+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit on spouse student visa

pariuppa

Nov 24, 2019
Hello friends,
I am married since 10 months. We have our profile created in express entry but our crs is low so there is less probability of getting ITA. I am planning to goto canada on student visa and then apply for open work permit for my husband. I have a concern if our express entry profile will impact my husband's open work permit visa application?
Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello friends,
I am married since 10 months. We have our profile created in express entry but our crs is low so there is less probability of getting ITA. I am planning to goto canada on student visa and then apply for open work permit for my husband. I have a concern if our express entry profile will impact my husband's open work permit visa application?
Please advise.
No - the EE profile should not impact your husband's OWP. Note that the OWP approval is not guaranteed.

pariuppa

Nov 24, 2019
Thanks . I want to know that recently I had applied to a course In Canada and I got the letter of acceptance too. Can you help me with what documents will we need for me (wife) to apply a student visa and for my husband for OWP. Also please tell that I am targeting sep 2020 intake so shall we proceed together for getting visa processing or should I wait for first student visa and then my husband should apply. We wish to go together. Also, I want to ask that we were in the Express entry pool but since no update came and now its a long time and have no hopes since crs is too high. kindly guide us for the same.

GAEL 03

Feb 13, 2020
Hello,
am an international student in Canada and I married. my wife is also an international student. both of us graduated from a private college which makes us not to be eligible for the PGWP. therefore I have applied for the spousal open work permit since July and until now I haven't received any update from CIC. The processing time on the web site is not fixed.
please let me know is it normal for it to be that long? Also am I allow to work while waiting for the decision?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
am an international student in Canada and I married. my wife is also an international student. both of us graduated from a private college which makes us not to be eligible for the PGWP. therefore I have applied for the spousal open work permit since July and until now I haven't received any update from CIC. The processing time on the web site is not fixed.
please let me know is it normal for it to be that long? Also am I allow to work while waiting for the decision?
You can only work if you are studying full-time still, your study permit is valid or if you are on a scheduled break. Have you called customer service for CIC? Getting an SOWP as a spouse attending a private college may be very difficult.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks . I want to know that recently I had applied to a course In Canada and I got the letter of acceptance too. Can you help me with what documents will we need for me (wife) to apply a student visa and for my husband for OWP. Also please tell that I am targeting sep 2020 intake so shall we proceed together for getting visa processing or should I wait for first student visa and then my husband should apply. We wish to go together. Also, I want to ask that we were in the Express entry pool but since no update came and now its a long time and have no hopes since crs is too high. kindly guide us for the same.
Have you looked at the application form and guide? Statement of purpose is important.

pariuppa

Nov 24, 2019
yes . I have gone through it and will be writing a strong SOP. I just want to know that shall we both apply at the same time or first I should go there and then my husband should apply.

GAEL 03

Feb 13, 2020
You can only work if you are studying full-time still, your study permit is valid or if you are on a scheduled break. Have you called customer service for CIC? Getting an SOWP as a spouse attending a private college may be very difficult.
No I haven't called the customer service for CIC. Also am still waiting for the decision of my evaluation credential from WES. If I have it can I apply for my PR even if the SOWP decision is not out yet? if that is done would I be able to work ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I haven't called the customer service for CIC. Also am still waiting for the decision of my evaluation credential from WES. If I have it can I apply for my PR even if the SOWP decision is not out yet? if that is done would I be able to work ?
If your qualifications haven’t been evaluated by WES then your application can’t move forward. Until you have education evaluated you Can’t really move forward.

Srfnhmd

May 10, 2020
yes . I have gone through it and will be writing a strong SOP. I just want to know that shall we both apply at the same time or first I should go there and then my husband should apply.
Hello
my case is mostly similar to you , have you applied SOWP for your husband ?