+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
Re: Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application

Yogivrun said:
Hi,
I am in Calgary, Canada working in NOC B category for the past 2 months. I studied Lab technician on 2 years course. but I am Working in Civil Field. Its Permanent job. My spouse applied online for a work permit on 15 Jan, 2015 with the following documents.

i. Application form
ii. Marriage certificate
iv. Letter of explanation (Cover letter)
a. Copy of my visa
c. Copy of my Work permit
d. Copy of my Letter of Employment - In this I mentioned my Job position , annual salary, Permanent full time employee.
e. Copy of my passport.
f. Copy of my bank balance with 12000 $
g. Copy of my 15 days pay slip
v. Photo
vi. Copy of my wife's Passport

But still On 18 March, 2015 our open work permit application was refused for the following reasons.

You have not demonstrated that you meet the requirements of an open work permit under section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations.

In my next application how do i defend these reasons? Is there any other documents i should add? As per my knowledge my application was refused cause of i did not mentioned my job duties...suggest me proper way..
* I could be wrong *

but I thought the OWP was for individuals with permanent resident applications in process?

Or am I thinking something completely different here?

rifsim1216

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hi, myself simonil rifad pradhan. my husband is on work permit which is expiring in mid of 2016. we have registered under PR express entry but have not received ITA yet.

I Applied paper application submitted from India on 22nd january 2015 and received refusal letter on25th march 2015

Documents submitted

1. Passport photocopy
2. Education certificates (masters and bachelors certificates and degree)
3. Back home job experience letter
4. Police clearance certificate
5. Medical
6. Marriage certificate and name change affidavit
7. IELTS (6 bands average)
8. Husband's work permit PGWP
9. His job reference letter [NOC B], offer letter
10. his and my Pay slips
11. his and my Bank statement of 15k CAD and 1 lakh around rupees

They have made mark on the below given 2 Reasons of refusal-

You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in
Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development
Canada to begin this process.

2. purpose of visit

My question to you is

How would we reapply again to make case stronger??
Spouse open work permit do not need any offered employment with LMO we believe.

Would really appreciate your help

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
@rifsim1216

The only thing coming to my mind is a letter from your husband to Visa office explaining that you both would be staying together and he would bear ur accommodation and other expenses.
Similar letter from your side that you want to join your husband in Canada.I read somewhere that you should demonstrate that u intend to stay together.
And his job letter must state his job responsibility.

other than that i do not see anything else missing.

Thanks,
Sabya

rifsim1216

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hey sabya thank you so much for noticing all the details.
I actually forgot to mention about letter. I wrote letter too
N justified evrythn that il be gng on his dependent and he will be responsible about all financial expenses .I don't know why did they reject ..
what next should I do? And any idea about section 186 that is the 1st reason they gave??

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
@ rifsim1216

Your letter is fine, but a letter from your husband with his signature is also important. Thats what i believe, i could be wrong.

And reason 1 comes when reason 2 is not satisfied.
So if you are satisfying reason 2 they will not talk about reason 1.

Treat it this way , the visa officer will think that you are applying for work permit with out your husbands knowledge.

Otherwise i do not see any reason for refusal, even my wife is waiting for a response for her work permit. I am keeping my finger crossed.

Thanks,
Sabya

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
rifsim1216 said:
Hi, myself simonil rifad pradhan. my husband is on work permit which is expiring in mid of 2016. we have registered under PR express entry but have not received ITA yet.

I Applied paper application submitted from India on 22nd january 2015 and received refusal letter on25th march 2015

Documents submitted

1. Passport photocopy
2. Education certificates (masters and bachelors certificates and degree)
3. Back home job experience letter
4. Police clearance certificate
5. Medical
6. Marriage certificate and name change affidavit
7. IELTS (6 bands average)
8. Husband's work permit PGWP
9. His job reference letter [NOC B], offer letter
10. his and my Pay slips
11. his and my Bank statement of 15k CAD and 1 lakh around rupees

They have made mark on the below given 2 Reasons of refusal-

You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in
Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development
Canada to begin this process.

2. purpose of visit

My question to you is

How would we reapply again to make case stronger??
Spouse open work permit do not need any offered employment with LMO we believe.

