep checking your mycic account for your application status.

I would say its bit early to expect an outcome for an online application.

Good luck

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
thanks so much. even if they are processing outside canada thenprocessing time for his country is three months and that has pass. so confused on what to do

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
My brother is pr, his wife is on student visa that expires in june 2016, she is applying for spousal visa from within canada along with open work permit. What if her work permit does not arrive before june? Dies she have to leave canada? What will happen to her pr application then?

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
GreenHak said:
Currently it would take 1-3 months.

In the mean time, keep checking your mycic account for your application status.

I would say its bit early to expect an outcome for an online application.

Good luck
Greenhawk, were you able to link your application to MYCIC account ?

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Hammer said:
Greenhawk, were you able to link your application to MYCIC account ?
Nope. None of us could do it. I think we should raise a technical issue to CIC.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Hi guys,
I have a question, I am aware that I am not on the right article but it's pretty generic may be anyone of you have some knowledge on the Demerit points for speeding. Does it anyhow affect the PR application(haven't filled yet but soon). Today I got a ticket and is wondering to get in touch with xcops to fight for it. I can pay the ticket but it will add 3 demerit points to my license. If its nothing to do with my PR application I can just go ahead and pay the ticket instead of fighting for it.
Just nervous please advice.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Raj19 said:
My brother is pr, his wife is on student visa that expires in june 2016, she is applying for spousal visa from within canada along with open work permit. What if her work permit does not arrive before june? Dies she have to leave canada? What will happen to her pr application then?
SOWP is not for spouse of a PR. It is only for spouse of those on study or work permits.

Assuming her application for PR was submitted in land i.e. from inside Canada, she is eligible for a simple open work permit (based upon her PR).

Since she has applied before the expiry of current permit, she should be on implied status, given her PR is already in process.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Navprateek said:
Hi guys,
I have a question, I am aware that I am not on the right article but it's pretty generic may be anyone of you have some knowledge on the Demerit points for speeding. Does it anyhow affect the PR application(haven't filled yet but soon). Today I got a ticket and is wondering to get in touch with xcops to fight for it. I can pay the ticket but it will add 3 demerit points to my license. If its nothing to do with my PR application I can just go ahead and pay the ticket instead of fighting for it.
Just nervous please advice.
There is no absolute information about this. But generally speaking CIC only looks for criminal records and I don't think a mere speeding ticket qualifies as one.

If you were speeding why / how would you fight for it? If you contest it and found guilty, it might escalate a bit too - may be just in terms of fine, but I am not very certain about details. Hope you are aware.

Although I have known of more severe cases, e.g. some body who was here on a work permit, was found and charged for DUI. His work permit was cancelled and he was deported. In case some one doesn't know, DUI is driving under influence i.e. drunk driving.

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Hi guys,

A quick question based on medical..

I do not know how it works.. How does the processing go? Are there any chances of getting a refusal after we've sent our medicals even though we pass our medical? Is requesting for medical a second stage for processing? So what exactly are the stages of visa processing?

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
sthomas9345 said:
Hi guys,

A quick question based on medical..

I do not know how it works.. How does the processing go? Are there any chances of getting a refusal after we've sent our medicals even though we pass our medical? Is requesting for medical a second stage for processing? So what exactly are the stages of visa processing?
If you got a medical request and you submit the same on time, you can strongly believe that your file is moving fast and more likely you will get your passport request in the near future.

Application submission (without passport and medicals) ---> Medical Request ----> Update medical result online (passed/need further testing) ---> Passport request ----> Approval Email----> Passport dispatched

pama

May 10, 2015
Thank God...Finally its approved :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It was a long waiting, we applied spouse work permit on august 27th 2015. my husband( Indian citizen) is working in abu dhabi , even-though we mentioned country of applying is India,application processed in Abudhabi visa office since his country of res is Abu dhabi.We send a case specific inquiry in February 1st asking about the status of application because the processing time (7 months) is over. got reply after few days that they cannot process it within the time due to huge number of applications and may take longer.my husband visited abudhabi visa office and the security didnt allow him to enter inside and given a email to send enquries.So it was quite sure that it wont be getting next few months.With the existing application again we applied on february 17th without mentioning that his country of res is abudhabi.application processed in banglore visa office. medical passed in 5th march, got passport request - 4th april, application approved - 14th april.Abu dhabi application automatically cancelled once it got approved .
we were not expected it will get approve because of two appication processing at same time,but Gods grace it approved.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pama said:
Thank God...Finally its approved :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It was a long waiting, we applied spouse work permit on august 27th 2015. my husband( Indian citizen) is working in abu dhabi , even-though we mentioned country of applying is India,application processed in Abudhabi visa office since his country of res is Abu dhabi.We send a case specific inquiry in February 1st asking about the status of application because the processing time (7 months) is over. got reply after few days that they cannot process it within the time due to huge number of applications and may take longer.my husband visited abudhabi visa office and the security didnt allow him to enter inside and given a email to send enquries.So it was quite sure that it wont be getting next few months.With the existing application again we applied on february 17th without mentioning that his country of res is abudhabi.application processed in banglore visa office. medical passed in 5th march, got passport request - 4th april, application approved - 14th april.Abu dhabi application automatically cancelled once it got approved .
we were not expected it will get approve because of two appication processing at same time,but Gods grace it approved.
congratulation!!!
so you submitted a second file in India without mentioning about the country of residence as UAE?
Did you mention that you have submitted the online application.
What all the documents did you submit for paper based..
I am in same situation. Applied online mentioning country as INDIA but file transfer to Abu Dhabi..

I would really appreciate your help!!

Thank you!