+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit -India 2021

vic777

Dec 14, 2020
Folks, can someone let me know if Medical exam is mandatory for spousal Open Work Permit application. The consultant we used said we can provide Medicals if they ask. I always thought we need to do Medicals for Work permit applications. Can someone please confirm. Because we wonder if that is delaying our file. We are past the processing time posted online (I'm aware it is inaccurate, but still thought to ask this question)

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Folks, can someone let me know if Medical exam is mandatory for spousal Open Work Permit application. The consultant we used said we can provide Medicals if they ask. I always thought we need to do Medicals for Work permit applications. Can someone please confirm. Because we wonder if that is delaying our file. We are past the processing time posted online (I'm aware it is inaccurate, but still thought to ask this question)
Medical exam is mandatory for SOWP. Also there was the option to give the upfront medical exam before applying. Wonder why did not your consultant suggest you that.

vic777

Dec 14, 2020
Medical exam is mandatory for SOWP. Also there was the option to give the upfront medical exam before applying. Wonder why did not your consultant suggest you that.
Thanks Siddharth, appreciate your quick response. I'll check with the consultant, I too wondered about the same, all they said is we can provide if/when the immigration requests but so far we didn't receive any requests.

Reactions: Siddharthjh

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Thanks Siddharth, appreciate your quick response. I'll check with the consultant, I too wondered about the same, all they said is we can provide if/when the immigration requests but so far we didn't receive any requests.
Yea..My spouse did upfront medicals as we felt that the process might delay if we wait for their medical request

KarthickM

Jul 10, 2021
I went through this recently. I found from my consultant that IRCC said okay to submit upfront medical exam for SOWP from last week. Previously (Before two months), IRCC does not wanted an upfront medical to be submitted, so the consultant did not ask us to do a upfront medical exam.

Manikrithi17

Jun 4, 2021
but there are some
I went through this recently. I found from my consultant that IRCC said okay to submit upfront medical exam for SOWP from last week. Previously (Before two months), IRCC does not wanted an upfront medical to be submitted, so the consultant did not ask us to do a upfront medical exam.
Any update on Medical status who submitted in Mar-2021 ? Upfront medical Mar-15, SOWP submited on 30-Mar, and Bio-Metric 06-Apr. All 2021 date

Aug 11, 2021
Hi,

My spouse is working in NOC-A paid bi-monthly earning around 70k cad annually starting from June 2021 under PGWP. We are thinking of applying for SOWP. We were in relationship for 4 years and got married in march 2021. My spouse stayed for about a week after our marriage and had to return because of increasing COVID-19 travel restrictions. I am a software developer in India with 3+ years of experience. My salary is around 550 CAD monthly approx. I have income tax returns for last 3 years. I don't have salary slips but can get a salary certificate of last six months from my company. I have few questions -

1. Should I wait or apply for the SOWP ? If wait then Y?
2. I have around 6500 cad in my account and around 20000 cad in my spouse's account. Will more funds in my spouse and less in mine have impact on SOWP application?
3. I don't have any asset under my name. However my family owns land. What to show for home ties?
4. Is our marriage old enough (5 months)? I have proofs of our relationship prior to marriage, should I add those ?
5. Apart from being with my spouse, should I specify in my SOP I would also work in Canada as IT market has lot of requirement?
6. What is the approval rate?

Thanks in advance

Aug 11, 2021
Hi,

My spouse is working in NOC-A paid bi-monthly earning around 70k cad annually starting from June 2021 under PGWP. We are thinking of applying for SOWP. We were in relationship for 4 years and got married in march 2021. My spouse stayed for about a week after our marriage and had to return because of increasing COVID-19 travel restrictions. I am a software developer in India with 3+ years of experience. My salary is around 550 CAD monthly approx. I have income tax returns for last 3 years. I don't have salary slips but can get a salary certificate of last six months from my company. I have few questions -

2. I have around 6500 cad in my account and around 20000 cad in my spouse's account. Will more funds in my spouse and less in mine have impact on SOWP application?
3. I don't have any asset under my name. However my family owns land. What to show for home ties?
4. Is our marriage old enough (5 months)? I have proofs of our relationship prior to marriage, should I add those ?
5. Apart from being with my spouse, should I specify in my SOP I would also work in Canada as IT market has lot of requirement?

Thanks in advance

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Recent marriage always has been a concern, unless you provide relationship proof prior marriage. Your job profile is a value add and transfer of money to your account to show Good bank balance certificate around CAD 13000 will be helpful in your case.
Whatever assets you can show may be in your parents/in-laws/spouse's name will be strong enough to indicate family ties. Prepare strong SOP covering all these important points:-
1. Relationship proof: marriage, before and after marriage
2. Good Bank balance certificates (Both)
3. All possible Asset valuation (family)
4. Job profile/experience certificate/ offer letter/ payslips (more years will help justify bank balance).
5. Strong SOP justifying above 4 points.
6. Strong Belief that you are about to get your SOWP.
And success is near you.