+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Need Help

Tinu1234

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Did anyone received PPR recently.. My eligibility review started in se 21 st and is still not completed

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hi. I came on WP and have applied for my spouse's open work permit through my organization, for which i work. By the time my spouse gets his VISA, I will have my payslips ready. My spouse is back home now. I work under NOC 2175-A. My query is: Should my spouse show POF? Or since I am earning here, will my payslips suffice?

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Unfortunately no, you will need the PGWP in hand before you can apply for SWOP. I’m the mean time, collect other documents. Is your spouse in Canada right now?
Hi Prateek,

Can you please advise on the Document List for SOWP of a skilled worker applied from within Canada? Do I need to provide chat history, marriage photos, marriage card and other detailed relationship proof .

Do I need to add POF and solid ties with my home country even though I am currently living with my husband in Canada.

Tinu1234

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Eligibility review is still not completed..started on 23rd sep..three months completed..any suggestion guys??

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
Hi, I have prepared my student spouse open work permit (sowp) file at my own.

Documents with content are as below.

1. Client Information Document _ Details about applicant, Fund details, CA report, parent support affidavit , Education Documents, job experience, ITR

2. Proof of relationship _First two page _ ,Narreted story and then pictures of Relation with spouse from starting to ongoing

3. Student information _ international student details with photos + Letter of invitation from student.

So any one who have experience can check and share views on this sequence?? Anything that i need to add ??

Query _ i have created SOP in 1200 words without pictures and any proof. So Where should I attach SOP from above 3 Documents??

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Hyderwaqas

Jan 6, 2022
Hi,

I need an advice from my fellow group members. Currently I am on study permit, and can apply for PGWP after 6 months. My wife and 02 daughters are outlander. What should be my strategy to bring them in Canada with minimum risk of visa rejection.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I need an advice from my fellow group members. Currently I am on study permit, and can apply for PGWP after 6 months. My wife and 02 daughters are outlander. What should be my strategy to bring them in Canada with minimum risk of visa rejection.
Please don’t post the same question 9 times (at least). Wait for a respons

Oct 18, 2021
Dear Folks, I would like to make an inquiry. I have submitted documents for my study permit.
I want to clear, once I reach there and start my study, and say I apply for my spouse (SOWP) after 3 or 4 months,

As my wife is a (Housewife) and does not possess a bank account also, is it possible to show funds from my account in Canada only? or if I have an account back home will that be fine too?

Just wanted to clear is it really necessary for my wife to have a bank account in home country or my account will just be fine. Also, do I have to show funds in both Canada and Home country?

TIA

gg271990

Dec 6, 2021
Hello everyone, I have been posting on various forums but didn't get the details I require. My wife is on closed work permit and the same employer has raised a dependent (visitor) visa for myself. We are yet to travel to Canada. When we travel should I apply for SOWP on landing at airport or go for flagpole or apply online after entering Canada ? My employer can transfer me to canadian payroll if I am eligible to work there. They cannot apply a permit for me as I have not completed 1 year with them yet which is a mandatory requirement as per IRCC. So if anyone can help me with the options I have.

anivargh

Jul 2, 2020
Yes, you are correct. If you hold a NOC A job and pay slips then there is no need for POF. Any funds you show will just add to the strength of your case.
What if you lose your job while your PGWP application is in progress and are working in NOC C job?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello everyone, I have been posting on various forums but didn't get the details I require. My wife is on closed work permit and the same employer has raised a dependent (visitor) visa for myself. We are yet to travel to Canada. When we travel should I apply for SOWP on landing at airport or go for flagpole or apply online after entering Canada ? My employer can transfer me to canadian payroll if I am eligible to work there. They cannot apply a permit for me as I have not completed 1 year with them yet which is a mandatory requirement as per IRCC. So if anyone can help me with the options I have.
If you get the visitor visa, you can apply inland

Ideally you should apply for SOWP with your spouse and not visitor visa

Best of Luck