+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Refused:2014

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
rekha88 said:
Hi IND_CAN,
There are two ways SOWP can be applied.
1) Either your husband can apply for you SOWP in canada (online\paper based) where in you would send him your documents
2) You can apply for SOWP in India where in you submit all the required documents of your husband's in your application.

Regards,
Rekha Anem
Doesn't matter if her husband does the application online in Canada. Her country of residence will determine which Visa office processes the application. A paper application could not be submitted for her in Canada.

IND_CAN

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
P3: thanks for the info. hope for a speedy visa for you.:) Where in canada did you husband apply?

Rekha: thank you for your reply. yes. my husband opted for the 1st option.

Heema: thanks for the reply. Just want to know where in canada did your lawyer apply?

Butterflychemist: I did not get what you are trying to say.

Also if my husband applied in canada so the process will take place in canada immigration office and then i submit medicals and passpost at the delhi visa office on request by the canada immigration. that's how it is right????

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
IND_CAN said:
P3: thanks for the info. hope for a speedy visa for you.:) Where in canada did you husband apply?

Rekha: thank you for your reply. yes. my husband opted for the 1st option.

Heema: thanks for the reply. Just want to know where in canada did your lawyer apply?

Butterflychemist: I did not get what you are trying to say.

Also if my husband applied in canada so the process will take place in canada immigration office and then i submit medicals and passpost at the delhi visa office on request by the canada immigration. that's how it is right????
@ IND_CAN no that's not how it works. You husband can submit the application but you would still be the applicant. Also, you would have to sign forms authorizing your husband or a lawyer (different forms in each case) in order for them to submit the application on your behalf. Your country of residence, that is, the visa office responsible for where YOU legally LIVE at the time of application will determine which visa office processes your application.

If you were in Canada as a visitor ( temporary resident) then your application could be processed there but as you are not, then your application would be processed in India.

p3

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th March 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals passed on 10th March 2015
Hey IND_CAN my husband applied from calgary, alberta through his lawyer

IND_CAN

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Butterflychemist: A very complicative explanation by you yet again.
Lets just say my husband applied the application, of course i'm the applicant( I did sign some paper and sent them to my husband). Where ever the process takes place, be it canada immigration office or delhi visa office. My medicals and passport will be submitted (after i get the request for them) at the delhi visa office as delhi visa office is closest to my residence.

P3: Can i have you email id? we could talk there for a better conversation.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
IND_CAN said:
Butterflychemist: A very complicative explanation by you yet again.
Lets just say my husband applied the application, of course i'm the applicant( I did sign some paper and sent them to my husband). Where ever the process takes place, be it canada immigration office or delhi visa office. My medicals and passport will be submitted (after i get the request for them) at the delhi visa office as delhi visa office is closest to my residence.

P3: Can i have you email id? we could talk there for a better conversation.

@IND_CAN You say complicated but it seems you understood me just fine. Good luck

p3

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th March 2015
Med's Done....
Hey IND_CAN, sure we can definately talk through email...my email id: princywaghdharep3@gmail.com

p3

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th March 2015
Med's Done....
Hey IND_CAN sorry my email id was wrongly typed...its princy.waghdharep3@gmail.com

Preetjas

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
IND_CAN said:
Preetjas, Pl share your timeline. When and where did you apply?
I applied online on 27 February through my paralegal advisor from Ontario with upfront medical ..medical passed after 5 days ..after that no reply

p3

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th March 2015
Med's Done....
Oops is this you avi kaur? :p Sry i dint knw it was you who mailed me

IND_CAN

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
p3 said:
Oops is this you avi kaur? :p Sry i dint knw it was you who mailed me

Yes, P3. nevrmind! :)

Any update anyone? I'm beginning to get restless a little bit. i did not submit my medical along with applications. Hope that's no issue.