Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) Timelines in Quebec

FraKra

Nov 7, 2023
Québec
Category........
FAM
Yes many times contacted with Ircc and talked to MP

Everyone is saying you are under normal processing time
Yea thats what they are telling me about my PR application too. Just happy that the SOWP is done and I can work at least while waiting for the PR.
How is your SOWP going?

sharon Gill

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Yea thats what they are telling me about my PR application too. Just happy that the SOWP is done and I can work at least while waiting for the PR.
How is your SOWP going?
yhh My husband has open work permit for 2 years

but it is totally ridiculous that processing time is just 9-10 months out of Quebec and we are here for 26 months omg

FraKra

Nov 7, 2023
Québec
Category........
FAM
yhh My husband has open work permit for 2 years

but it is totally ridiculous that processing time is just 9-10 months out of Quebec and we are here for 26 months omg
I don't get it why tho. CSQ I had within a month....so I don't understand that difference in processing times. Totally unsatisfying

sharon Gill

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
I don't get it why tho. CSQ I had within a month....so I don't understand that difference in processing times. Totally unsatisfying
Acc to me everything is done but they are just not sending the approval letters

even they sent us pre-arrival too

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
In my experience contacting IRCC and MP does little to nothing. Perhaps be different for others. It is frustrating that contacting MP does nothing, certainly there was no expectation of special treatment but when processing of something goes beyond the stated time (referring to the OWP) it owuld be nice if they had a bit more of an explanation as to why it is taking so long to accomplish.

Ironman12

Feb 21, 2019
In my experience contacting IRCC and MP does little to nothing. Perhaps be different for others. It is frustrating that contacting MP does nothing, certainly there was no expectation of special treatment but when processing of something goes beyond the stated time (referring to the OWP) it owuld be nice if they had a bit more of an explanation as to why it is taking so long to accomplish.
Any update for your SOWP? I am in similar situation. I applied in Oct 2023 and no updates since then.

Ironman12

Feb 21, 2019
No updates yet. I did submit another request to our MP asking for more information as to why it is still processing. I'll post any updates I get.
Btw I just submitted a request to my MP asking for more information. Any news on your side?

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Btw I just submitted a request to my MP asking for more information. Any news on your side?
Posted this in another thread earlier today:
Just heard back from our MP. They say IRCC says the timeline doesn't apply in our case because it involves a restoration of status which makes no sense. My wife has been on a valid visitor record the entire time in Canada. So what status needs to be restored. Her current visitor record is valid until the end of this year.

We're going to call IRCC to see if we can get more information.

Ironman12

Feb 21, 2019
Posted this in another thread earlier today:
Just heard back from our MP. They say IRCC says the timeline doesn't apply in our case because it involves a restoration of status which makes no sense. My wife has been on a valid visitor record the entire time in Canada. So what status needs to be restored. Her current visitor record is valid until the end of this year.

We're going to call IRCC to see if we can get more information.
I feel like they can throw any reason to your face to justify their incompetency. . this is absurd. And what would be the "processing time" for the restoration? Did they provide any timeline? I could not find the processing time for restoration

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
I feel like they can throw any reason to your face to justify their incompetency. . this is absurd. And what would be the "processing time" for the restoration? Did they provide any timeline? I could not find the processing time for restoration
No timeline was given. It makes no sense to me.

Ironman12

Feb 21, 2019
No timeline was given. It makes no sense to me.
My MP got back to me two days ago saying the bureau (CTD-E) haven't processed my application yet. They are is still working on applications received before August 17th.
It is weird because we've seen people from this stream with application submitted way after august and got approved.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
My MP got back to me two days ago saying the bureau (CTD-E) haven't processed my application yet. They are is still working on applications received before August 17th.
It is weird because we've seen people from this stream with application submitted way after august and got approved.
It is very confusing. We are not passed 6 months since applying so going to be contacting out MP again as well as calling IRCC.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Waiting on a reply from our MP and also going to be calling IRCC again this afternoon. IRCC processing time for initial work permits in Canada is 97 days and we are sitting at 191 days.