+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) Timelines in Quebec

sharon Gill

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Waiting on a reply from our MP and also going to be calling IRCC again this afternoon. IRCC processing time for initial work permits in Canada is 97 days and we are sitting at 191 days.
We applied in Aug 2022 with my husband's sponsorship file and we got his OWP in Feb 2024

Could you imagine

no choice

Thanks

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
We applied in Aug 2022 with my husband's sponsorship file and we got his OWP in Feb 2024

Could you imagine

no choice

Thanks
no choice?

We applied for sponsoship in OCt 2022 and for SOWP in Oct 2023. Applying for SOWP was delayed cause it was so unclear how to get to the application for SOWP

Ironman12

Feb 21, 2019

Could you imagine

no choice

Thanks
So it took them a whole 19 months to come up with a decision for a freakin OWP ? These timelines make no sense. I don't understand why this is even allowed.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Any update for your OWP?
We called the IRCC call centre and they said they would make a note on the file and they said they saw a note on the file from our MP stating it is taking longer than the posted processing time. No word yet from our MP. So to answer your question, not really.

Reactions: Ironman12

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Got an update from the MP office, we applied over 200 days ago. IRCC informed our MP office that the current processing time for such an application is 93 days yet nothing with our application has been done, that is they have not done any processing of our application yet despite it being in their hands for over 6 months.

Ironman12

Feb 21, 2019
Got an update from the MP office, we applied over 200 days ago. IRCC informed our MP office that the current processing time for such an application is 93 days yet nothing with our application has been done, that is they have not done any processing of our application yet despite it being in their hands for over 6 months.
This is terrible! So what did they tell you they are going to do now ?

any update for your PR application recently? Looks like Quebec applications submitted in oct 2022 are getting email now.

Last edited:

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
This is terrible! So what did they tell you they are going to do now ?

any update for your PR application recently? Looks like Quebec applications submitted in oct 2022 are getting email now.
The MP said to contact them again in 10 business days if we have received any further updates either from them or from IRCC themselves. It seems they really don't have a solid justification for the delay in processing the work permit application.

For the PR application, they had no new updates but according to IRCC: the application looks good and that the"deadline" as related to processing time is in the beginning of October. Would be great if they could finish either one of the applications soon.