+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Refused:2014

Swati26122011

Sep 13, 2012
I am applying for SOWP.

I have got my upfront medical done recently.

I intend to add the name of my husband on my passport in the spouse's name column in order to solidify the proof of my marriage along with the marriage certificate i provide.

Now this would change my passport id and when the application is submitted would conflict with my proof of identity given in the upfront medical exam.

Thus my question is would this create any problem or would they not consider this mild change as alarming as i fear.

Plz help its urgent.

Adii11586

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27, 2016
Nomination.....
May 26, 2015
AOR Received.
August 17, 2015
Med's Request
March 4, 2016
Med's Done....
CIC Received (March 18, 2016)
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2016 but PP received on June 10, 2016
LANDED..........
June 11, 2016
Hi,

Before starting my query I just want to give a brief background of my status in Canada. Currently I am on my PG work permit which is expiring on November 4, 2015 but my PG work permit is extendable as it was issued according to my passport expiration. I also get my provisional nominee from Saskatchewan (SINP) on May 27, 2015 and I submit our (Me and my wife) application for permanent residence on June 4, 2015 and still waiting for File number and Medical.

On February 27, 2015 my wife have submit her application for SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT on my post-graduate work permit. When my wife was submitting her application she went through an eligibility assessment by CIC in which it was mention that she can apply. According to Policy I should have NOC "A", "B" or "0" category job, which I have (NOC "B"), then they required work permit to be minimum of 6 month when you are applying, as at that time which was approximately 8 month work permit and remaining 4 month will be issued on my renewed passport.

After approximately 5 long months on July 22, 2015 she got a refusal from CIC with a reason that my work permit is expiring on November 4, 2015 and according to SOWP policy my work permit should be more than 6 months but at the time of application submission my work permit is more than 6 months and on other hand my work permit clearly state that it can be further extended.

I also submit my SINP nominee letter to them through case base inquiry but still it doesn't make any impact to her application.

Now I need some sort of guidance and advise for further process.

Naxer

Sep 27, 2015
heema said:
Hi all

My open work permit got approved for the third attempt . My husband is a student and my first two applications got rejected. Third time I applied in through a immigration lawyer and it was online application.

I know how bad it feels when we are away from our spouses. I advise to go through good lawyer. I approached two different lawyers .the first one wasted huge amount of money and done nothing. Please do a good research on lawyers and proceed.

Hope this information may be helpful

Thank you and good luck

Hi, may I know the name of the good lawyer who processed your application? My husband also got rejected for SOWP. And how much is the immigration lawyer fee? Thank you

aji_nair

Sep 29, 2015
heema said:
Hi all

My open work permit got approved for the third attempt . My husband is a student and my first two applications got rejected. Third time I applied in through a immigration lawyer and it was online application.

I know how bad it feels when we are away from our spouses. I advise to go through good lawyer. I approached two different lawyers .the first one wasted huge amount of money and done nothing. Please do a good research on lawyers and proceed.

Hope this information may be helpful

Thank you and good luck
can you send me the contact details of your Lawyer?

aji_nair

Sep 29, 2015
indianstudent said:
Thanks, Rajan. Here is the list. I am not sure whether you will have to submit all these documents, but i did.

Spouse's Documents - Principal applicant

Cover letter
Resume
Degree certificate
Previous employment offer letters and reliving orders
Notarized property document
Letter in response to the refusal of previous application
Relationship background letter
Wedding photos
Wedding invitation
Marriage certificate
Photos from other visits
Travel itineraries
Police clearance certificate
Pre-medicals
Rejection letter from CIC

My Documents

My support letter for my spouse
Letter of employment
Confirmation of employment
Record of employment
Pay stubs
Passport - India
Temporary Resident Visa
Post graduation work permit
My degree certificate received in Canada
Proof of funds - bank statement
Canada tax returns - 2013
Engineer-in-Training certificate
Engineering experience record

It is not a requirement to add all these documents. To make our case stronger, I had to add all these.
Hi,
How did you do the medicals and police clearance before getting the request from cic?

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hi Indian Student,

May I know if you state in the cover letter of your application explaining about your first refusal when you reapply?
My fiance got rejected only for the reason that we did not demonstrate that we are in a common law relationship. I know I made a mistake in
filling up the IMM5409, but evidences wise I believed we have enough actually tons..that we lived together from 2009-2012 and on going long distance relationship until now.

Do you think I need to explain about my mistake. Or just reapply and dont state it in the cover letter?

Thank you..

