+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit -India 2021

Kannuxxl

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Hi guys, I in canada as skilled worker, I apply for my wife open work permit on 5 May, biometric already done, but no updates, if anyone in similar situation please reply thank you

MSCS21

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Guys, I have a doubt regarding proof of funds for my spouse sowp. I'm getting gift deed from my family as most of my investments are locked in and long term and I showed the rest to my study permit. I have two options .kindly suggest which would be better/required as per cic.

1. My father who is retired, is ready to support for my spouse sowp. He doesn't have recent ITR. He can give bank statement for 6months. Is this acceptable?

2. My brother who is well settled is willing to support my wife sowp application and give gift deed, ITR etc.

Does the Source of funds of the donor even asked?

Manikrithi17

Jun 4, 2021
Hi guys, I in canada as skilled worker, I apply for my wife open work permit on 5 May, biometric already done, but no updates, if anyone in similar situation please reply thank you
Most of them in same case. Mine is SOWP applied on March-30-2021. only biometric is completed. rest all pending

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Hello All,

Is there anyone who applied for SOWP in 2021 and got the permit successfully. If yes, please share timeline. What are the current processing time?
I applied for my wife SOWP in April 2021 with upfront medical, Biometric was completed on July 22nd and there is no update after that. I am currently on student Visa.

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Hello All,

Is there anyone who applied for SOWP in 2021 and got the permit successfully. If yes, please share timeline. What are the current processing time?
I applied for my wife SOWP in April 2021 with upfront medical, Biometric was completed on July 22nd and there is no update after that. I am currently on student Visa.
There are few who got the visa approved for SOWP in 2021 (Sources - whatsapp group , Facebook group) . But I'm not sure in this forum if any have got it yet. Many of us including me are in the same boat that is Still waiting for the result. Can't trust the timeline as almost everyone have passed the processing timeline which is mentioned in their website ( 21 weeks ) are yet to receive the result.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hello All,

Not sure about SOWP but one of my friend got approval for his spouse visitor visa. He applied in May and got PPR few days ago. He (work permit) + wife (visitor) + kids(study+visitor)

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
There are few who got the visa approved for SOWP in 2021 (Sources - whatsapp group , Facebook group) . But I'm not sure in this forum if any have got it yet. Many of us including me are in the same boat that is Still waiting for the result. Can't trust the timeline as almost everyone have passed the processing timeline which is mentioned in their website ( 21 weeks ) are yet to receive the result.
Ok thanks for sharing this. We all shall wait.

Afotey

Sep 16, 2018
Accra
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Hi Any suggestions on what i can do?
Applied for Spousal Open Work permit in December 2019 - Ghana
Processing time was 12 weeks.
submitted Biometrics in January
No update on file for 8 months until i reached out to my MP after which
Passed medicals in November 2020.
Till now date no update on the file. Numerous web forms submitted and i always get the standard response.

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi Any suggestions on what i can do?
Applied for Spousal Open Work permit in December 2019 - Ghana
Processing time was 12 weeks.
submitted Biometrics in January
No update on file for 8 months until i reached out to my MP after which
Passed medicals in November 2020.
Till now date no update on the file. Numerous web forms submitted and i always get the standard response.
I applied in October 2019 ,medical biometric done passed ,additional documents submitted but still no answer. Its seems 2019 Spousal PR and spouse work permits are stuck

Afotey

Sep 16, 2018
Accra
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
I applied in October 2019 ,medical biometric done passed ,additional documents submitted but still no answer. Its seems 2019 Spousal PR and spouse work permits are stuck
Wow. this is very very frustrating!

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Guys, I have a doubt regarding proof of funds for my spouse sowp. I'm getting gift deed from my family as most of my investments are locked in and long term and I showed the rest to my study permit. I have two options .kindly suggest which would be better/required as per cic.

1. My father who is retired, is ready to support for my spouse sowp. He doesn't have recent ITR. He can give bank statement for 6months. Is this acceptable?

2. My brother who is well settled is willing to support my wife sowp application and give gift deed, ITR etc.

Does the Source of funds of the donor even asked?
I will provide a basic understanding so that you get the concept clear. Source of fund required ( brother or father is not an issue) liquid cash availability in your name is a must. Father's employment or brothers employment as the case may be showing their pf credit or salary credit for basic understanding where the funds have originated from. And other legal document (gift deed) which acts as a proof that this amount is not a loan which otherwise would have been a liability for you. Hope this information helps.

Reactions: MSCS21

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Not sure about SOWP but one of my friend got approval for his spouse visitor visa. He applied in May and got PPR few days ago. He (work permit) + wife (visitor) + kids(study+visitor)
Can we apply for visitor visa for my spouse while her SOWP is in progress?