+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Refused:2014

rifsim1216

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
hi
my husband is on work permit which is expiring in mid of 2016. we have registered under PR express entry but have not received ITA yet.

I Applied spousal open work permit paper application submitted from India on 22nd january 2015 and received refusal letter on25th march 2015

Documents submitted

1. Passport photocopy
2. Education certificates (masters and bachelors certificates and degree)
3. Back home job experience letter
4. Police clearance certificate
5. Medical
6. Marriage certificate and name change affidavit
7. IELTS (6 bands average)
8. Husband's work permit PGWP
9. His job reference letter [NOC B], offer letter
10. his and my Pay slips
11. his and my Bank statement of 15k CAD and 1 lakh around rupees
12. Invitation letter mentioning he would take responsibility

They have made mark on the below given 2 Reasons of refusal-

You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in
Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development
Canada to begin this process.

2. purpose of visit

My question to you is

How would we reapply again to make case stronger??
Spouse open work permit do not need any offered employment with LMO we believe.

Would really appreciate your help

Apr 24, 2015
hi everyone out there. I will b grateful if could get ur valuable advise.

my wife is planning to apply to canada thru inscol academy for her nursing course for 2 years with work permit for 3 years. I want to apply for open work permit with her. What all is requirement for same. & what are the success chances. Do in need to show funds also along with ?

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
Harpreet Nahal said:
hi everyone out there. I will b grateful if could get ur valuable advise.

my wife is planning to apply to canada thru inscol academy for her nursing course for 2 years with work permit for 3 years. I want to apply for open work permit with her. What all is requirement for same. & what are the success chances. Do in need to show funds also along with ?
HI Harpreet, you may apply for your OWP app along with your wife's study permit app itself. However, the chances of the same going through are slim. Nevertheless, all cases are processed on individual merit, funds being only one of the requisite. YOu would need to show that you have strong ties to your country financially, professionally and that you would return to your country at the end of your approved stay.

Manav79

May 16, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I applied my SOWP on 31 January,2015..Online application without medicals..Haven't received any update or reply till date. Wot should i be doing??

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
we recieved my husband passport today and unfortunatley we had rejection stating that we need to apply for visa first and VO is not satisfied that my husband does not meet the requirements and he wont leave the canada by the end of his stay.

Dpakhaniya

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-09-2016
AOR Received.
Jan-09-2016
indianstudent said:
Thanks to all here in this forum. My spouse got visa and open work permit approved. The application was made on 27 October, 2014 in VFS Global, Chennai and got the open work permit approval letter on 30 October, 2014. I was really surprised. Was processed in two days. FYI, this time the application was processed in CIC Bangalore. Thanks to you all, again. :)
Thats really good..
I have some weird case.. Right now i am on restoration period in canada and i will apply for visitor record to stay in canada. I did one year study in canada then i got Open work permit for 1 year. In this time i came to Alberta and got full time job and applied for PNP but due to high processing time it took too long. They open my file right after 2 days of my work permit expiry.so they rejected PNP. So to renew they say i need LMIA but it was also rejected. My job was for Pharmacy Technician in Shoppers drug mart.
So right now i am on restoration period which expire on may 25. I will apply for visitor.
My question is.. I am thinking to go back to india and get marry. then my wife will apply for study permit and i will apply for SOWP from india.
or she can get study permit and she come here then i will get marry here and apply for SOWP from here.

which will be good..please help me...my employer wants me any how and he is applying for LMIA again but as a second option i am thinking this...please suggest...