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hi Mandy,

Can you please help me how did you apply online for SOWP? I am trying to do that but the visa and work permit application is not showing up together online.
We applied paper application in VFS Hong Kong and my partner got refused.
Please help..I will try to re apply online

belde

Dec 11, 2015
Re: Spouse Open Work Permit

Hi

My husband is on work permit and he is working as a service representative (Foreign Exchange Dept) for a bank and im planning to apply for open work permit but we are not sure in which NOC my husband falls under .
His job description is "Fulfill routine and occasionally non-routine transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer

inquiries/ requests, and/or audit/ reconciliation activities efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and

industry standards, focusing on up to a one-month time horizon. Follow procedures to resolve standard and

relatively straightforward internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries requests

non-routine issues to more senior team members and/or manager."
I wanted to know his NOC basing on his job description and if in case if he donot fall under NOC 0 A or B is there any other source to apply for open work permit.
Can anyone help me with this.

Thank you.

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi Everyone

My spouse got an email on 9th December 2015 stating a final decision has been made on his file and passport is required for the completion. He submitted it on the same day and opted to pick up the passport. It's been 7 working days but no response online tracking says being process at chandigarh visa office. There isn't any specific time for the process on website. It will be great if anyone can advise what to do.

Regards
Vagaur

Mohit_ind

Dec 18, 2015
Hi guys... Seems some real advisors here.

Firstly I would like to brief you all with my case.
My wife is in canada on a study permit with my 14 month old daughter for next two years for her PG.
I hold a valid visitor visa for canada too.
I am a post graduate in management but have no job experience as since beginning I am into business.
I am a self employed person dealing into imports of recyclable meta scrap for india and neighboring countries which is mainly a brokerage between big mills and scrap yards in various countries. My travel history is great with over 25 trips overseas to all developed developing and under developed ones.

Now I need to apply for SOWP as firstly my daughter is not able to settle down properly in the day care so my wife badly needs me to stay for some time until she finishes her PG, secondly with a SOWP I can well do my trade too from canada as even canada is a source for our supplies.
My question here is should I enter canada and then apply for SOWP or should I apply for the same from my india and then visit canada.
Lastly my wife's aunt is in canada who's a citizen since last 35-40 years and she had actually sponsored my wife's stay n expenses and will happily send any document or letter of sponsorship for my application too. She is well settled and owns property in canada which is just occupied by my wife n her.
Would love to have your valuable response on my situation.
Thanks well in advance.

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
vagaur said:
Hi Everyone

My spouse got an email on 9th December 2015 stating a final decision has been made on his file and passport is required for the completion. He submitted it on the same day and opted to pick up the passport. It's been 7 working days but no response online tracking says being process at chandigarh visa office. There isn't any specific time for the process on website. It will be great if anyone can advise what to do.

Regards
Vagaur

Hi Vaguar, how's your application? Got your passport back?

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
butterfly11 said:
Hi Vaguar, how's your application? Got your passport back?
Hi Butterfly11

No We haven't heard from CIC yet. i sent an email to Delhi Immigration as they were the once who asked for passport but no response from there as well. Its really stressing me out now as its been 3 weeks now and on website it says passport returns in 7 working days. We also got a call from cic delhi and were unable to answer it and when we called back operator advised if it's something important will get a call back and its been 2 weeks now nothing back from them yet. Fingers crossed for positive result for this wait.

Good Luck

Vagaur

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi Everyone

I just want to share my case of SOWP. I applied for my spouse SOWP on the basis of my PNP I have NOC C job and post grad work permit. My spouse got rejection within a month stating reason Spouse NOC which was an error( as the rules got changed after the rejection on 9th november). I sent an email to program manager at New Delhi in India and we received an email for passport request they have changed the status to open. So guys never lose hope it was our 3rd time that we applied for SOWP and this time we got it approved after the rejection.
Timeline

Applied online : 7th october 2015
Medical Passed : 10th October 2015
Rejection : 4th November
Sent email for reconsideration ( Reason was error in law ) : 13th November program manager Delhi India ( Ms. Shannon Fraser )
Got file reopen : 9th Dec
Passport request : 9th Dec
Passport Submit : 9th Dec
Passport dispatched : 6th Jan
Online update : Approved 6th Jan
Passport Received : 7th Jan

Good Luck

Vagaur

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Please give me advice. My partner's SOWP application has been refused the 2nd time for the reason of "Purpose of visit and family ties"

I believed we have submitted everything to make our application stronger.

He applied with my AOR attached for my PNP application, is it because they are thinking he will not go home because I attached him with my PR application?

Please give me insight about this. How do we ask for reconsideration?

aprillee

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
butterfly11 said:
Hi Everyone,

Please give me advice. My partner's SOWP application has been refused the 2nd time for the reason of "Purpose of visit and family ties"

I believed we have submitted everything to make our application stronger.

He applied with my AOR attached for my PNP application, is it because they are thinking he will not go home because I attached him with my PR application?

Please give me insight about this. How do we ask for reconsideration?

did you find a solution? Did you apply for a third time?