+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit -India 2021

Brigante

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
I got my study visa on june 2021 for september 2021 but I defered my classes to january 2022 . I am still in india now . I had applied for spouse open work permit on july 2021 and stil processing . Can I apply visitor for my wife saying we planned to go together ?
If yes wat reason I can tell them for travel.How long I can request for travel.? Do I need to tell them my spouse work permit pending and will stay once I get aproved ..if anybody has statement of purpose for visitor visa ( while pending sowp) please let me know
Hi, how did you go about this?

Good Morning All,

Please I would be glad if someone with similar experience can help me out

1. I have a job offer in Canada
2. My Employer has processed and received a positive LMIA
3. I have submitted my Work permit application.

Now the question I have are as follows:

a. Can I apply for an open work permit for my spouse and study permits for my kids (2) right now (Seeing as I don't know the status of my application yet)
OR Do I wait till get a positive response to my Work Permit Application?

b. Do I simply apply for a Tourist visa for them after i have gotten positive feedback on my Work Permit Application?

c. I'd really want to arrive in Canada with them.

Please anyone should please assist.

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Did anyone receive approval in the recent time? have applied 6 months back and my timelines in my signature

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
Hello,

I am planning to aply for SOWP by myself and wish to understand on fund part. My father wish to gift some money as marraige gift but it's in FD form so can i show his FD along with gift deed in my SOWP file?? Or i have to transfer to my account??

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
I will provide a basic understanding so that you get the concept clear. Source of fund required ( brother or father is not an issue) liquid cash availability in your name is a must. Father's employment or brothers employment as the case may be showing their pf credit or salary credit for basic understanding where the funds have originated from. And other legal document (gift deed) which acts as a proof that this amount is not a loan which otherwise would have been a liability for you. Hope this information helps.

Hello,

I am planning to aply for SOWP by myself and wish to understand on fund part. My father wish to gift some money as marraige gift but it's in FD form so can i show his FD along with gift deed in my SOWP file?? Or i have to transfer to my account??

Agni Sharma

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hi all,
My timeline:
Applied on 18 March 2021 from India New Delhi
Medical passed on 1 oct 2021
Currently showing Background check .

No updates after that.

Brigante

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi all,
My timeline:
Applied on 18 March 2021 from India New Delhi
Medical passed on 1 oct 2021
Currently showing Background check .

No updates after that.
Hi Agni,

I know the wait can be tortuous but you waited from March - October for Medicals, just give it a bit more time.
You will get the positive news you are expecting soon.

Reactions: Agni Sharma

Agni Sharma

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hi Agni,

I know the wait can be tortuous but you waited from March - October for Medicals, just give it a bit more time.
You will get the positive news you are expecting soon.
I hope so Brigante. But thank you for your Wise words. When did you apply ?