+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
hi every1, do add my wife's timeline.

Applied on 15th Feb 2016 (paper - INDIA)
VFS says under process..

I am in london,ont working in NOC B with PGWP expiring on 2018.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
faizy786 said:
How many paystubs do I have to submit for spouse wp I am on pgwp
Technically only Job offer in a skilled position should be enough too. But if you are already working, it makes sense to submit the most recent pay stub before the date of SOWP application. If you are really cautious, may be add a previous one too.

Vik_Ig

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Dear all!
My husband is in Canada with work permit and going to stay there till 31/12/2017. I'm in Ukraine now. Can I submit an application for open work permit using his job offer and is there any chances to stay there till the end of his contract

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Vik_Ig said:
Dear all!
My husband is in Canada with work permit and going to stay there till 31/12/2017. I'm in Ukraine now. Can I submit an application for open work permit using his job offer and is there any chances to stay there till the end of his contract
Depending upon what type of work permit he has. If its a Post graduate work permit, he needs to have a skilled job offer (NOC 0, A or B). Only then you are eligible for SOWP.

If its a LMIA based work permit already with a job offer, then wp alone is sufficient for you to be eligible for SOWP though obviously in that case too, he has a skilled job.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
khushm27 said:
Anyone who applied in February from India got any updates?

None of the February applicants from India got any update.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Netz said:
hi every1, do add my wife's timeline.

Applied on 15th Feb 2016 (paper - INDIA)
VFS says under process..

I am in london,ont working in NOC B with PGWP expiring on 2018.
Hi,

Your 2 months time will complete tomorrow. So you can send case specific enquiry for the consulate to know the status of the application.

Asma12

Apr 13, 2016
fkl said:
Every thing else GreehHak as well as b4Ahmad said is true except one aspect.

Your spouse doesn't need to have received PGWP and worked for x or y length of time to apply for a SOWP.

Technically you both could apply together for his PGWP + your SOWP if he has a skilled job offer along. So the day he can apply for PGWP and he already has a skilled job offer along, you can apply for SOWP along with him and submit as a single application.

Your current application most likely will be lost / refused or might even be issued for a very short time. I am not exactly sure of how CIC responds to individual cases as such. But even if you get a SOWP, it cannot be valid beyond your spouse's study permit expiry which is less than 6 months.
so do you prefer me to apply again with my husband PGWP or wait for the reply of previous application and send case specific enquiry?
He will apply for PGWP in the 1st week of may as he will receive his transcript by that time.

ssuresh1985

Jul 5, 2015
Hi,

Someone has messed up with the spreadsheet we opened to keep track of all our cases.

Guys, please who ever did that.. We are a bunch of people here waiting for our results very anxiously.. Please do not mess things up hea..

ssuresh1985

Jul 5, 2015
The person who ever changed it had edited all our results as approved.. And added the comment "Congratulation all of you are approved. I removed it and have changed the spreadsheet back to how it was. Please edit if ur information has changed.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Asma12 said:
so do you prefer me to apply again with my husband PGWP or wait for the reply of previous application and send case specific enquiry?
He will apply for PGWP in the 1st week of may as he will receive his transcript by that time.
If you haven't received a decision by the time he applies (in which case you apply along with him again), you should submit a case specific inquiry with proof of his PGWP application plus his job offer.

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Hi all need help. my husband applied spoual open work permit along with my on september 4, 2015. i got my December 24, 2016 but up till now my husband which.is outside canada has not got his permit yet. mean while my husband got a visiting VISA to usa can he applied for visitor VISA to come see me in canada or can we flag pole. im a clinic manager working full-time or do we have option of flag pole

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Can someone send me the link by which i can pay my spouse Pr, sponsorship and open work permit fees together

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do

Use this link for payments