+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit -India 2021

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
hi thanks for the reply.

I have already submitted the SOWP and Biometric was done in Apr 1st week 2021, and after that no Updates.

Also I have applied for the Student Visa for my Kid who is 5.5 years old, I see an update from IRCC that the studen visa decision will be made on or before Aug-06-2021 for the fall semester.

is that applicable for school children also or only for college students.

Thanks again!!
Kid's student visa is different..as soon as primary applicant's visa get approved, dependent visa mostly get approved if medical is passed n application is complete satisfying proof of funds..this is what I have understood

Reactions: Manikrithi17

shraddha.9284

Feb 10, 2021
Hello all, I had applied for SOWP based on my husband's student visa in January 2021. Got my biometrics done but there has been no change in my status since. Applied from Mumbai, India. It has been a long wait and I wanted to know if I should be worried about my application.

Reactions: Bradley Matthews

Manikrithi17

Jun 4, 2021
Hello all, I had applied for SOWP based on my husband's student visa in January 2021. Got my biometrics done but there has been no change in my status since. Applied from Mumbai, India. It has been a long wait and I wanted to know if I should be worried about my application.
SOWP applied in India is not progressing it seems

Reactions: jeeneet

Manikrithi17

Jun 4, 2021
Last week one of my friend applied for sowp who is in India ... vfs asked to book biometric date on July 8th 2021. ... we could assume approval process to start by this July.
Cool. I think they are taking till Bio-Metric now. If they start other process like Background check, medical, eligibility and all it would be good. Thats where there is huge lag in the process. I see people who applied last year also still waiting.

Finger crossed

nayazkha653

Jul 4, 2021
Date of spouse application - 11th February
Biometric - 15th Feb
No updates after that
is it a good idea to get the GCMS notes?

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
Category - Spouse Open Work Permit
Application Submitted - May 08 2021
Medicals Done - March 07 2020
Medicals - Not updated
Biometrics Submitted
- May 09 2021
Biometrics updated - May 09 2021
Eligibility review - Not started
Biometic Validation Letter - Not received

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Date of spouse application - 11th February
Biometric - 15th Feb
No updates after that
is it a good idea to get the GCMS notes?
There is no harm in applying for GCMS. But the additional information we come to know is the processing office and the current status which s already given in our account. I had applied on Feb 24th for the spouse visa and later applied on May for GCMS. I received the GCMS on June and All I got to know the status is required review and medicals n biometrics are passed.

Reactions: jeeneet

nayazkha653

Jul 4, 2021
There is no harm in applying for GCMS. But the additional information we come to know is the processing office and the current status which s already given in our account. I had applied on Feb 24th for the spouse visa and later applied on May for GCMS. I received the GCMS on June and All I got to know the status is required review and medicals n biometrics are passed.
Thank you Siddharth, was it not updated about medical s in your GC account?

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Hi i applied open WP LMIA EXMPT from india
Submitted feb 26
Biometric were submitted with the file.
But nothing since then.