+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit may 2018

Tanvir786

May 6, 2019
Please help me. We have submitted my husband’s application file for spousal open work permit with my NOC A full time job in March. at that time I did not get my post graduate work permit so we did not upload it but we uploaded my UCI number with a letter to confirm that my PGWP application is in process. Now I have received my PGWP. Can I upload the document in the application by signing in the GC account or through web form ?
Please help

meenakumari

May 10, 2019
I came here to Canada on study permit I completed my course I got post graduation work permit
I was married in India before applying for study visa
Now I want to apply for pr but my husband wants me to settle in India so we decided to get separated .
But now he is not ready to give me divorce my lawyer has filed one sided divorce in Indian court but he wants to be with me in India not in Canada and I want to settle in Canada he is not ready to give me divorce.
Without divorce certificate will I be able to become a permanent resident.
And in my application do I mention his details as dependant or legally separated.
What do I do please help.

Tulika Bhullar

Jan 4, 2019
I came here to Canada on study permit I completed my course I got post graduation work permit
Now I want to apply for pr but my husband wants me to settle in India so we decided to get separated .
But now he is not ready to give me divorce my lawyer has filed one sided divorce in Indian court but he wants to be with me in India not in Canada and I want to settle in Canada he is not ready to give me divorce.
And in my application do I mention his details as dependant or legally separated.
U don’t need to mention anything regarding him

Talk2jibin

May 20, 2019
Hi,

Applied for SOWP for the second time from. Canada through an agency on Mar 29th.For my first application rejection happen on Jan 24th which I apllied thorough an agent in Dubai.

Am working in Dubai for last 5 years so I wann to know how much time it will take for the processing because I have not got any updates till now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Applied for SOWP for the second time from. Canada through an agency on Mar 29th.For my first application rejection happen on Jan 24th which I apllied thorough an agent in Dubai.

Am working in Dubai for last 5 years so I wann to know how much time it will take for the processing because I have not got any updates till now.
Do you have a spouse working in Canada? What is their status?

Chodeeps

Aug 29, 2019
My husband has left to Canada on Aug 21. He got study permit on July 25, with which I had applied for sowp on Aug 4. Missed to upload few imp docs so raised web form twice with docs on Aug 5. Got profile updated message the next day. Long wait. Upfront Med and biometrics done.

Got profile updated today where eligibility review in progress and medicals passed.
How long, typically should I wait for ppr after meds passed? Does New Delhi office issue PPR on a specific day of the week?

reddyoramar

Jul 25, 2018
My husband has left to Canada on Aug 21. He got study permit on July 25, with which I had applied for sowp on Aug 4. Missed to upload few imp docs so raised web form twice with docs on Aug 5. Got profile updated message the next day. Long wait. Upfront Med and biometrics done.

Got profile updated today where eligibility review in progress and medicals passed.
How long, typically should I wait for ppr after meds passed? Does New Delhi office issue PPR on a specific day of the week?
Hi,i applied the sowp on Sept 28 2019 and missed to upload study permit. I have raised the webform and submitted the required documents. My medical got updated on Oct 2 2019 and eligibility review, BG verification is on progess. So what is your visa status? Can you please update me.
Thanks,

Last edited:

Swati singh

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Personal suggestion if possible and you guys love each other then don't get divorced try to convince him or give a try once.
And yes you can mention your relationship in your application while filing the application

Swati singh

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Personal suggestion if possible and you guys love each other then don't get divorced try to convince him or give a try once.

dnell

Jun 23, 2017
Hi,i applied the sowp on Sept 28 2019 and missed to upload study permit. I have raised the webform and submitted the required documents. My medical got updated on Oct 2 2019 and eligibility review, BG verification is on progess. So what is your visa status? Can you please update me.
Thanks,
Any updates so far?