+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Visa rejected under Section 205(c)(ii)

Armrarl

Jun 20, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am a student in canada. I did applied for my husband's visa first time on feb 27th. But it got rejected due to section 205c(ii) & cannot establish as spouse. Later on the month of april we again applied for this but they refused it again telling that ircc will give 15 days to submit a letter from our side, otherwise they will ban us for 5 years. We were married on june 2019 and our marriage was like temple marriage( marriage registered in muncipality) without any photos except our pics during our honeymoon. Can anyone help us from this????

Last edited:

rankle86

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Hi,

My SOWP has been refused and belowis the reason.
I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

I show almost 7000$ in my account and 4 lakh in my wife’s account.

any suggestions

harshmp3

Jul 4, 2020
Let me explain it in detail how it works.
I have had experienced two refusals for the same.
205 c (ii) is a regulations under which it specifies multiple factors.
To make sure you do satisfy the requirements you need must submit the required forms plus,
If you are on Work permit: Latter of employment with full roles and responsibilities, out of which few must match the NOC code's responsibilities.
If you're a student, get enrollment later from institutions, must include you are a full time student and fees payment receipts.

I believe other documents can be submitted as required, but these you should take extra care with.

Tanmay0123

Aug 30, 2020
I’m working full time, having NOC B job in Canada. My wife applied for SOWP and she got rejected under section 205 c (ii).

What to do now??

what could be the reason?

I’m hopefully going to get invitation to apply for Permanent Residency by 15 days.

so what should i do?

1. Do i need to apply for SWOP again as my PR process will take more than that??

OR

2. I can file for her “Visitor Visa”. So she can accompany me soonest.

OR

3. I should wait until our PR get processed (as we have applied together)

So confused..!! Please Help Me..!! Thank you so much in advance ..!!

Happy1064

Jul 3, 2020
I’m working full time, having NOC B job in Canada. My wife applied for SOWP and she got rejected under section 205 c (ii).

What to do now??

I’m hopefully going to get invitation to apply for Permanent Residency by 15 days.

so what should i do?

1. Do i need to apply for SWOP again as my PR process will take more than that??

OR

OR

Firstly, you should apply Caips notes to get exact reason of refusal. Now processing approx 15 days and $5 dollar fees CAD

SOWP is best category For spouse.

if you want to apply for visitor then your spouse should have strong ties with home country ( property her name, salary more than 50k etc)

every application is process according to eligibility.

my suggestion- you should apply application now without waiting of PR.

apply under sowp is best category

good luck

Reactions: Tanmay0123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

What to do now??

so what should i do?

OR

OR

Did you only get married recently? Have you spent a lot of time in person dating or after marriage to prove your relationship? Was this an arranged marriage where you haven’t been able to spend much time together in person or living together?

Tanmay0123

Aug 30, 2020
Firstly, you should apply Caips notes to get exact reason of refusal. Now processing approx 15 days and $5 dollar fees CAD

if you want to apply for visitor then your spouse should have strong ties with home country ( property her name, salary more than 50k etc)

good luck

good luck
I’m afraid of applying again as i have read so many comments that “nowadays rejection ration for the SOWP is so higher. Even I don’t know the time it will take next time to get results. This time it has taken around 3 months. So I thought in such period i can get Visitor approval for my wife easily.
Is that no way to get visitor visa with some property documents and bank balances under her name to demonstrate good ties of my spouse to india?

Tanmay0123

Aug 30, 2020
Did you only get married recently? Have you spent a lot of time in person dating or after marriage to prove your relationship? Was this an arranged marriage where you haven’t been able to spend much time together in person or living together?
After your questions i think i got my answer.
i found her on matrimonial website where we have decided to get married in just couple of weeks of talking over the phone.

i have been to india after just 3 months of i get to know her for my marriage and came back after getting married 25 days.

Is that rejection is related to those factors?? As I didn’t find anything related to that in lines of that section.
And if yes, then how would i prove genuineness of my marriage next time?

Happy1064

Jul 3, 2020
I’m afraid of applying again as i have read so many comments that “nowadays rejection ration for the SOWP is so higher. Even I don’t know the time it will take next time to get results. This time it has taken around 3 months. So I thought in such period i can get Visitor approval for my wife easily.
Is that no way to get visitor visa with some property documents and bank balances under her name to demonstrate good ties of my spouse to india?
Actually SOWP applications are hold because of covid.
application totally depend on how strong documents are

If visitor? Then you should have good availability of funds which will cover your spouse’s stay in Canada or you and your spouse will not become burden on canadian govt.

If your spouse has no sufficient funds in account,
Your can attached Father and Father in law Affidavits for sponsor for trip and balance certificates along with your bank statement

good luck

Tanmay0123

Aug 30, 2020
Actually SOWP applications are hold because of covid.
application totally depend on how strong documents are

If visitor? Then you should have good availability of funds which will cover your spouse’s stay in Canada or you and your spouse will not become burden on canadian govt.

If your spouse has no sufficient funds in account,
Your can attached Father and Father in law Affidavits for sponsor for trip and balance certificates along with your bank statement

good luck
I have 30,000 CAD in canada and from india, she will be able to show around 5,00,000 INR.
Will it be sufficient for getting visitor visa?

how i can prove her strong ties to India except bank balance? (As she is not working anywhere right now)

Happy1064

Jul 3, 2020
I have 30,000 CAD in canada and from india, she will be able to show around 5,00,000 INR.
Will it be sufficient for getting visitor visa?

how i can prove her strong ties to India except bank balance? (As she is not working anywhere right now)
Source and Proof of funds? In indian account

if job then show pay slips

if no job and business then she can show gifted money form father’s and Father in law’s account
With transfer record by bank (not case)

your affidavit with cover whole cost of her trip

it will be beneficial if she has property her name but it does not matter so far....

vignesshh

Aug 6, 2019

What to do now??

so what should i do?

OR

OR

Before taking any decisions, it is better you apply GCMS notes and understand the actual reason for rejection. Section 205 c (ii) is a common section under which SOWP is rejected. I had the exact same case as you, and with good advice I waited for the GCMS notes which takes around 15-20 days to receive, understood the reason for rejection and re-applied. Thankfully I got it the second time.

Reactions: JAS131313

Tanmay0123

Aug 30, 2020
Before taking any decisions, it is better you apply GCMS notes and understand the actual reason for rejection. Section 205 c (ii) is a common section under which SOWP is rejected. I had the exact same case as you, and with good advice I waited for the GCMS notes which takes around 15-20 days to receive, understood the reason for rejection and re-applied. Thankfully I got it the second time.
Hi..

I didn’t get this. Can u please explain?
What is the difference between ATIP Vs. Caips Notes Vs. GCMS notes?
I mean where i need to apply and whom?
Which is preferable between those 3?