+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit -India 2021

Manikrithi17

Jun 4, 2021
Any idea if they start processing spouse open work permits any time soon
same question. waiting for the same. Hope it is from India?

Not sure why processing from India is so long, even normal days it is avg 10 weeks, but I see many countries it is 4-6 weeks

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
same question. waiting for the same. Hope it is from India?

Not sure why processing from India is so long, even normal days it is avg 10 weeks, but I see many countries it is 4-6 weeks
Maybe there are too many files to process along with the backlogs. Like student visa, all types of work permits, pr applications from India.

Reactions: Manikrithi17

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
When will IRCC would start working, ppl have been waiting since a long time…. Aren’t they processing applications from india due to flights being banned.

W8nForever

Jun 7, 2021
When will IRCC would start working, ppl have been waiting since a long time…. Aren’t they processing applications from india due to flights being banned.
I think you are right.. Hoping to hear good news when travel opens on 21st July.

nayazkha653

Jul 4, 2021
Hi,
My wife’s open work permit is in process, now I got ITA for PR as well for both myself and my wife, if I apply for her PR , will that delay the processing of open work permit?

Mani$h

Mar 16, 2021
Hi,
My wife’s open work permit is in process, now I got ITA for PR as well for both myself and my wife, if I apply for her PR , will that delay the processing of open work permit?
Did you received ITA for CEC Category?
If yes do we need to show funds if applying for both yourself & spouse under CEC Category?
Thank you.

Mani$h

Mar 16, 2021
Hi,
I think both applications are treated separately.
So it will not impact SOWP.
Thank you.

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
They didn’t increase the time this week and its still 13 weeks. Do u think its a good indication.
Since they keep on increasing processing time and not processing any application, cannot say if it will be 20 weeks or 30 weeks now