Would really appreciate your help
Did your husband's job letter explain his duties? How did you prove his job falls under NOC B?

rifsim1216

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
@sabya
I also made sure in the letter that it has his scanned signature Buddy..
than too got rejected .. now again we are thinking to re apply as soon as my CES evaluated Degree is here..
and once again Wil justify each n evry point .. hope they are not confused that I applied for spouse open work permit n not just work permit independently.

N good luck for your application . hope you get it real soon with positive response. .

rifsim1216

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
What i think from here is..

based on 1st refusal point.
1. they want me to have arranged employee in canada with LMIA (thats what section 183 and 203 means )
as i applied for the open work permit. but on CIC it says Spouse with open work permit doesn't need arranged employee . they can work in any field

2. My husband working in NOCB .. Duties and NOC code given by H.R falls under NOCB.. They said they cant give him LMIA as its a huge responsibility for the company..

What changes we can do here.. I also submitted my IELTS score (6 bands overall), PCC, MEdical report.

How can we justify from here

pk_mtrl

Dec 29, 2014
Hi All,

I have few questions about spouse open work permit outside canada.

I studied Masters in Quebec(Montreal) and currently working as a Software Developer in Montreal on Post Graduation Work Permit. and my work permit expires on Sep 2017. I recently gott married and want to bring my wife to Canada on Open work permit(outside canada).

1) Does she need to apply it at the local vfs office or should we apply online(which one is fast).
2) Does my wife need to do medicals before or after we recieve a reply from CIC.
3) Is it just the Open work permit that my wife need to apply or any other Visa, since I am working in Quebec.

Thank you

Nasa2n2

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
You have an extra task here.. focus more in relationship history' attach photos' chat history phone calls ,etc.

If you are comfortable with compacting PDFs then go for online. Otherwise go for papers.

nirvana9

May 19, 2014
Citizenship
AOR Received.
25-07-2019
Hi,

I have applied for my PR under AINP (Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program) and have received file number. I got married few weeks back and want to bring my spouse to Canada.

Currently, I am working in NOC Skill Level A and its full time job. I have open work permit till 2018. My spouse is into engineering industry and is having five years of experience.

I have following questions:

1) Can my spouse apply for TRV or dependent visa or open work permit (OWP) from India?

2) Do I have to apply for TRV or Dependent visa first and then later on apply for OWP once she is in Canada?

3) Will my PR application have any effect on my spouse TRV or dependent visa or OWP (I haven't included her in my PR) in terms of rejection?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

AnnieMT

Mar 30, 2015
Hi All,

My husband is in Montreal, Canada on Work Permit for past 2 years which is expiring in December 2015.
I have applied for SOWP through VFS on 13th March 2015 stating that I intend to stay only till December 2015. I have submitted following documents other than the Open Work Permit and Family Details document:

1. My Passport
2. My Medicals Upfront
3. Police Certification
4. My Resume ( I am an IT Professional) and Relieving Letters of previous companies. I have already left my job before wedding in Feb 2015.
5. My Salary Slips
6. My Bank Statement
7. Cover Letter

8. His Passport (All pages)
9. His Work permit copy
10. His Employment letter
11. His Pay slips
12. His Bank Statement
13. His Driving License

14. Our Marriage Certificate
15. Wedding Card
16. Wedding Pics
17. Random Pics of our meetings earlier and post wedding
18. Invitation Letter

Our total bank statement is more than 20 K CAD and now m waiting for the response. The status is showing that it is under process.
Do we have anyone with the same situation?

vishwaiitr

Dec 4, 2014
Hi,

I applied OWP for my wife and TRV on 3 March 2015 at VFS Bangalore. Hope for the positive response from them.

Leos

Apr 9, 2015
Hi there I was wondering if somebody could advise me as my spouse is working in skilled cateogery in Alberta and I am in Canada on tourist visa, I want to apply for open work permit online should I do it under Temporary Resident visa cateogery? And what is the processing time involved?Many thanks for the kind help.

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
hi vishwaiitr, my timeline is same as yours, submitted my husband file on march 3rd through vfs banglore, no update yet. Have you got any update.