+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

Mamun ahmed

Apr 25, 2019
Malaysia, KualaLumpur,
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Agency office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11/12/2017
Doc's Request.
01/12/2017
Nomination.....
11/12/2017
AOR Received.
11/12/2017
IELTS Request
09/12/2017
File Transfer...
18/07/2019
Med's Request
11/07/2019
Med's Done....
18/07/2019
Interview........
15/07/2019
Passport Req..
7/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/2017
LANDED..........
00/00/00/
Hi ButterflyChemist ,

According to IMM1295E (OWP outside canada), please refer to option 9. it's not always VAC designated to country of residence can process your application. for example, my wife reside temporarily in different country from her current country of residence.
so, I noticed that all corresponding emails comes from the VAC where she applied.
Yes, even if its online application but you need to specify exactly where are you now , and should link to your travel itinerary explanation.
Hi can you tell me that Did you applied online to here in Malaysia Kualalampur embassy ? Application for work permit made outside of canada?

ac_kolk

Oct 27, 2016
Hi Guys, I am new here in this forum. I am going to apply for spouse open work permit. My question is do I need to include any statement of purpose for her?

When I applied for my student permit then I had attached my SOP. So just wondering whether she is also require to write a SOP for applying O.W.P.
Your expert comment is much appreciated.

Thanks

pujadoshi93

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi Guys, I am new here in this forum. I am going to apply for spouse open work permit. My question is do I need to include any statement of purpose for her?

When I applied for my student permit then I had attached my SOP. So just wondering whether she is also require to write a SOP for applying O.W.P.
Your expert comment is much appreciated.

Thanks
You can include a cover letter explaining your docs and other details.

Reactions: Mamun ahmed

ac_kolk

Oct 27, 2016
Hi experts, is there any fund requirement that I have to show for my spouse for applying OWP outside of Canada? My wife stays in India, I am a student here in ON. I want to take her here with a OWP. Please help me with your valuable ideas.

If you could share a link with me then it would be great.

kiran_raj

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi experts, is there any fund requirement that I have to show for my spouse for applying OWP outside of Canada? My wife stays in India, I am a student here in ON. I want to take her here with a OWP. Please help me with your valuable ideas.

If you could share a link with me then it would be great.
Hey,

Yes you should show at least 10,000 CAD as deposit. I don’t have a link to share but it’s highly recommended to show the proof .

harman27

Jul 26, 2017
Anyone applied sowp inside canada?

My timeline
Applied:4may2019
Medical: they will ask if they need
Updates: no

Still waiting for spouse visa extension let me know who are in same condition like me?

Email: harman2730@gmail.com

Thanks

GuptaNe

Jul 2, 2019
Anyone applied sowp inside canada?

My timeline
Applied:4may2019
Medical: they will ask if they need
Updates: no

Still waiting for spouse visa extension let me know who are in same condition like me?

Email: harman2730@gmail.com

Thanks
Hello, I am in same condition.applied open work permit on 14th May and I updated yet.
Got to know that people who have applied on 5th May have got the results
Please let me know once you get it or get any information about it. Even I am waiting for the same

jignajoshi29

Jul 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for spousal open work permit from India as per the below details.

First Time (By myself from India)
18th December 2018 - Applied
30th January 2019 - Refused due to section 205(c)(ii) of the regulations
4th June 2019 - Refund 100 CAD$ from Immigration dept of Canada for previous application.

Second Time (By Agent from Canada)
15th March 2019 - Re Applied with new passport with my husband's name
No updates after that.....

I am waiting since March for visa update. But, we didn't receive any update on our application. Could you please help us for checking the processing time? How long will it take to process this application?

Please help us.

Thank You.

GuptaNe

Jul 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for spousal open work permit from India as per the below details.

First Time (By myself from India)
18th December 2018 - Applied
30th January 2019 - Refused due to section 205(c)(ii) of the regulations
4th June 2019 - Refund 100 CAD$ from Immigration dept of Canada for previous application.

Second Time (By Agent from Canada)
15th March 2019 - Re Applied with new passport with my husband's name
No updates after that.....

I am waiting since March for visa update. But, we didn't receive any update on our application. Could you please help us for checking the processing time? How long will it take to process this application?

Please help us.

Thank You.
Is your husband in Canada? What is agent saying ? Has he applied online or it was a paper based application??

jignajoshi29

Jul 2, 2019
Is your husband in Canada? What is agent saying ? Has he applied online or it was a paper based application??
Yes, my husband is in Canada. Agent is just saying it is in progress. He has applied online. When he has applied, my husband was on student permit and then after two months he uploaded the new PGWP work permit documents of my husband. Thus, is this anything related to the documents update in between?

Because before my husband's work permit was till July 2019 and now as per new work permit it is till Oct 2021. He has updated this work permit and pay stubs of my husband after submitting the application.

Basically Applied - 15th March 2019.
Documents update - around 10th May 2019.

Sorry to mention these details before the time.

GuptaNe

Jul 2, 2019
Yes, my husband is in Canada. Agent is just saying it is in progress. He has applied online. When he has applied, my husband was on student permit and then after two months he uploaded the new PGWP work permit documents of my husband. Thus, is this anything related to the documents update in between?

Because before my husband's work permit was till July 2019 and now as per new work permit it is till Oct 2021. He has updated this work permit and pay stubs of my husband after submitting the application.

Basically Applied - 15th March 2019.
Documents update - around 10th May 2019.

Sorry to mention these details before the time.
Okay. May be it was rejected earlier it’s taking long this time. But can’t say. Please check with CIC