+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit -India 2021

Arunr86

Jun 24, 2021
I was about to ping that here ... this itself giving a good feeling like permit got approved ..
there is a fb group spouse open work permit.Follow that .. we have not yet seen any approval from India ..hopefully before this month end it will get start .. in Ontario phase 3 opening is on July 16 .. fingers crossed. Thanks

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Did anyone noticed, Work permit processing time in India is reduced from 20 to 19 weeks, which means the process started?
Just a tactics. Cannot trust the timelines provided. It may keep on fluctuating between 15 weeks to 25 weeks and yet there are applicants waiting for more than 52 weeks. Not sure why OWP application is being ignored and only Students application is being considered. Both should be given equal importance. Spouses are under depression and no news about processing or results from India.

Reactions: vic777

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Just a tactics. Cannot trust the timelines provided. It may keep on fluctuating between 15 weeks to 25 weeks and yet there are applicants waiting for more than 52 weeks. Not sure why OWP application is being ignored and only Students application is being considered. Both should be given equal importance. Spouses are under depression and no news about processing or results from India.
True.. The applications are getting piled up. And they seem to not care at all. I wonder how they will be able to complete a one year backlog with the staff they have!

Manikrithi17

Jun 4, 2021
that's true. it just to keep people from shouting.

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
VFS update - the VFS passport submission webform will go online for all holders of Passport Request letters. Hopefully now they will start processing the applications.

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
VFS update - the VFS passport submission webform will go online for all holders of Passport Request letters. Hopefully now they will start processing the applications.
Yes that’s what i was thinking too, now they might plan on giving equal importance to all categories

Reactions: Siddharthjh

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Yes that’s what i was thinking too, now they might plan on giving equal importance to all categories
Nope. You get them wrong. There is no intention of processing OPEN WORK PERMIT, else you would have seen atleast 50 files processed in last 5 months

nayazkha653

Jul 4, 2021
Govt is only concentrating on those visas which earn them taxes not the ones which unites families, not a good attitude , I don’t even understand why they need to go through such a big process for spouse visa unlike USA , just go for stamping interview and clear things

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Govt is only concentrating on those visas which earn them taxes not the ones which unites families, not a good attitude , I don’t even understand why they need to go through such a big process for spouse visa unlike USA , just go for stamping interview and clear things
If they are only considering those, then why the heck they haven’t look into my file yet, i have been paying them taxes since 4 years… I don’t have a family there but i have a job offer letter with the company i am working from past 3 years.