+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Refused:2014

mandy tour

Apr 27, 2018
Hi,
I applied for my husband for open work permit on August 22, 2018 and the immigration refused the file on November 20, 2018 saying that you have not demonstrated that you meet the requirements of an open work permit under section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations.

Please help me. I want some advice. Even, my agent now applied for CAIPS.
hi i also applied for my husband on 12 nov 18 and today got refusal and the reason is same as yours. We are in same boat. Please let me know what is written on your CAIPS whenever you get that.

karandhanju

Jan 28, 2019
CANADA
Hi,

i had applied for my spouse's open work permit and got rejection. :( as i have attached all the required documents as per guidelines.
the reason they gave is other reasons 205(c)(ii) regulations.
we had attached primary work permit holder's work permit,
passport,
marriage certificate,
letter from employer,
pay stubs from last one month,
letter from both side for acknowledge,
sufficient funds on both side.
etc.

can any one help me what changes we can make in our next application.

Thanks
Karan

mayankk1991

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
I have applied on 4th January 2019, offline for Sowp. Got rejection today with the following reasons "You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirement of a work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the regulation.

please suggest how to proceed further.

mandy tour

Apr 27, 2018
Hi,
I applied for my husband for open work permit on August 22, 2018 and the immigration refused the file on November 20, 2018 saying that you have not demonstrated that you meet the requirements of an open work permit under section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations.

Hi.. what fees your agent charge from you for CAIPS?Can you please tell me because my agent asking for 150$ fees for CAIPS

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi.. what fees your agent charge from you for CAIPS?Can you please tell me because my agent asking for 150$ fees for CAIPS
1. Why in earth would you pay some $150? If you know someone in Canada, you can authorize them to obtain them for $5 or if you don't know anyone, you can get it through one of the commercial companies like Caipsnotes is $40.

mandy tour

Apr 27, 2018
Hi

1. Why in earth would you pay some $150? If you know someone in Canada, you can authorize them to obtain them for $5 or if you don't know anyone, you can get it through one of the commercial companies like Caipsnotes is $40.
Hey thanks for you reply. Currently i am in canada as a student. So i can apply for CAIPS on behalf of my husband right?

newUser111

Jul 30, 2018
hi i also applied for my husband on 12 nov 18 and today got refusal and the reason is same as yours. We are in same boat. Please let me know what is written on your CAIPS whenever you get that.
Hi there,
I am in the same boat. The reason given is that they are not satisfied with my spouse's part time job NOC B job condition. They have also mentioned that they dont think my job contributes to PR or citizens as a skilled job and also that i havnt provided my job offer letter.
There was no such condition for spouse to prove his/ her job to be as a skilled job.Neither they asked for spouse's job offer letter in the online application.
Wondering what you are going to do next? Reapply for work permit or restore your status as a visitor?

newUser111

Jul 30, 2018
Hi,

Hi there,
I am in the same boat. The reason given is that they are not satisfied with my spouse's part time job NOC B job condition. They have also mentioned that they dont think my job contributes to PR or citizens as a skilled job and also that i havnt provided my job offer letter.
There was no such condition for spouse to prove his/ her job to be as a skilled job.Neither they asked for spouse's job offer letter in the online application.
Wondering what you are going to do next? Reapply for work permit or restore your status as a visitor?

mejithujoseph

Apr 4, 2019
Thanks to all here in this forum. My spouse got visa and open work permit approved. The application was made on 27 October, 2014 in VFS Global, Chennai and got the open work permit approval letter on 30 October, 2014. I was really surprised. Was processed in two days. FYI, this time the application was processed in CIC Bangalore. Thanks to you all, again. :)
How did you apply? Can you please help me. My spouse sowp refused twice.

Apr 25, 2019
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

· I am not satisfied that your relationship is genuine and that your marriage was not entered with the purpose of obtaining a work permit in Canada. I am not satisfied that you meet the definition of spouse and therefore you don’t meet the requirements.

· You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process.

please help me

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

· I am not satisfied that your relationship is genuine and that your marriage was not entered with the purpose of obtaining a work permit in Canada. I am not satisfied that you meet the definition of spouse and therefore you don’t meet the requirements.

· You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process.

please help me
It’s pretty clear what their problem is. They believe you got married solely to get a work permit. Everything else written is a result of that belief. You need to submit more information that your relationship is genuine. Maybe pictures, correspondence between you two that show you have a genuine relationship, especially, if possible if it shows that relationship before your spouse came to Canada.

Show anything to the officer to demonstrate your marriage isn’t one of convince and you will get your permit.

Apr 25, 2019
It’s pretty clear what their problem is. They believe you got married solely to get a work permit. Everything else written is a result of that belief. You need to submit more information that your relationship is genuine. Maybe pictures, correspondence between you two that show you have a genuine relationship, especially, if possible if it shows that relationship before your spouse came to Canada.

Show anything to the officer to demonstrate your marriage isn’t one of convince and you will get your permit.
Hi,

This is our second time we got refused we got married in 2016 and my wife came to Canada in 2018. We submitted all documents such as: Passport
wedding explanation letter,
after marriage photos (100),
chat, screenshots of calls
call details,
sufficient funds in our joint account- CA report,
Evaluation( property) ,
adhaar card of my wife which reflecting my home address, marriage certificate.
My wife's document:
Job letter
Passport copy
Bank statements
Transcripts of college
Enrollment letter
Visa status
Salary slip
Sin copy
Now what else we should do to get approval this is very sad moment for us we are separeted like this..Please us advice to get success please.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
What
Hi,

This is our second time we got refused we got married in 2016 and my wife came to Canada in 2018. We submitted all documents such as: Passport
wedding explanation letter,
after marriage photos (100),
chat, screenshots of calls
call details,
sufficient funds in our joint account- CA report,
Evaluation( property) ,
adhaar card of my wife which reflecting my home address, marriage certificate.
My wife's document:
Job letter
Passport copy
Bank statements
Transcripts of college
Enrollment letter
Visa status
Salary slip
Sin copy
Now what else we should do to get approval this is very sad moment for us we are separeted like this..Please us advice to get success please.
If you read the letter carefully, they think your wedding isn’t genuine. Anyone can be legally married, but they want some evidence it’s a true relationship and not some marriage solely to get a work permit.

When did you meet your wife? Did you save photos of vacations, love letters or emails written prior to getting married? Was your marriage arranged? Any correspondence by your parents arranging this marriage that date prior to your work permit? Things like that they are looking for. What they are not looking for is a legal document that you are married. They believe you are legally married, they just believe the only reason you got married was to get your wife a work permit. So show evidence showing otherwise.

You can always appeal their decision to federal court if you believed you have shown everything you can and they are not being reasonable in their decision.

pujadoshi93

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi,

i had applied for my spouse's open work permit and got rejection. :( as i have attached all the required documents as per guidelines.
the reason they gave is other reasons 205(c)(ii) regulations.
we had attached primary work permit holder's work permit,
passport,
marriage certificate,
letter from employer,
pay stubs from last one month,
letter from both side for acknowledge,
sufficient funds on both side.
etc.

can any one help me what changes we can make in our next application.

Thanks
Karan
Hi. Did you reapply? Please help with documentation if you got approved