App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 12, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30,2015
butterfly11 said:
Hi Everyone!

Anybody here applied for SOWP submitted Nov-December 2015? Any response yet from the visa office? Thanks ;)
where did you apply?

loomingtiger

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 12, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30,2015
butterfly11 said:
Hello loomingtiger!

Paper application, VFS Hong Kong, Filipino passport for my fiance. Applied December 4th, hopefully by January will get some update.
check processing time, for my wife, i submitted online together with mine, i got mine already but for my wife until now no update. submitted last Oct 12.

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My wife got her medical call for SOWP in In mid November. She got her Medicals done on 3rd December. CIC has not updated the application till now. Is that normal? I thought this part of the process would be a bit faster.. Any ideas how long does it take after the medical is done usually? on average?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mfm said:
Hi All,

My wife got her medical call for SOWP in In mid November. She got her Medicals done on 3rd December. CIC has not updated the application till now. Is that normal? I thought this part of the process would be a bit faster.. Any ideas how long does it take after the medical is done usually? on average?
Should be, did you verify with the medical practitioner that the results have been forwarded to the embassy? Is your medical facility submitting results on line or still manually?

Usually you should hear back in a month. In most cases 15 days, unless there is some thing unusual i.e. some thing not right in medical results or CIC is busier than usual.

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
FKL!!

Yes, the Medical Centre was in Islamabad. There is just one place in whole ISB that does these tests, a very badly managed place. I had to wait for 3 hours outside in the open sun, since they did not have waiting rooms and i wasnt allowed to accompany my wife inside the facility. There were plastic chairs well connected to iron rods so that they cant be taken away and they charge around 7000rs. You get a free locker though. There is a PTI office right outside... I met Asad Umar there!!

Any how back to the topic...

They say that they forwarded the results after two days. Another member told me his situation, which is same as mine so i m guessing HAPPY HOLIDAYS has started!!

Happy Holidays...
Cheers

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mfm said:
Hi
FKL!!

Yes, the Medical Centre was in Islamabad. There is just one place in whole ISB that does these tests, a very badly managed place. I had to wait for 3 hours outside in the open sun, since they did not have waiting rooms and i wasnt allowed to accompany my wife inside the facility. There were plastic chairs well connected to iron rods so that they cant be taken away and they charge around 7000rs. You get a free locker though. There is a PTI office right outside... I met Asad Umar there!!

Any how back to the topic...

They say that they forwarded the results after two days. Another member told me his situation, which is same as mine so i m guessing HAPPY HOLIDAYS has started!!

Happy Holidays...
Cheers
Hi mfm,

Well yes it is IOM Pakistan with 3 centers in the major cities and unfortunately due to illegal pressures and bribes and what not, they are way too much paranoid resulting in poor experiences of their clients. Once they hire people of the same lot to control this scenario, things get out of hand.

I have had experiences of similar category a few years ago in Karachi where we went as a family with 3 kids (2 toddlers) and spend 3-4 hours while the guards were insistent that we are not allowed to take their milk / or any food item inside (including pampers / baby bags). It took a good deal of effort and finally talking to some nursing staff inside to get this through.

I would advise you to double check if your results are actually sent. You have to be patient to do that. The process is to call on IOM's number around either midday or early morning hoping some body would eventually pick up and would be willing to check it for you. Don't tell them when you did medicals. Just give your passport or if asked UCI / medical tracking number what ever they ask and say i need to know the status of my medicals. If they say results have been sent, ask for date.

Otherwise they have habits of just telling people that their results were sent with in 2 days or a week of medicals done - which is mostly true but occasionally could have hung on. So you only get to validate that once some body looks at your record in their system.

Good luck and happy holidays to you too.

aditi_001

Dec 22, 2015
Hi,

I am getting confused with lot of information and need some clarification. My PR under CEC is under process and I have closed work permit valid until Aug 2016. I am getting married on Jan 16, 2016 and I would like to call my spouse in Canada right after marriage.
- I am currently working under NOC category 0714
- I have work permit valid until Aug 2016
- I am getting my marriage registered in Court on Jan 18, 2016

Under what grounds I can call my husband here. Can I apply Open Work permit for him? Do I have to be in Canada while applying OWP in India? Do I have to wait for some time after marriage or can apply right after our marriage? What is the difference in getting TRV and OWP from India.

