+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) Timelines in Quebec

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Hello all,

I am curious about others experience with applying for SOWP in Quebec. We applied in early October 2023 with zero updates as of the positing of this thread. The processing time for work permits (initial and extension inside Canada) was at 101 days I last checked a few days ago. Feel free to post your timeline as the processing time doesn't differentiate processing time for differing work permits nor if different work permits do, in fact, have differing processing times.

Cryingfor help

Aug 30, 2023
Hello all,

I am curious about others experience with applying for SOWP in Quebec. We applied in early October 2023 with zero updates as of the positing of this thread. The processing time for work permits (initial and extension inside Canada) was at 101 days I last checked a few days ago. Feel free to post your timeline as the processing time doesn't differentiate processing time for differing work permits nor if different work permits do, in fact, have differing processing times.
hey,
We applied for SOWP in November 2023 and got approved in January 2024. Processing office was Edmonton. It is now 18 months since outland PR was submitted.

FraKra

Nov 7, 2023
Québec
Category........
FAM
I applied 03.12.2023 and got approval letter on the 14th of February. Currently waiting for my OWP in the mail

FraKra

Nov 7, 2023
Québec
Category........
FAM
Which province? Seems people are getting theirs much faster than we are.
Im in Québec close to MTL. You?
My PR hasn't been touched since 2nd June lol I passed medical and since then it's stucked at Background check.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
My PR hasn't been touched since 2nd June lol I passed medical and since then it's stucked at Background check.
Montreal. Medical, Bio, Eligibility and Background have been done since March 2023 and AIP in July 2023. Our case isn't complicated remotely either.

FraKra

Nov 7, 2023
Québec
Category........
FAM
Montreal. Medical, Bio, Eligibility and Background have been done since March 2023 and AIP in July 2023. Our case isn't complicated remotely either.
Did you receive your OWP already? You know 6 weeks after approval you can call IRCC and tell them you didnt receive it??
So frustrating since I already have a job offer and could work right away as soon as I receive the OWP and got my sin at the Service Canada...BTW always go to Service Canada in Person for a SIN you will get your SIN right away. Doing it online means you have to wait.

Reactions: sonicpingo

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Did you receive your OWP already? You know 6 weeks after approval you can call IRCC and tell them you didnt receive it??
So frustrating since I already have a job offer and could work right away as soon as I receive the OWP and got my sin at the Service Canada...BTW always go to Service Canada in Person for a SIN you will get your SIN right away. Doing it online means you have to wait.
no OWP yet, have contacted IRCC ourselves and via our MP to only be told it's in progress and have to wait.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
no OWP yet, have contacted IRCC ourselves and via our MP to only be told it's in progress and have to wait. Submitted SOWP in October 2023.

FraKra

Nov 7, 2023
Québec
Category........
FAM
Just been to the Mail and my OWP was there Hope you get yours soon too. Mine came from Edmonton

sharon Gill

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
our situation i exactly same

File hasn't been touched after July 8 we got pre-arrival on that day