+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

sowpchk

Aug 8, 2019
Did you get medical call?

I also applied on July 24. Biometric July: 30. August: 2 (Medical Passed- Upfront). But no reply after that.

Harmin19

Aug 9, 2019
Hello All,

May I know the status of Open Work Permit for Spouse applied from within Canada?

Upto what dates the applications have been approved?
I have applied on 14th May and still waiting for any response.

Thanks in Advance,
Any update?

kiret_

Aug 28, 2019
Hii everyone,
I am PGWP holder, i applied for my SOWP from canada on July 11
Biometrics request 12 July
Biometrics done 15 July.
Still waiting for results
I have concern that do name of husband on our passport is necessary ?

Sukh star

Aug 16, 2019
Hi whts
Hii everyone,
I am PGWP holder, i applied for my SOWP from canada on July 11
Biometrics request 12 July
Biometrics done 15 July.
Still waiting for results
I have concern that do name of husband on our passport is necessary ?
Whts your status now

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Sharing my timeline.
Applied online with upfront medical: May 15th 2019 (outland application as I'm in Pakistan).I Applied through an immigration in lawyer who is in Canada.
July 2nd 2019: Request for additional documents as evidence that applicant has maintained genuine relationship with spouse. Uploaded on the same day.
July 22nd: Passport request.
Processing time for Pakistan is 14 weeks these days. My file was processed in almost 10 weeks.
It was my second attempt after first visa was refused back in April 2019. Details of first application can be found here.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/listed-spouse-failed-to-disclose-marriage-to-applicant-sowp-gcms.632635/
All the best to everyone waiting for their application approval.
Hi Buddy - Thanks for info - I am in the same boat.. My wife is in Pakistan and her Visa was rejected at first because we didnt show proof of relationship (applied 1 Jul and Rej 19 Aug). Now i have applied again on 6 Sept with Pics, whatsapp history, Financial transfers to her account, recent visit pics to Pak pics.

I am also NOC A.

I just wanted to know where your application went for processing ?? mine is being processed in AUH office. Was yours went there as well? I am just curious about the processing time whether it will take 12 weeks (Pak time) or 33 weeks (UAE time).. can you please tell from which city did you get the correspondence??

Thanks
Usman

SOWPApril2019

Apr 17, 2019
Hi Buddy - Thanks for info - I am in the same boat.. My wife is in Pakistan and her Visa was rejected at first because we didnt show proof of relationship (applied 1 Jul and Rej 19 Aug). Now i have applied again on 6 Sept with Pics, whatsapp history, Financial transfers to her account, recent visit pics to Pak pics.

I am also NOC A.

I just wanted to know where your application went for processing ?? mine is being processed in AUH office. Was yours went there as well? I am just curious about the processing time whether it will take 12 weeks (Pak time) or 33 weeks (UAE time).. can you please tell from which city did you get the correspondence??

Thanks
Usman
It was processed in Abu Dhabi Embassy. Check Pakistan processing times for reference. You'll hopefully get a response within 12 weeks.

Devdhrara

Dec 11, 2019
Hi All,

Just sharing my timeline for SOWP application

Online Application - on 30.12.2014 ( Applied within Canada while spouse in India)
Spouse has 2 previous visa rejections both student and visitor.No representative was used

Medical Request- on Jan 10th 2015
Medical Passed Medicals Done - on Jan 20th
Medicals Passed - on February 4th 2015
Passport Request - February 15th
Passport Submitted - February 19th
Visa Approval - February 26th

The Application was petty simple, uploaded the required forms - added additional documents as a single
pdf at the explanation letter tab (both mine and husbands)

i hope this helps someone out there

hi ! just want to know what forms did u filled. actually i want to sponsor my wife outside Canada and i have work permit.

Thank you

saman.khoddam

Jan 27, 2018
Hello everyone

My spouse has PGWP and she is not working. NO JOB OFFER IN SKILL LEVEL AND NO PAYSLIPS.
We have AOR for permanent residency.
I found the following information:
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you’ve been included on an application for permanent residence that has been found complete or has received a positive eligibility assessment. Your application must be under one of the following:

My understanding is that I would be eligible for an open work permit. Am I right? Is there anyone who had same situation?

please let me know what you think?