Please advise.

aditi_001

Dec 22, 2015
aditi_001 said:
Hi,

I am getting confused with lot of information and need some clarification. My PR under CEC is under process and I have closed work permit valid until Aug 2016. I am getting married on Jan 16, 2016 and I would like to call my spouse in Canada right after marriage.

Under what grounds I can call my husband here. Can I apply Open Work permit for him? Do I have to be in Canada while applying OWP in India? Do I have to wait for some time after marriage or can apply right after our marriage? What is the difference in getting TRV and OWP from India.

Please advise.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
aditi_001 said:
Hi,

Please advise.
You have several possibilities depending upon when your PR process gets completed vs when you get married.

a) A spouse of a skilled worker is eligible for SOWP provided the job is skilled - i.e. NOC 0, A or B. Yours is, so you can apply for his SOWP immediately after marriage.

b) However, the other option is to add him to your PR application via notifying CIC. When you had applied for PR it clearly tells you that you immediately need to notify CIC of a change in your circumstances, primarily marriage. You can do this even if your PR has been approved i.e. you have received COPR but you haven't landed yet but gotten married now.

c) You have landed as a PR and get married after that. In that case your spouse is no longer eligible for SOWP and you have to apply for Spousal Sponsorship which could take a long time. Recently there have been suggested changes of granting work permits to Spouse of PRs but it is not in place yet and Spousal sponsorship can take any length of time since that is not processed via express entry.

So the best course of action for you is first b) and then a). Avoid c) at any cost.

This translates into

1. If you receive COPR before getting married, just delay your landing, get married and then intimate CIC of change i.e. marriage. They are going to ask for all documents of your spouse as well as medicals. Once that is done they would issue you a new COPR.

Careful though, if there is a problem in your spouse's medical or any thing else, you might be denied PR entirely.

2. If your PR still remains in process and you get married, just add your spouse to your PR application. If it seems to be taking too long, your spouse can get a SOWP meanwhile.

However, depending upon where you are applying from, currently SOWP might take equal or longer than EE based PR process. So this may not be of any use.

But if your spouse is from a visa exempt country, he might get a work permit at the border when landing in Canada.

Lastly, do not try to delay informing CIC in any way of marriage. The truth always prevails and is the best course of action. But if you don't want to risk/delay your PR because of your spouse, you can always delay your marriage until your PR is completed and landed.

The disadvantage is that spousal sponsorship after that will take a long time and he will not be eligible for SOWP, unless CIC puts new rules in practice.

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi Fkl it will be great if you can advise something regarding my situation.

My spouse got an email on 9th December 2015 stating a final decision has been made on his file and passport is required for the completion. He submitted it on the same day and opted to pick up the passport. It's been 10 working days but no response online tracking says being process at chandigarh visa office. There isn't any specific time for the process on website. It will be great if anyone can advise what to do.

Regards
Vagaur

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
vagaur said:
Hi Fkl it will be great if you can advise something regarding my situation.

My spouse got an email on 9th December 2015 stating a final decision has been made on his file and passport is required for the completion. He submitted it on the same day and opted to pick up the passport. It's been 10 working days but no response online tracking says being process at chandigarh visa office. There isn't any specific time for the process on website. It will be great if anyone can advise what to do.

Regards
Vagaur
Hi Vagaur,

I don't know if there is any thing else you need to do except monitoring the tracker. Its only 22nd which is like not even 15 days since you received email. Add to it the time it took for your passport to reach there. Its barely 10 days. It is likely that you would get it back with in a week to 10 days max (might be a little off due to holidays towards year end.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the checklist for SOWP online in which one of document is Request for Medical, but there is no form or anything what needs to be uploaded in that place.

Thanks for the help!

loomingtiger

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 12, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30,2015
rkapoor said:
I got the checklist for SOWP online in which one of document is Request for Medical, but there is no form or anything what needs to be uploaded in that place.

Thanks for the help!
If you've done upfront medical, you will be given by the clinic a form which you will attach when you apply for work permit.